ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP- Malachi Coleman Reopens Commitment

No we don’t. This is more about Ruehl than Mickey, IMHO. Or both. Same comment though… bad start to Ruehl’s attempt to put together a recruiting class. If this guy is worth a shit, is he’s worth even a FRACTION of that ridiculous contract, it’d better be STELLAR by February.

He immediately lost our most talented recruit. Bad start. Really bad start, and a really bad omen….
I'm going to say....not thinking that negatively yet...think we will be fine

No we don’t. This is more about Ruehl than Mickey, IMHO. Or both. Same comment though… bad start to Ruehl’s attempt to put together a recruiting class. If this guy is worth a shit, is he’s worth even a FRACTION of that ridiculous contract, it’d better be STELLAR by February.

He immediately lost our most talented recruit. Bad start. Really bad start, and a really bad omen….

c3596370-6785-47e1-919b-52cd0a425306_text.gif

Naw I am not convinced that he is 100% gone as of yet.
Yes. He is but that’s ok, we will be fine. I wish to god this hadn’t happened but we are where we are. I think of MJ and his family more than a silly game right now.

In a couple of days, he may be talking to someone who teaches how to attain a #gorillamindset and #savageprofessionalism.

Bingo. Plus his whole “I’ll only come if you keep this coach” reeked of something Frost would say. The program is way more important
I would say the order of importance is
Oline/Dline transfer portal stat.
Athletic training that emphasizes mobility and athleticism.
Quality Oline and Dline coaching.
Better practice structure and habits.
QB portal.
Probably a few other things.
Coleman’s recruitment

Not much of a surprise with MJ being gone and no new WR coach having been announced yet.

LINK
Let me make this clear. NOT ONE not one person one recruit will rule this program period. That his his option. Go for it!

Well, listening to krvn this afternoon, their sports guys didn't think it was a program killer. Like to have him but didn't wow them in games they saw/called.....just repeating what they said 🤔

Appreciate all of your optimism.

Let me change gears then… how often have we seen the Big10 won on 3-star talent? And not just West division. Talent is skewed east.

It seems to me that it’s the teams with the most Talent that win more often than not. Seems like we haven’t had it in a decade, mostly 3-star athletes, and the result is on the field. Someone tell me why I should be excited about this guy, UNLESS HE DRAMATICALLY IMPROVES TALENT?

I get Development, but there’s a difference between developing a burger, and a wagyu ribeye. One’s just Better, and it can’t be changed.

Last edited:
Well, listening to krvn this afternoon, their sports guys didn't think it was a program killer. Like to have him but didn't wow them in games they saw/called.....just repeating what they said 🤔
Could very well be the case. Just not a great omen that our most talented player on paper, from a class pretty lacking in talent Before this hire, immediately de-committed.

He has a very short window to pull a rabbit out a hat, or a lot of boosters are (correctly) gonna stop supporting this program. Or just stop from lack of interest in a team destined for mediocrity.

Could very well be the case. Just not a great omen that our most talented player on paper, from a class pretty lacking in talent Before this hire, immediately de-committed.

He has a very short window to pull a rabbit out a hat, or a lot of boosters are (correctly) gonna stop supporting this program. Or just stop from lack of interest in a team destined for mediocrity.

tumblr_n2bl7p6PDi1tvw5iuo3_250.gif

As already stated, every young man should re-evaluate his choice after a coaching change, whether he says so publicly or not.

In-state kids should be easier to win back, assuming their grandparents are around to tell them how awesome our history is.

Reactions: dochay
Dallas Buyers’ Club? Really?

Just sayin. There are plenty of boosters ready to pull the plug over this hire, over specifically the last three hires. I’m one of many. Riley and HCSF consistently recruited mediocre classes, and have had consistently mediocre results. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that our win % has been reflective of our Talent? What am I missing?

Dallas Buyers’ Club? Really?

Just sayin. There are plenty of boosters ready to pull the plug over this hire, over specifically the last three hires. I’m one of many. Riley and HCSF consistently recruited mediocre classes, and have had consistently mediocre results. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that our win % has been reflective of our Talent? What am I missing?
You're a tard

Seems harsh. Players commit to coaches just as much or more than they do the school.

Seems harsh. Players commit to coaches just as much or more than they do the school.
Not anymore they don’t. Not as much with NIL. They’re go where they’re paid to go every bit as much now. We’re at a disadvantage compared to a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Program killer? JFC relax.

You're spot on, Tatiana. The December signing day is 20 days away. That's plenty of time to build relationships and flip a number of 4 and 5 star kids. Then bring in some starters off Top 20 programs through the portal after that.

NU may not have been to a bowl game since Obama was president, but damn it, we've got high standards.

You commit to the school, not the coach, and I have little patience for an in-state kid not to understand that. He can gtho.
Maybe once upon a time, but not anymore. These kids commit to coaches who they develop relationships with. If those relationships are not there anymore, that commitment is out the door.

ADVERTISEMENT