ADVERTISEMENT

Second half game thread ***

awfulness. another loss to an inferior team. that's four of em if you're counting.

Nail in the coffin of Husker football. It took 18 years of crappy football, but we are going to finally see the fans diminish. They didn't decrease the number of seats in the stadium for nothing.

While I am not thrilled with this staff either guys our problems run much much deeper.

Riley is the worst HC in the history of Nebraska football. This team is the worst team in the history of Nebraska football. Tommy is the worst QB in the history of Nebraska football. I guess we'll have to pray for 5 win seasons until Riley and his band of terrible coaches move on.

Reactions: HuskAir
When, during this entire fking game, have you seen us run the ball effectively?
We didn't even try to run it. 2 jano runs and only 1 jet sweep.

Two yard runs turn into 10 yard runs when you keep pound. Our run plan was embarrassing. No creativity. No adaption to what was being given.

Great example is late in the game tommy ran a lead run left, no motion no fake, no counter step, just run left. We had numbers on that to the short side and didn't take it until it was too late. You have to stick with the run. Have to.

And when I say pray for 5 win seasons, I say that because that is Riley's ceiling, not because I want us to only win 5 games.

Mike Riley is a hell of a nice guy, though. He won't cuss at the news conference. So we can all be grateful for that.

Meanwhile, the football team continues to be poorly coached and look generally clueless.

We got beat by Bo level talent on the Northwestern side of the field. Let that sink in.

This has nothing to do with Bo. Bo sucked. Doesn't mean Riley is great. He sucked at Oregon State and he sucks here.

And as I said this runs way deeper than the staff. Not sure why so many choose to ignore it.

you're high if you think any of Wisconsin, NW, Illinois, or BYU has better players than we do. No, this is bad coaching.

FWIW the only people raving about our talent are guys on our message boards other than Collins.

FWIW the only people raving about our talent are guys on our message boards other than Collins.

So are you saying we just have inferior talent? That players aren't playing hard? The problem lies with the administration (Perlman, Eich)?

And as I said this runs way deeper than the staff. Not sure why so many choose to ignore it.

Do you still think we'd be 3-5 if we had hired a guy like Tom Herman?

I said it when he was hired, Riley's system is not a good fit for the Big Ten. He's been a West Coast guy all his life. And by the time he gets all of "his guys" in here, he'll be retirement age, and we'll have to start all over again with a new coach and new system. I would have much rather taken a chance on a young guy like Herman, or even Narduzzi or Frost.

Do you still think we'd be 3-5 if we had hired a guy like Tom Herman?

I said it when he was hired, Riley's system is not a good fit for the Big Ten. He's been a West Coast guy all his life. And by the time he gets all of "his guys" in here, he'll be retirement age, and we'll have to start all over again with a new coach and new system. I would have much rather taken a chance on a young guy like Herman, or even Narduzzi or Frost.

Herman is a really good coach. We just don`t have the horses right now plain and simple.

Plenty of division 1 talent on this team. A lot of coaching issues (clock management, play selection, strategy, keeping team focused at end of 1st half, etc.)
Agreed coaching????just like Callahan passing 30plus time with Joe Daily. Think about it. Run the Damn ball.

We have enough horses to have the lead in the 4th quarter 4 times, but not enough horses to win those games? None of the teams that have beaten us have been incredibly talented teams. This staff, going back to Oregon State, has struggled to close out close games.

Bad play on the field is either coached or tolerated. If players are consistently making mistakes, they need to the bench for a while to send a message.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT