ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Dylan named starting QB for UTEP game ...

Just my opinion, but I don't see the need to pile on HH in this thread. He was forced into a bad spot when Sims couldn't do the job last year. Young WR's, patch work, injured O line and RB room. He did his best. Won some games. I think we should leave it at that. Today is a new day. It's the Dylan Raiola show now. Let's roll!! GBR!!

Tbh I'm not sure they are trying to pile on HH even though it seems that way. I think it's more of them taking a shot at Kong and his fascination with the kid. Imo HH is kinda catching strays in this one.

I wasn't a fan of HH as a QB but he played his hardest and probably did all he could. I'll always wish him the best. Even if I'm not a huge fan of his as a QB.

Holla

Glad to see Coleman back seemingly healthy. Being honest he's a kid I'm really worried about getting lost in the competition this year. What he did last year won't be enough to get him big PT this year. He's gonna have to improve. Imo this is a cross roads year for him. Will he step up or fall behind.

It wouldn't shock me if he had a solid year nor would it surprise me a bit if he doesn't play much and ends up in another uniform next year. He's a huge enigma for me. Gonna have to grow up big time this year

Holla

Reactions: 10Trvln
Glad to see Coleman back seemingly healthy. Being honest he's a kid I'm really worried about getting lost in the competition this year. What he did last year won't be enough to get him big PT this year. He's gonna have to improve. Imo this is a cross roads year for him. Will he step up or fall behind.

It wouldn't shock me if he had a solid year nor would it surprise me a bit if he doesn't play much and ends up in another uniform next year. He's a huge enigma for me. Gonna have to grow up big time this year

Holla
He will have to up his game with the WRs we're recruiting. Mozee, Maybe Terry? Banks and Neyor will bridge the gap this year.

He will have to up his game with the WRs we're recruiting. Mozee, Maybe Terry? Banks and Neyor will bridge the gap this year.

Absolutely...Last year he was kinda forced in due to injuries. But this year?

Banks, Neyor, Lloyd, Barney, Bullocks etc. He's gonna have to earn it this year. I hope he can because they don't make many guys like him physically.

Holla

Absolutely...Last year he was kinda forced in due to injuries. But this year?

Banks, Neyor, Lloyd, Barney, Bullocks etc. He's gonna have to earn it this year. I hope he can because they don't make many guys like him physically.

Holla
Keelan Smith, Ken Clark's boy. The 2 WRs from Omaha. Lots of talent.

Agreed completely. I'm sure he will make his share of "oh shit" plays. But I think the key to this season with him is simple. Can he and our receivers "play catch" when it's needed.

To quote Mike Tomlin..can he make the routine plays routinely. If so that will great for our win total and that young fella.

Holla
Knowing when to cut it loose or knowing when to check it down are huge. Or just throw it away and live to fight another down. Game manager and coach on the field. Dylan can do it all.

Just my opinion, but I don't see the need to pile on HH in this thread. He was forced into a bad spot when Sims couldn't do the job last year. Young WR's, patch work, injured O line and RB room. He did his best. Won some games. I think we should leave it at that. Today is a new day. It's the Dylan Raiola show now. Let's roll!! GBR!!
Well said

Not me.

DR wasn’t coming here unless he was guaranteed to start day 1.

New chapter is here!
Do you really think Rhule or any coach makes those kinds of guarantees? As I understand it, when DR committed elsewhere, Rhule quit recruiting him.

Last edited:
Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
Tbh I'm not sure they are trying to pile on HH even though it seems that way. I think it's more of them taking a shot at Kong and his fascination with the kid. Imo HH is kinda catching strays in this one.

I wasn't a fan of HH as a QB but he played his hardest and probably did all he could. I'll always wish him the best. Even if I'm not a huge fan of his as a QB.

Holla

Yep, this really is the most unfortunate consequence of Kong's obsession with hitting a home run contrarian hot-take. Every staff we've had knew HH was not a #1 QB. He was forced into duty last year and performed admirably given the circumstances. Kong's over the top insistence on the contrary made HH an indirect target of harsh criticism.

He is going to be a valuable TE/HB option for us this season with some wildcat packages.

Do you really think Rhule or any coach makes those kinds of guarantees? As I understand it, when DR committed elsewhere, Rhule quit recruiting him.
Yes, of course

Rhule is 2 for 2

I don’t blame him nor do I necessarily think it’s a bad thing as long as you promise it to the right guy

Holla
I just wanna know when Omar Manning is gonna play?

Nice to see everyone finally coming around to my correct side of things, right down to HH getting crapped on as a proxy for me. People do funny things when they’re dead wrong, including I guess rooting against their own team

When we turn this thing around, he will have had a material impact

Meanwhile the purdy pals will continue right along like nothing happened, hoping nobody notices all the egg on their faces

Nice to see everyone finally coming around to my correct side of things, right down to HH getting crapped on as a proxy for me. People do funny things when they’re dead wrong, including I guess rooting against their own team

When we turn this thing around, he will have had a material impact

Meanwhile the purdy pals will continue right along like nothing happened, hoping nobody notices all the egg on their faces
I remember you talking about HH before last season saying he would be an NFL QB one day because of his size and intangibles.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
I remember you talking about HH before last season saying he would be an NFL QB one day because of his size and intangibles.
No you don’t. You just think you do.

This website is easily searchable. You won’t even find a post from me saying he’s a good quarterback.

Just a good leader, tough kid, big arm, bigger heart, by far the best we had and someone who will stabilize that room for the future (all true).

I just said it demonstrably and people here don’t like that, nor do they like to be wrong. Hence all the arguments directly in the face of the obvious.

I agree with everyone who say it’s time to move on and be glad we have an experienced backup in the room who understands what it means to lead NU, has proven he can win games and has a team-first mentality while we watch the biggest recruit in NU history write his story.

No you don’t. You just think you do.

This website is easily searchable. You won’t even find a post from me saying he’s a good quarterback.

Just a good leader, tough kid, big arm, bigger heart, by far the best we had and someone who will stabilize that room for the future (all true).

I just said it demonstrably and people here don’t like that, nor do they like to be wrong. Hence all the arguments directly in the face of the obvious.

I agree with everyone who say it’s time to move on and be glad we have an experienced backup who has proven he can win games and has a team-first mentality.
I apologize if I misremembered.

Reactions: king_kong_
Yep, this really is the most unfortunate consequence of Kong's obsession with hitting a home run contrarian hot-take. Every staff we've had knew HH was not a #1 QB. He was forced into duty last year and performed admirably given the circumstances. Kong's over the top insistence on the contrary made HH an indirect target of harsh criticism.

He is going to be a valuable TE/HB option for us this season with some wildcat packages.
IMO he is in fact a valuable part of the team as a backup QB. We have the luxury of a backup QB who has started and won games for us. IF he’s called on I expect him to be better in his second year in the offense and with our new QB coach.

We need the season to start. Rhule meeting with Sharpe last night just looked beat down. I think that dude is tired of talking and just wants to go out and see how good this team actually is.
When I heard there was an "extra" week this preseason I groaned. Anyone that played football and remembers the dog days of August camp knows that the extra week might just kill you. It's good for this developing program but it has to be a miserable grind right now.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Just for grins our first offensive play of the UTEP game should be a short side option.
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Reactions: huntered
Absolutely. All the time.

Tben you let the player play his way out of the position or step up.

such a shocker, NOT.

After all he's only been taking most if not all the reps with the no. 1 offensive unit in Fall camp.

LINK

HH is #2 and Kaelin is “turning heads” at #3 so who if having the 4 turnovers in a scrimmage ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT