ADVERTISEMENT

Scholarship Count

cruelhalo

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 27, 2003
Three more Nebraska guys hit the portal today. That brings the total number of scholarships to 67. I am aware of at least 2 or 3 more that will be in the portal by the weekend. So, it wouldn't surprise me to see the roster in the mid 50s after spring.

IMO this is a great opportunity to start fresh. But how much is too much? If Nebraska has 55 guys that means there are 30 scholarships available - that's a tall task for any coach. Thoughts?

Reactions: headcard
Three more Nebraska guys hit the portal today. That brings the total number of scholarships to 67. I am aware of at least 2 or 3 more that will be in the portal by the weekend. So, it wouldn't surprise me to see the roster in the mid 50s after spring.

IMO this is a great opportunity to start fresh. But how much is too much? If Nebraska has 55 guys that means there are 30 scholarships available - that's a tall task for any coach. Thoughts?

If there are 30 scholarships available. That would mean about 20 HS recruits and 1o transfer portal guys. That doesn't seem like too much.

If there are 30 scholarships available. That would mean about 20 HS recruits and 1o transfer portal guys. That doesn't seem like too much.
It would seem that conventional wisdom would say that having older experienced players would give us an advantage than young guys out of high school. Didn't Michigan State last year and Illinois this year do real well with transfer guys?

The main problem has been some of our better young talent has been hitting the portal. We need to stop the bleeding there. Recruiting our own roster has become as important as bringing in outside guys.

I read your subject line without the o in the 2nd word. Thought it was pretty harsh at first.

• Haha
Reactions: cruelhalo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT