ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost blasts SEC for not playing 9 conference games

Lookin g forward to seeing what Scot does in frost land. So who gives a xxx what he thinks about how a conference schedules their games. I do not recall that he coaches a team that is a member of this conference. Now, that he has accepted the HC job at Nebraska he will never coach in the SEC. I mean as a HC. Sorry but that is a fact.

Lookin g forward to seeing what Scot does in frost land. So who gives a xxx what he thinks about how a conference schedules their games. I do not recall that he coaches a team that is a member of this conference. Now, that he has accepted the HC job at Nebraska he will never coach in the SEC. I mean as a HC. Sorry but that is a fact.
I'm sure he's just fine with never coaching in the SEC too. It may surprise you that it's not every coach's goal to coach in the SEC.

My comment was too harsh. I talked to a Nebraska fan the year my Gamecocks played Nebraska in the Capital One bowl. I said to him that I understood the reason why Nebraska joined the Big Ten but it going to be real hard recruiting players to go to Nebraska to play football in the cold around the Great Lakes. I have follows Nebraska closely since then. I have not seen anything that would change my opinion. There is always new enthusiasm when a new coach is hired. Frost certainly has done a good job in the AAC conference recruiting players close to UCF. I will be follows his success at Nebraska. Good luck!

My comment was too harsh. I talked to a Nebraska fan the year my Gamecocks played Nebraska in the Capital One bowl. I said to him that I understood the reason why Nebraska joined the Big Ten but it going to be real hard recruiting players to go to Nebraska to play football in the cold around the Great Lakes. I have follows Nebraska closely since then. I have not seen anything that would change my opinion. There is always new enthusiasm when a new coach is hired. Frost certainly has done a good job in the AAC conference recruiting players close to UCF. I will be follows his success at Nebraska. Good luck!

Ahhh Nebraska is around the Great Lakes.o_O
Carry on.

Dumb As f

I agree with Frost 100%, but as I heard on a pod cast that was posted here about a month ago, the reality is, the Big Ten and PAC 12 went to 9 conference games by choice. The NCAA has not mandated it. The ACC and SEC chose to stay at 8 games. There is no rule calling for 9 conference games. Personally I think the P5 should just break off and say they’re all going to 9 conference games and the non-con games must be played against other P5 schools. But until the NCAA says every conference has to go to 9 conference games, it is what it is and the SEC and ACC will always have an easier road to the Playoffs because of it.

So tired of this. For the last time: the weather in the Midwest is BETTER than the weather in the South for most of the football season. November? Not so much. I covered Miami and Florida for several years, and the playing and practice conditions were god awful until about November 10, and that includes the rest of the South.

No offense but the Big Ten is better than the SEC top to bottom. And with the coaches that have been hired in the Big Ten, you may want to pump the breaks on your SEC love fest. And if you crunch the numbers our recruiting is pretty much the same in the Big Ten as it was in the Big 12. If there’s one good thing that Mike Riley did, is he bumped recruiting in Nebraska and in essence made Nebraska “popular” with some highly ranked recruits. If Frost can capitalize on that, you may be back here eating crow in the next 4-5 years.

9and 4 you should be on the cheer squad greeting recruits to Nebraska. You can explain to those what great weather they will be playing in. You can do it! So if the weather is not the problem recruiting what is the problem? I am asking a serious question so please a serious answer. No fruckmor dumb axe words please.

Reactions: 9and4
Playing thru the Big Ten is tough? Since when?

This is a bullshit arrogant post. We came from the the Big 12, off of a CCG appearance and thought we would run the conference because we believed the Big Ten was weak. Top to bottom it’s as good or better than the SEC. I’d love to see the Big Ten go toe to toe with the SEC. you’d be surprised. So come join us, and find out just how tough it is.

And Frost was talking about SEC plays 8 conference games including a patsy in November and the Pac 12 and B1G play 9 conference games if you count the CCG that is 10 and Bama Gump only played 8 conference games... Didn't win their division.

Consider this: USC Gamecocks is a very average team in the southeast. Their last 7 games against the Big Ten resulted in a 6-1 record. Beat OSU twice, Michigan twice, Nebraska once , Wisconsin once and lost to Iowa. I am talking about a very average team that is 6-1 against those mighty Big Ten teams. I am not trying to hurt your feeling but really. Top to bottom better? Really

9and 4 you should be on the cheer squad greeting recruits to Nebraska. You can explain to those what great weather they will be playing in. You can do it! So if the weather is not the problem recruiting what is the problem? I am asking a serious question so please a serious answer. No fruckmor dumb axe words please.
Not sure what fruckmor dumb axe means, though. Is that the Pensacola education system on display?
I'll give you some data to chew on.

Average high temp in Lincoln in September = 79.
Average high temp in Lincoln in October = 66.
Average high temp in Columbia, S.C. in September = 85.
Average high temp in Columbia, S.C. in October = 76.

Frost gave his opinion on scheduling and league play, to say he "blasted" someone is a bit of a reach. But if it sounds better to use hyperbole. then go for it.

The problem was we had a moron lawyer for an AD that made a bonehead hire.. Enough said.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I will be following the success of Frost. I have followed Nebraska for some time. As I said previously good luck! I am very serious 9and 4 you need to get on that cheer squad. Pleas take that as a positive comment not a put down. Good night?

Reactions: 9and4

Since 2010 SC has finished ahead of NU in the Rivals rankings 5 times. NU has finished ahead of SC 3 times. The 2013 class you guys finished #16 we finished #17. 2014 class was a transition class for us. The reality is, your recruiting while better than NU, is only nominally better. And what have you done with those superior recruiting results? You haven’t done crap since Spurrier left. So we’re in similar boats. So go ahead, keep thumping your chest.

Frost gave his opinion on scheduling and league play, to say he "blasted" someone is a bit of a reach. But if it sounds better to use hyperbole. then go for it.

I am signing off but I am curious who used the word " blasted"?

Is Frost suppose to come back during the game or post game on ESPN or did Espn decided not to bring him back on?

Not sure what fruckmor dumb axe means, though. Is that the Pensacola education system on display?
I'll give you some data to chew on.

Average high temp in Lincoln in September = 79.
Average high temp in Lincoln in October = 66.
Average high temp in Columbia, S.C. in September = 85.
Average high temp in Columbia, S.C. in October = 76.

Can I destroy this guy yet or do I get banned for his complete and utter anti-FL style posts?

Let me know...

GBR

Reactions: nwflcock

I'd rather play in cold weather than have to live in Columbia.

Gorilla walks into a bar and orders a beer. Bartender says, "That's nine bucks, please." The gorilla pays up and the bartender says,"You know, we don't get too many gorillas in here." The gorilla says, "Atthese prices, what do you expect?"

Reactions: SC_'sker
A man walks into a bar with a frog on his shoulder.
Bartender asks, " where did you get that?
The frog says, " it started out as a wart on my ass."

Reactions: Sinomatic
A hotdog and hamburger walk into a bar and the bartender says, "HEY! You two need to leave! We don't serve food here!"

Man walks into the bar with a bag and tells the bartender that he’ll show him what’s in the bag for a beer. Being a slow day the bartender says ok. The man pulls a tiny man out of the bag with a tiny piano and the little guy starts playing beautiful music. The bartender asks where he found the little man and the guy pulls a genie bottle out of the bag. The bartender asks if he can hold the bottle and he rubs it. A genie pops out. The man told the bartender he could have 1 wish but to be careful. The bartender makes his wish and there’s suddenly ducks everywhere. The bartender yells at the man and says he wanted a million bucks not ducks. The man said”I told you to be careful. Do you really think I wanted a 12 inch pianist?

A little boy was sitting on a wall shaking a bottle of liquid and watching stage bubbles rise to the top, as a preacher past by , he stop an ask the little boy what he was doing. The little boy responded, this here is the most powerful liquid in the word. The preacher then said, no my son , holly water is, you put a few drops on a women belly, and she will pass baby. The little boy looked and then said, BS turpentine is, you rub some of it on a cat ass, and he pass a motorcycle.,

A Grasshopper walks into a bar and the bartender says " hey we have a drink named after you" and the Grasshopper says. " Wow,you have a drink named Marty "

14 posts ago you said you were signing off... perhaps you should pour a night cap, and do so...

Gorilla walks into a bar and orders a beer. Bartender says, "That's nine bucks, please." The gorilla pays up and the bartender says,"You know, we don't get too many gorillas in here." The gorilla says, "Atthese prices, what do you expect?"

0-1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT