ADVERTISEMENT

Season Prediction Refresh

How many games does Nebraska win this year?

• Total voters

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
As we start to get into game week. Show your level of drunk on the Koolaid

Oh Yeah Surprise GIF

I said 9... why?

We will be favored in 9 games and we should win those 9 so

UTEP - W (Favored)
Colorado - W (Favored)
UNI - W (Favored)
Illinois - W (Favored)
@Purdue - W (Favored)
Rutgers - W (Favored)
Indiana - W (Favored)
@OSU - L
UCLA - W (Favored)
@USC - L
Wisconsin - W (Favored)
@Iowa - L (I think we win this, but since we will not be favored I have to mark it as an L)

That is actually 10 wins and we should be able to win those 10. Not Kool Aid, because we should be able to win 9 games. We would of won 11 last year, but QB turnovers killed those games.

I said 9... why?

UTEP - W (Favored)
Colorado - W (Favored)
UNI - W (Favored)
Illinois - W (Favored)
@Purdue - W (Favored)
Rutgers - W (Favored)
Indiana - W (Favored)
@OSU - L
UCLA - W (Favored)
@USC - L
Wisconsin - W (Favored)
@Iowa - L (I think we win this, but since we will not be favored I have to mark it as an L)

That is actually 10 wins and we should be able to win those 10. Not Kool Aid, because we should be able to win 9 games. We would of won 11 last year, but QB turnovers killed those games.

But like 5 of those games are toss-up type games, where we would be a very slight favorite.

I said 9... why?

UTEP - W (Favored)
Colorado - W (Favored)
UNI - W (Favored)
Illinois - W (Favored)
@Purdue - W (Favored)
Rutgers - W (Favored)
Indiana - W (Favored)
@OSU - L
UCLA - W (Favored)
@USC - L
Wisconsin - W (Favored)

Refer to my earlier reference to "batshit crazy." And I say that in a joking way, so no offense intended. I don't care about Vegas odds, there's 5 games on the schedule that I feel really comfortable about chalking up as a W until after I see the first 2 games. After that I might get a little more over my skis. If we have an offense that doesn't turn the ball over and can score in the red zone we're headed for a fun season. If not? We'll be sweating 6 again.

the quick release verified on film has convinced me of some positive results despite an average ol. hope ol is better than i think though not proven. expect defense to be better than last year. special teams worrisome. rhule is all in.

Refer to my earlier reference to "batshit crazy." And I say that in a joking way, so no offense intended. I don't care about Vegas odds, there's 5 games on the schedule that I feel really comfortable about chalking up as a W until after I see the first 2 games. After that I might get a little more over my skis. If we have an offense that doesn't turn the ball over and can score in the red zone we're headed for a fun season. If not? We'll be sweating 6 again.
I honestly think Dylan Raiola will have more TD passes by our first road game than our entire team did all of last year IMO

I went with 10+ wins because I'm feeling optimistic about the team and the schedule. Plus, a bowl game could give us an extra shot at hitting 10 wins if we end the regular season with 9.

I love the additions on offense and what we are bringing back on defense, but it will come down to the close games and if we can finally flip the script there.

I said 9... why?

UTEP - W (Favored)
Colorado - W (Favored)
UNI - W (Favored)
Illinois - W (Favored)
@Purdue - W (Favored)
Rutgers - W (Favored)
Indiana - W (Favored)
@OSU - L
UCLA - W (Favored)
@USC - L
Wisconsin - W (Favored)

I clicked 9 as well for similar reasons... I think they'll win one they shouldn't which will give everyone the "we're back" feels (USC? OSU?) and I just know they'll lose a head scratcher or two just to prove there's still a road to travel

Beat Colorado and might get to 9. I think a lot hinges on that particular game with regards to motivation and momentum. Lose that game at home and doubt creeps in. 5-6 becomes a real possibility.

Reactions: ADV1
I said 9... why?

UTEP - W (Favored)
Colorado - W (Favored)
UNI - W (Favored)
Illinois - W (Favored)
@Purdue - W (Favored)
Rutgers - W (Favored)
Indiana - W (Favored)
@OSU - L
UCLA - W (Favored)
@USC - L
Wisconsin - W (Favored)

Yep that's y I went 9 but could easily get 11 or stub the toe and get 7 which would be huge disappointment

8 wins, inclusive of a potential bowl. While the early schedule is favorable, this program is not in a place for "gimmies", yet. This team still needs to prove it's ability to win close games and some of those early games will be close.

🌽

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think 6. Mainly because I expect DR to get injured and we have nobody on the roster behind him that can get us beyond 6 wins.
I too picked 6 wins. Every year the Kool aid and hype outweigh reality. I know I said I wouldn't be negative but we've all been burned so many times. I will go with believe it when I see it.

I hovered over 9 (what, am I batshit crazy?), paused for a second on 8 (still seems like setting myself up for a kick to the balls) and clicked 7.
I hovered at 10+ (pshh... yeah, right), rolled the dice (and said WTF) and said I want to be optimistic for the first time in 7 years and clicked 9.

IMO we SHOULD be 10-2 with this schedule.

My Michigan buddy says the key to college today is a strong defense with outstanding QB play. I tend to agree. (He actually thinks NU is a dark horse to make the playoff) The pieces are in place, but as much hype as DR has he’s still a Freshman and I think we’re still a year away. So I’m going with 8-4.

I went with 10. Could see anywhere from 7-10. I think DR overachieves and it's his efficiency and lack of int that show up. Def is even better and gets stops on 3rd down and turnovers. Open 2-0 and 10 is very achievable. Get to 8-1 (doable) and 11 will be on the table and we will be relevant in Nov.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT