ADVERTISEMENT

SI.com Bruce Feldman on Nebraska

Here's is the article on the interview Bruce Feldman did with Scott Frost. Feldman says there is no good recruits in Nebraska and since they moved to the Big 10 they lost the Texas recruiting pipeline since they were in the Big 12 and it will be tough to win and have the best offense in the country.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/04/17/scott-frost-nebraska-huskers-turnaround-ucf-oregon

Beat me to it.

I like this quote:SF about our fan base

“ They want a good product. Honestly, I think this first year they’re going to be more worried about having a team that they can be proud of.
We never measure our success based on wins and losses.It’s, are we better than we were yesterday”.

OP, we must be reading different articles. Where does it say there are no good recruits in Nebraska? Where does he say anything about Texas recruiting? I have read it a couple times and Feldman doesn't say that, in fact he mentions how well Wisconsin has done with more disadvantages and quotes Frost saying that we can consistently out-recruit our division and we only need Top 25 classes to win big.

OP, we must be reading different articles. Where does it say there are no good recruits in Nebraska? Where does he say anything about Texas recruiting? I have read it a couple times and Feldman doesn't say that, in fact he mentions how well Wisconsin has done with more disadvantages and quotes Frost saying that we can consistently out-recruit our division and we only need Top 25 classes to win big.
Watch that video thats in that article.

Either he posted the wrong link or reading is just THAT hard....

edit: ok, I watched the video. That guy is a moron.

Here's is the article on the interview Bruce Feldman did with Scott Frost. Feldman says there is no good recruits in Nebraska and since they moved to the Big 10 they lost the Texas recruiting pipeline since they were in the Big 12 and it will be tough to win and have the best offense in the country.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/04/17/scott-frost-nebraska-huskers-turnaround-ucf-oregon
Blah, blah, blah same song, twenty thousandth verse. The national media is so invested in that nonsense, they all repeat the same mantra. News flash-we're still recruiting Texas and getting some good players from there. The article was good-good thing I didn't waste my time watching the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9and4
Texan's on the roster below. Drop off when NU went to the B1G, then another drop off when MR became the HC. This was an expected outcome. We went to zero games played within the state of Texas. Also, coaches recruit in areas that they know. We went from 8 Floridians in 2017 to 13 on the current roster. I suspect that this number will increase to between 15-20. Lots of fast kids in Florida to feed the style of play Frost wants.
2008-17
2009-21
2010-21
2011-20
2012-18
2013-15
2014-11
2015-11
2016-7
2017-7
2018-7

Thank you for including these numbers of Texans on the roster. However, that spike between 2008 and 2013 points to a Pelini thing, not a Nebraska thing or a Big XII thing. Look at our numbers prior to Pelini, and the takeaway is that Nebraska has always used a few Texans, but our best teams didn't really have all that many.
2007 — 11
2006 — 8
2005 — 9
2004 — 9
2003 — 13
2002 — 10
2001 — 8
2000 — 9
1999 — 6
1998 — 8
1997 — 8
1996 — 8
BIG 8 YEARS
1995 — 7
1994 — 6
1993 — 6

Texan's on the roster below. Drop off when NU went to the B1G, then another drop off when MR became the HC. This was an expected outcome. We went to zero games played within the state of Texas. Also, coaches recruit in areas that they know. We went from 8 Floridians in 2017 to 13 on the current roster. I suspect that this number will increase to between 15-20. Lots of fast kids in Florida to feed the style of play Frost wants.
2008-17
2009-21
2010-21
2011-20
2012-18
2013-15
2014-11
2015-11
2016-7
2017-7
2018-7

Thank you for including these numbers of Texans on the roster. However, that spike between 2008 and 2013 points to a Pelini thing, not a Nebraska thing or a Big XII thing. Look at our numbers prior to Pelini, and the takeaway is that Nebraska has always used a few Texans, but our best teams didn't really have all that many.
2007 — 11
2006 — 8
2005 — 9
2004 — 9
2003 — 13
2002 — 10
2001 — 8
2000 — 9
1999 — 6
1998 — 8
1997 — 8
1996 — 8
BIG 8 YEARS
1995 — 7
1994 — 6
1993 — 6
Tim Beck connections.

Reactions: 9and4 and WHCSC
We have come a long way since some of the players were reportedly upset during the coaching change.............

"The smoothest cat I ever met in my life,” says senior wideout Stanley Morgan. “Everything you might hear about him is real. Just never panicked. Always has control of the situation. It’s not fake. I come to practice and see it every day. He comes into the building with a walk, with a cockiness. I notice that he always has his hat turned to the side. He’s confident.”

Yes, Texas produces many great players per capita (states). This entire thread hinges upon the argument that we need to recruit the majority of our players from there. We were never in the ACC, SEC, or PAC, yet, some of our best skill and “non-skill” position players came from states which reside in those conferences.

It would be interesting to see how our numbers of recruits from Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and all the rest, etc., have changed in turn. Perhaps not at all.

One thing we can not argue is that of not having a decent talent pool in Nebraska. We don’t, at least in the cfb world.

Reactions: HuskerO
Is that Feldman in the video saying that we need Texas players to compete, and lost all of those recruits when we left the Big 12?

What I don't get is people think we have to recruit Texass to recruit well. Irrelevant IMHO.

Reactions: sparky62
I love the confidence this staff projects. We're going to win and here's how. We're going to develop players. Not "we need to develop" but "we're going to develop".

It really sounds like last year was as big of a mess off the field as it was on the field.

Blah, blah, blah same song, twenty thousandth verse. The national media is so invested in that nonsense, they all repeat the same mantra. News flash-we're still recruiting Texas and getting some good players from there. The article was good-good thing I didn't waste my time watching the video.
Not to mention, NU's decline happened when the Big 12 formed, when they supposedly had this pipeline to Texas.

One thing the national media either doesn't understand or chooses to ignore is that during the 90s run, Nebraska had a pipeline to California. Not Texas. That guy sounds stereotypically ignorant.

Reactions: nu2u and saluno22
Informative and accurate article. It has some jimmies rustled in the pork state.

Our best teams had a core of Nebraska players that could play at a high level and key pieces from states with a lot of people.
Frazier - Fla
Phillips - CA
Aaron Graham - TX
Sheldon Jackson - CA
Shevin Wiggins - Fla
Michael Booker - CA
McFarlin - TX
Kris Brown - TX
Peter Bros and Colman - NJ (we had 11 players from NJ on the 95 roster!)

Pete Mundo.

Never heard of him? Me either.

I wanted to verify who it was before I go searching for his e-mail address to tell him that we had fewer Texas players on our roster when we went 60-3 with 3 national titles...than we do now.

Oh, and I also won't fail to mention that Frost and Co. signed 9 4-star players in two months, while working part-time and spending more time in Orlando than Lincoln.

I know, I've got a bit if a problem of wanting to put moronic people in their place when they make completely uneducated comments about our program. I'm trying to work on it. :D

I wanted to verify who it was before I go searching for his e-mail address to tell him that we had fewer Texas players on our roster when we went 60-3 with 3 national titles...than we do now.

Oh, and I also won't fail to mention that Frost and Co. signed 9 4-star players in two months, while working part-time and spending more time in Orlando than Lincoln.

I know, I've got a bit if a problem of wanting to put moronic people in their place when they make completely uneducated comments about our program. I'm trying to work on it. :D
Totally agree. Since no name was given in the video, I googled Feldman and couldn’t completely tell just looking at pictures. I then googled videos and found one where this idiot was actually named, which is how I sleuthed it out.

Lot of ignorance in a lazy statement on the video. He deserves to be called out.

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT