ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Congrats Terran!!!!!

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/hawks-sign-lamar-patterson-terran-petteway

Apparently this news is 48 hours or so old, but I hadn't seen it. Congrats to TP!!!!!

Terran's one step closer to his NBA dream, which isn't easy for an undrafted player to pull off. He gets to play with the full Hawks team to show the coaches how he fits. If he works on his shot and can show that he's a useful 3-point shooter his chances improve a lot.

Looks like the Hawks have 14 players under contract for 2015-16, but one is a wing with a relatively small deal. Probably Petteway and Patterson are competing for the 15th and last roster spot (Looks like Petteway had a better summer league) but there's a chance that if both outperform Justin Holiday that he might get cut.

TP has the athletic and defensive skills. He showed in the summer league that he can be a better perimeter shooter and passer when the whole offense doesn't have to run through him. NU was just so weak offensively on the perimeter other than him that it put tremendous pressure on him to get a shot off. That led to poor shot selection and really hurt his draft stock. In NU's offense he was a volume shooter and he had to be. In the pros he can be more selective and not have to force his offense.

I'm pumped that this kid is playing for ATL. Even now that the Hawks are pretty good, it's still easy to get tickets. Hope I get to see him on the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT