ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: McCord turned down our NIL offer?

yea who would want to play in the ACC for a team that routinely finds itself in the Top 25 and get paid a ton to do it?

lol

Just looked at the last 4 seasons and stopped there. They suck. If McCord was half as valuable as he thought, he could and would have, landed at a much better school.

Lol...did you even look at their recent seasons?

They finished 5-7 and 7-6 in 19 and 22. Even giving you those two years....I wouldn't call them routinely in the top 25. Unless the standard now is being rated at some point.
I said they’ve routinely been in the top 25

They’ve spent 14 weeks there over the past 5 seasons

Compared to us, that’s quite routine

Just looked at the last 4 seasons and stopped there. They suck. If McCord was half as valuable as he thought, he could and would have, landed at a much better school.

Lol...did you even look at their recent seasons?
Of course.

Syracuse, in addition to being much better than us over the past 4 seasons, has also sent a QB to the league.

It’s crazy to see what an accurate recollection of occurrences does to people’s feelings around here

Good grief change your tampons, ladies

Of course.

Syracuse, in addition to being much better than us over the past 4 seasons, has also sent a QB to the league.

It’s crazy to see what an accurate recollection of occurrences does to people’s feelings around here

Good grief change your tampons, ladies
we're 20-36 over the last 5 years to SU 24-37...you're right, they are way better than us. not sure why he even considered us...

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
yea because that's what I was saying.....

good lord

put the pitchfork down

it worked out for all involved

What pitchfork? You're the one that made the absurd claim that Syracuse was a great landing spot for somebody who thought he was so aweaome he could dictate the terms of, everything.

What pitchfork? You're the one that made the absurd claim that Syracuse was a great landing spot for somebody who thought he was so aweaome he could dictate the terms of, everything.
I didn't say any such thing.

those are your emotions talking.

I simply said he went to a program that has recently put a QB in the NFL and also routinely finds itself in the Top 25. I also said it worked out for everyone involved.

all indisputable facts that weren't meant to bunch anyone's panties, but here we are.

No, I don't have a problem with it.

NU invited him there, so it should be about him and what he wants and if he wants to know about money first that is where they should start.

Recruiting should not be one-size-fits-all. It should be as personalized as possible.
Sure. If the first thing out of the kid and the dad's mouth is money, I might look like I'm listening, but I'm not listening.

I didn't say any such thing.

those are your emotions talking.

I simply said he went to a program that has recently put a QB in the NFL and also routinely finds itself in the Top 25. I also said it worked out for everyone involved.

all indisputable facts that weren't meant to bunch anyone's panties, but here we are.
How do you quantify routinely?

Just want to understand what constitutes a fact. TIA.

How do you quantify routinely?

Just want to understand what constitutes a fact. TIA.
14 weeks in the top 25 over the past 5 seasons. in 60% of the past 5 seasons, they've been in the Top 25 at some point.

I'd call that routinely in the top 25.

the people in here up in arms about these simple statistics sound exactly like the KSU fan.

Syracuse has been to 3 bowl games in the past decade.
yep. same as us.

the two programs are considerably more alike in recent history than everyone wants to admit.

simply not possible for most (any?) to be objective, it seems.

14 weeks in the top 25 over the past 5 seasons. in 60% of the past 5 seasons, they've been in the Top 25 at some point.

the people in here up in arms about these simple statistics sound exactly like the KSU fan.
14 weeks over the past 5 seasons…

Removing the two bowl games the last 5 years, they played in 59 games. That means, I think, 59 weeks. That averages to 24%, not 60%.

Did you really chose 60% because they were ranked at some point in the regular season 3 times out of the last 5 years?

Wow, that’s some mind bending work to make them sound like routine inhabitants in the top 25. Well done.

14 weeks over the past 5 seasons…

Removing the two bowl games the last 5 years, they played in 59 games. That means, I think, 59 weeks. That averages to 24%, not 60%.

Did you really chose 60% because they were ranked at some point in the regular season 3 times out of the last 5 years?

Wow, that’s some mind bending work to make them sound like routine inhabitants in the top 25. Well done.
in 3 of the last 5 seasons, they've been in the top 25 at some point - which is exactly what I said.

I didn't "choose" anything. I typed an extraordinarily straightforward answer to your question.

jesus tapdancing christ, people. there is nothing to argue here.

and for the hundredth time, it worked out well for all parties. especially us since we got what everyone would agree is the better prospect despite having spent just one single regular season week in the Top 25 over the past 5 years.

Last edited:

I think people are responding in a way you do when somebody makes an absurd comment. The fact is that they have been rated twice since the turn of the century in the final top 25. Michigan/OSU/Georgia/Oregon to name a few have been routinely in the top 25. Syracuse is not even close to routinely a top 25 team.

in 3 of the last 5 seasons, they've been in the top 25 at some point - which is exactly what I said.

I didn't "choose" anything. I typed an extraordinarily straightforward answer to your question.

jesus tapdancing christ, people. there is nothing to argue here.

and for the hundredth time, it worked out well for all parties. especially us since we got what everyone would agree is the better prospect despite having spent just one single regular season week in the Top 25 over the past 5 years.
Got it. You’re right everyone else is wrong. Standard operating procedure.

You just use an obscure method to show how right you are so that when people question your methods you can come back and say “facts”. And it’s true. Just not in a way normal people would measure routinely being in the top 25.

Now it’s your turn to call me dense for not understanding. Maybe a fat shame as well thrown in? Must be why I don’t naturally follow your logic sometimes.

Got it. You’re right everyone else is wrong. Standard operating procedure.

You just use an obscure method to show how right you are so that when people question your methods you can come back and say “facts”. And it’s true. Just not in a way normal people would measure routinely being in the top 25.

Now it’s your turn to call me dense for not understanding. Maybe a fat shame as well thrown in? Must be why I don’t naturally follow your logic sometimes.
what is obscure about what I have typed to you twice now?

Syracuse has been ranked at some point in 3 of the last 5 seasons. do you disagree?

that is a majority of those seasons. do you disagree?

a majority is more often than not. do you disagree?

more often than not is routinely. do you disagree?

there is no right/wrong. just facts.

if you want to argue, knock yourself out.

I think people are responding in a way you do when somebody makes an absurd comment. The fact is that they have been rated twice since the turn of the century in the final top 25. Michigan/OSU/Georgia/Oregon to name a few have been routinely in the top 25. Syracuse is not even close to routinely a top 25 team.
people are arguing because I'm the messenger.

I never said anything about ending the season there. only that they've been there on a somewhat regular basis (routinely).

I don't disagree with anything you're saying.

for the 101st time - it worked out well for all parties involved.

people are arguing because I'm the messenger.

I never said anything about ending the season there. only that they've been there on a somewhat regular basis (routinely).

I don't disagree with anything you're saying.

for the 101st time - it worked out well for all parties involved.
Last word from me… you assume to know why people are arguing. I can tell you exactly why I am arguing. What you said is plain stupid. That’s why I am arguing. Not because you’re the messenger. Your “60%” quote is plain stupid. Factual? Absolutely. But that doesn’t make it any less stupid.

Now have a nice day.

Reactions: king_kong_
Last word from me… you assume to know why people are arguing. I can tell you exactly why I am arguing. What you said is plain stupid. That’s why I am arguing. Not because you’re the messenger. Your “60%” quote is plain stupid. Factual? Absolutely. But that doesn’t make it any less stupid.

Now have a nice day.
"facts are stupid"

noted.

Kaelin is huge worry for me. Hopefully he sees the field in mop up duty. Can't remember the last time we have been able to get guys in that situation
I think he realizes he needs to develop. He’s a snap away from potentially being a starter and IF Raiola is as good as some think he’ll be, Kaelin can still be a 2 year starter for us who played a lot of snaps as a backup. I think it’s a good situation for him.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT