ADVERTISEMENT

Should we feel good about this win?

dude its not a coincidence that you guys are the only fan base in America who thinks the refs made the right call. If it was the other way around you guys who throw a fit. A wins a win but you should be able to look at this from everyone else's perspective. I even said earlier on this thread that I am glad you guys won. But the call was BS. I would be an angry poster too if my team was 4-6

And yet guys that officiate at the college level watch the game and say the call is correct? Oh and they are far from being fans of Nebraska. But believe what you want it`s all good.

dude its not a coincidence that you guys are the only fan base in America who thinks the refs made the right call. If it was the other way around you guys who throw a fit. A wins a win but you should be able to look at this from everyone else's perspective. I even said earlier on this thread that I am glad you guys won. But the call was BS. I would be an angry poster too if my team was 4-6
So you are an angry poster almost every season?

Reactions: 94husker
If the call was the other way against us, sure we'd probably be angry. But do you think everyone knows the proper rule or rules? I sure don't, and upon reading the rule, I think it appears the officials got it right. So just because we're the only fan base that thinks the officials got the call right doesn't make us wrong. In retrospect, it looks like they actually got it right. Contact was made. End of discussion.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Sounds like a dumb question, but really, look at the performance of our defense. I do think Mike Riley can do some good things with our offense. I think he's much in the same mold as Dr. Tom in that he has a creative offensive mind. So I don't worry about where our offense is going. In fact, in almost all our games, the offense hasn't really been the issue. But our defense? Man, it is still bad and cause for concern. Despite the win, MSU, and just about every team we've played, has dictated everything offensively. MSU didn't even punt in the second half until the drive before they gave us the ball the last time. That near ten-minute drive is really concerning me.

So we get a nice win, but you still have to worry about our defense. Even in a win, you still think changes need to be made on that side of the ball. Our guys just seemed confused. Our secondary seems lost and we can't get a pass rush to save our lives. And we have the guys to do it. So despite the nice win, there are concerns. I think Riley is fine. It's his defensive coaches that need some explaining.

Yes, why would one not be happy to see your team win at home?

The Nebraska team is transitioning from the Seven Year Itch with Bo Pelini to the Mike Riley era. Riley is a good coach. Will he bring consistent 4 loss or fewer seasons consistently? We shall see.

4-6 and #5 in the Big Ten is disappointing, but Minnesota and Purdue are at #6 and #7.

Iowa vs. Nebraska - to be determined
Wisconsin, Northwestern and Illinois 0-3
Minnesota and Purdue 1-1

Beat Michigan State and road trip to Rutgers 1-0

The Big Ten East vs. West ... we shall see, if the West can make a good showing. Last year, Wisconsin didn't in the Big Ten title game. Ohio State was clearly on a mission and was a very good team.

Mike Riley needs time for the transition. We shall see if the Blackshirts can emerge, but ultimately, a quarterback will need to be recruited or developed. Not sure Tommy Armstrong is the right guy long-term, but then again, the ball can bounce a little better, he may have had a better junior year.

peace

Sounds like a dumb question, but really, look at the performance of our defense. I do think Mike Riley can do some good things with our offense. I think he's much in the same mold as Dr. Tom in that he has a creative offensive mind. So I don't worry about where our offense is going. In fact, in almost all our games, the offense hasn't really been the issue. But our defense? Man, it is still bad and cause for concern. Despite the win, MSU, and just about every team we've played, has dictated everything offensively. MSU didn't even punt in the second half until the drive before they gave us the ball the last time. That near ten-minute drive is really concerning me.

So we get a nice win, but you still have to worry about our defense. Even in a win, you still think changes need to be made on that side of the ball. Our guys just seemed confused. Our secondary seems lost and we can't get a pass rush to save our lives. And we have the guys to do it. So despite the nice win, there are concerns. I think Riley is fine. It's his defensive coaches that need some explaining.
of course you enjoy the win and then just support the coaches in their efforts to recruit stud d ends and db's

since when does a penalty equal a TD? im lost with your logic...
True, I'm making an assumption the receiver will catch the ball... Therefore, since the ball was well thrown and the receiver had a play on the ball with one hand, I assumed he would catch it with both hands. Maybe not, but I think he would have.

Good enough for you?

The real concern, I think, is that if Nebraska loses we continue to spiral out of control. You just don't want to see us gain any momentum for when we play after thanksgiving.

Watched the game with several officials. They all said before the review it was a TD that would stand. I guess you know more than guys that do this for a living?

Oh no you di-ent!!!!! You did not just debunk
Eeyore_3.jpg

Reactions: leodisflowers
Perhaps asking if we should feel good about the win was a poor phrase. Of course the win feels good. But I probably should have asked if anyone still feels good about the showing and progress of the defense. Even with the win, I still think the defense is laboring. Our defensive backfield still looks confused and there is still essentially no pass rush. I just think this far into the season we should be showing better improvement, and I just don't see it. The ten minute drive and the fact that MSU only had one punt in the second half, which they pretty much laid down and gave us, is still a concern, I think.
Jump!!!

Yesterday was my annual trip to Lincoln game. After the game the joy of our fans mixed with a kind of feeling of relief (like maybe better days ahead?) was remarkable.

I actually think despite C2 passing for 348 our DBs deserve a shout out. I mean, Cook would drop back and I could have gone and gotten a Runza and Pepsi and by the time I got back to my seat he would still be back looking for his receiver. We are in desperate need of a pass rush. Doing pretty decent when an NFL-bound QB who has that much time was a damn good job on the DB's part.

Dood, you're a moron. I've seen half the commentators on TV say it was correct, and half say it wasn't. What a surprise.

You're just starting to get nervous about that game after Thanksgiving, and you're agitated with us gaining confidence from this win. Especially with us having a bye week to get healthy before we play Iowa.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I feel better about the D due to the adjustments being made by the staff. We saw more cover 2 last night and some 3 man zone coverage. These coaches would prefer to run their quarters D but realize we are getting enough pressure upfront and don't have elite lockdown corners. Just because you don't have the ingredients you want doesn't mean you can't still cook supper.

flappy-monkey-picard-facepalm.gif

Coming from someone questioning if it's good to be happy beating a top 10 team, speak for yourself.
No friggin crap. What a loon. I hope he has something in his life he allows himself to enjoy, for his family's sake.

Coming from someone questioning if it's good to be happy beating a top 10 team, speak for yourself.
If Nebraska doesn't pull this game out in the final minute, people are complaining about the same thing I am. Guarantee it. Not trying to piss on anyone's parade. But you're kidding yourself if the lack of stops from this defense doesn't bother you. I get it. Enjoy the win. But I think I'm also being a realist. Rutgers has a very good WR. It'll be interesting to see how well he does.

No friggin crap. What a loon. I hope he has something in his life he allows himself to enjoy, for his family's sake.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Didn't realize you were so sensitive. Seriously. You're the most condescending person on this board. 'Bout time someone told you that. I posted what I feel is a legitimate concern. But leave it to you to take it to another level.

Reactions: scarletred
Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Didn't realize you were so sensitive. Seriously. You're the most condescending person on this board. 'Bout time someone told you that. I posted what I feel is a legitimate concern. But leave it to you to take it to another level.
You ok? We need to send help?

If Nebraska doesn't pull this game out in the final minute, people are complaining about the same thing I am. Guarantee it. Not trying to piss on anyone's parade. But you're kidding yourself if the lack of stops from this defense doesn't bother you. I get it. Enjoy the win. But I think I'm also being a realist. Rutgers has a very good WR. It'll be interesting to see how well he does.
And yet you come back, time and time again, to mention obvious concerns about the team. There really isn't any point. Your OP was not good, you got roasted for it, now move on.

My word. Hogeye fans are so obsessed with NU it's sad. Half of their fanbase will off themselves if they lose to NU for the 4th time in the last 5 years.

Reactions: frankluv
Sorry BetterRed. I don't see how you can NOT be happy about the win. If you are convinced that Riley is a loser and you feel that the win just prolongs the agony then I don't know what to tell you. I say he deserves more time to get the current guys on board while we wait for the cavalry (new recruits). I was expecting a loss, both before and up near the end of the game. I'm so elated that it's definitely upped my mood today. I loved watching Cook just toy with our defense in the 4th. And yet we won!

Eff yeah, dude.

oh-yeah_01_zpscg4fud5z.jpg

And yet guys that officiate at the college level watch the game and say the call is correct? Oh and they are far from being fans of Nebraska. But believe what you want it`s all good.
Whats their reasoning?

Did you not see Tommy will that ball in to the end zone? The man put his head down and barreled in for the score! I was so disappointed after he threw that pick, but that determination to not give up was amazing to watch. *romps around home to chants of GO BIG RED!*

Reactions: grayhairedfreak

YES!!! Under Bo this would have been one of your 3 blow out losses to legit teams.

To answer a rather silly question, of course we should feel good about a win against an undefeated, ranked team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT