ADVERTISEMENT

SD State

I think I would take their offensive line over ours right now. All are over 300 pounds, physical and athletic.
Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what I'm watching this year. NDSU is supposed to be the trend setter for physicality but I watched UND absolutely manhandle them.

Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what I'm watching this year. NDSU is supposed to be the trend setter for physicality but I watched UND absolutely manhandle them.
SDSU’s QB supposedly is entering the portal after the championship game. He would be a great fit at Nebraska.

i think they only have 65 schollies allowed so depth up and down the line and a long season would take its toll. might be off on this.
Point made. It's 63 scholarships in FCS.

So when schools make that jump from FCS to FBS, they're banking that TV deals and bowl trips will outweigh the cost of having to add 22 men's scholarships and probably another 22 women's scholarships to the spreadsheet. With the increased payout starting with next year's 12-team playoff, that's not a bad gamble (11 meaningful postseason games versus 3 — or 7 if you consider the current New Year's Six bowl meaningful, even if the players themselves often don't).

Savannah State makes that bet in 2024, with Delaware joining the FBS roster in 2025.

Reactions: huntered
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT