ADVERTISEMENT

Shout outs - Young and Weber

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Dedrick Young, enrolled early, worked his butt off in spring and fall, and starts for Nebraska as a true frosh.
Played seven games. Fifth on team with 37 tackles, 2 tackles for loss and 3 pass breakups.

Chris Weber, walked on and played scout team. Worked his butt off in spring and fall. Played 5 games and is an astonishing third in tackles at 42. Five tackles for loss, one pass breakup, two QB hurries and a fumble recovery.

I think sometimes at times like this, we forget to give some credit where it is due.

Been real impressed with Weber and how he has played. Def a nice surprise.

Chris Weber still isn't all the way back from a neck/shoulder stinger. When he does return, what does Nebraska do at the middle linebacker spot where Josh Banderas is currently starting?

"Josh is the starter right now and Chris is his backup as it was, because you don't lose your job from injury," Banker said. "But at the same time, we know that Chris is fully capable of coming in and giving us some good minutes."

Weber was much, much better than Bando when he was in the lineup.

Young does some things well - especially tackling, finding the ball, etc. Glad we have him. I wonder if he can beef up enough to move to Mike LB - might be the best fit for his skills long term.

Thought I saw some real pass coverage skills out of Newby as well. What's his status.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT