ADVERTISEMENT

Sears

If Sears starts, OSU only scores 3 when Sears comes out after 7 innings and still beats us.

It seems like a terrible call by Bolt, but at least we’ve got a chance to advance.

Some of those at bats were beyond pathetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
If Sears starts, OSU only scores 3 when Bolt comes out after 7 innings and still beats us.

It seems like a terrible call by Bolt, but at least we’ve got a chance to advance.

Some of those at bats were beyond pathetic.
I admit I don't know a ton about baseball, but yes our batting was garbage of what I watched. The Ohio St pitcher that good? Because he made us look like a bunch of fools hacking away.

Reactions: timnsun
I admit I don't know a ton about baseball, but yes our batting was garbage of what I watched. The Ohio St pitcher that good? Because he made us look like a bunch of fools hacking away.
Our bats did pretty well against him from what I remember. I will say it’s hard to stay focused when your pitching is giving up 8 spots in an inning

Disappointing

Have to get right before the tourney, whether that’s a run in the loser’s bracket or Bolt and staff finding something during a long layoff

Sears threw a bunch of pitches in his last outing. He pitched on short rest in that game and would have been going on short rest again yesterday. Going on short rest 2 starts in a row is not a recipe for success.
Having heard Bolt's explanation I agree that it makes sense. Even the OSU coach acknowledged that we're a lock for the tourney so he assumed Sears wouldn't pitch. It's just super disappointing to see the team come out that flat and lay down yet again.

Sears threw a bunch of pitches in his last outing. He pitched on short rest in that game and would have been going on short rest again yesterday. Going on short rest 2 starts in a row is not a recipe for success.
Yeah I don't mind that Sears didn't start last night. But I did think Brockett was an odd choice, even with his Sunday outing being short.

I would give Sears one start in this tournament, as close as possible to full rest, and not try to push him deep into the game. After that, shelve him until the regional.

Lowes carries em
About 25 years ago, I thought Sears should have started selling their popular, trusted brands like Craftsman, Die-Hard and Kenmore at stores where people actually shop: Lowe's, Home Depot, Best Buy, Auto Zone, etc.

Today that's happening, but Sears doesn't reap the benefits because the brands were spun off to generate cash for the dying dinosaur parent company.

Last edited:
Tell me again why he didn't pitch tonight?
Always a tough decision.... even 40 years ago when I played. My thought....you should never need your ace as a 2 seed to beat a 7 seed. Of course you run the chance of losing like we did. On the other hand....start your ace in game 1 and you can use him in more games. It is not an easy decision if you are not deep in pitching and there is a big difference in arm talent from 1 to 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT