ADVERTISEMENT

Show me your racks

balsy

Senior
Dec 15, 2005
kearney
How's your guys deer season going? Ive seen quite a few nice bucks in the back of pickups last weekend. Any monsters?

My youngest is hunting in Hannah, Oklahoma this weekend...he loves that stuff....me, not so much...:)

Cribbage_pool_rack_closeup.jpg

Some yahoo goes on a deer rampage ever year it seems like - I recall a guy in Western Nebraska gunning dow a few dozen about 20 years ago with an illegal machine gun (AR-15 with full auto enabled?).

Some yahoo goes on a deer rampage ever year it seems like - I recall a guy in Western Nebraska gunning dow a few dozen about 20 years ago with an illegal machine gun (AR-15 with full auto enabled?).
All of us murderers do it. It's not a secret.

Depends on where you are hunting, but I kind of agree. My kid cant pull enough poundage on his bow yet.
How old is he? My boy finally agreed to try a release (no idea why he wouldn't before). He is 11 now, way more accurate, and his draw length increased 2 inches this year. I am going to let him try for turkey next Spring qith me, and then deer next Fall. He is starting to get some real muscle to ley him pull more weight.

How old is he? My boy finally agreed to try a release (no idea why he wouldn't before). He is 11 now, way more accurate, and his draw length increased 2 inches this year. I am going to let him try for turkey next Spring qith me, and then deer next Fall. He is starting to get some real muscle to ley him pull more weight.

He's 11. He cant practice enough with it cranked up. Needs to eat his wheaties

He's 11. He cant practice enough with it cranked up. Needs to eat his wheaties
He will turn a corner soon. About 6 weeks ago my boys voice dropped and now he eats way more, and sleeps a ton

I am a bowhunter. I do not hunt with a rifle during these nine days. If fact, I sit with my orange on this time of year with a longbow in hand. Maybe I should call all you guys that shoot wheels lame. I won't. But, what I do find lame is any hunter that looks down upon people that are out enjoying the Nebraska outdoors hunting with a weapon that they enjoy to hunt with.

Reactions: Lars72
I am a bowhunter. I do not hunt with a rifle during these nine days. If fact, I sit with my orange on this time of year with a longbow in hand. Maybe I should call all you guys that shoot wheels lame. I won't. But, what I do find lame is any hunter that looks down upon people that are out enjoying the Nebraska outdoors hunting with a weapon that they enjoy to hunt with.
I usually carry a rifle with my nephews and son. I just prefer bow. I like the solo aspect and patience it takes. Plus I really hate sitting in a blind with my son while idiots drive in on property that is not theirs.

Thank you .... I don't hunt, never will,and my kid mostly bow hunts but to each his own

I love to fly fish, mostly for trout, and mostly in mountain streams. I would never want to intentionally kill another animal, but I respect those that do. Hunters and fishermen are some of nature's best stewards, and many will express a reluctance to take a life because they share a special kinship with the animal. If I maim a fish, I deeply regret it. And if I maim it bad enough, I will reluctantly harvest it as quickly and painlessly as possible. I never take killing lightly.

Last year I was something like 98.7% vegetarian. I eat meat on my birthday and some other occasions, e.g., during the Korean BBQs my wife's work hosts once a year. The reason why I don't eat much meat is the same reason the hunters in this thread have expressed revulsion at the picture of all those deer. Life is sacred - not just human life, all life. We do deprive a life of its value by killing it, yes, but it's not always unjustified to do so. It is not unjustified for us to kill the deer just as it's not unjustified for the lion to kill the antelope. What is unjustified is gratuitous killing, as above. It's wrong not because the deer was robbed of its life and value - it's wrong because it was never seen as being something of value to begin with. (For those who care, that is why I refrain from eating meat as a general principle, our present-day harvesting practices, so-called "factory farming," does not respect the sanctity of life either.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT