ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule the Big 8

Not many programs are rushing out to schedule 11 P5 teams including Nebraska.

The B1G going to the 9th conference game took the place of scheduling a 2nd P5 team in the nonconference.

Iowa's scheduling philosophy before the 9th game was Puff, Iowa State, P5 school (Pitt, Nebraska, Syracuse, Arizona, Arizona State) and MAC.
Oh man, we can have (and have had) multi-page threads on 9-game conference schedules.

Iowa is in a tough place for scheduling OOC games. The general MO for most Big Ten teams is home puff, home/away P5, home MAC, with the P5 away game being the year the team plays 5 home conference games. I don't think many have any issue with this scheduling approach. The problem for Iowa is the optics of playing Iowa State every season as that P5 school and not seen as taking a "risk" in scheduling (nor getting outside a small footprint. It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for Iowa because how do you stop playing Iowa State each season and not look like you're running scared to a degree (not saying that would be reality, just the potential perception)?

Most other schools that play an in-state rival every season are in the same conference as the rival (KU/KSU, OU/OSU, Bama/Aub, Mich/Mich St, Miss/MSU, 5 pairs within the Pac-12, etc) or in conferences that play only 8 conference games (UF/FSU, Clem/SC, UGA/GT, UVA/VT). Iowa/ISU is an outlier in this sense as they are in different conferences that each play 9 conference games.

Much like all of the SEC. They refuse to play anyone of significance on the road in a true road game. The last kind of road game they played was LSU at Wis (Green Bay) and they lost.

Road games for SEC programs the last several years:

Georgia: North Carolina, Notre Dame, GT
Tennessee: Oklahoma, GT
Florida: Florida St
South Carolina: Clemson
Auburn: Clemson, Kansas St
LSU: Wisconsin, Syracuse. TCU
Arkansas: Texas Tech, TCU
Ole Miss: Cal, Florida St. Memphis
Miss St: Kansas St, BYU
Texas AM: UCLA

Why dont you post Iowas OOC road games the last few years...

Reactions: SOHusker11
Last game in Lincoln. All-time scoreboard
What the hell is your point? Nebraska actually won the last time the two played, at your dump.

All-time scoreboard? Nebraska, with a slight edge, leads the series 86-17-2.

Just because you're pissed we took your boy doesn't mean you can act like a moron. You should probably let it go and move along. Fred ain't coming back.

I have lived in Omaha for 26 + years and although I am a proud Hawkeye, I learned to appreciate the Huskers during their dominate days in the 90’s and through the formation of the Big 12. I was glad to see them join the B1G, but I miss the traditional rivalries.

Huskers play @ Colorado this year and have another home and home with them in the near future after another stint with Oklahoma. I think there should be a push by the fan base to try to set up games with the rest of the Big 8 / Big 12.

I think fans from both schools would really enjoy it
I’ll be at the game in Boulder but I’m not looking forward to the experience.

We were treated horribly the last time we went to a NU game there. Our car got keyed & antenna broke as well. We even parked in a private house yard & it still got vandalized.

I hate the Buff fans!

Reactions: SOHusker11
I’ll be at the game in Boulder but I’m not looking forward to the experience.

We were treated horribly the last time we went to a NU game there. Our car got keyed & antenna broke as well. We even parked in a private house yard & it still got vandalized.

I hate the Buff fans!

I’m traveling there as well and staying Thursday-leaving Sunday and walking distance back to the motel...Wish me luck

I’m traveling there as well and staying Thursday-leaving Sunday and walking distance back to the motel...Wish me luck

I have also heard about how bad Colorado fans are to opposing teams fans. Or maybe it’s just to Husker fans. I remember seeing it hearing about cars and trucks with busted out windows and stuff like that happening. I don’t think I ever remember hearing any like this about any other fan bases. It’s more the F-ed up. We show class and treat other fans great (doesn’t matter if we win or lose) and then you got Colorado fans that literally do crap like that.

I have also heard about how bad Colorado fans are to opposing teams fans. Or maybe it’s just to Husker fans. I remember seeing it hearing about cars and trucks with busted out windows and stuff like that happening. I don’t think I ever remember hearing any like this about any other fan bases. It’s more the F-ed up. We show class and treat other fans great (doesn’t matter if we win or lose) and then you got Colorado fans that literally do crap like that.
See my post above.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT