ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Savea update

Bryan Munson

Assistant Head Coach
May 3, 2015
Dallas, TX
And while it's still "only Munson reporting this" I will stand by it.

I just got off of the phone with Rivals four-star DE Tiaoalii Savea from Las Vegas (Nev.) Desert Pines. Recently I reported that Savea changed his mind to announce his decision in January to when he signed in December has changed his mind again. As a reminder, I also reported on Saturday that I wasn't as sure Savea would sign with Nebraska on Wednesday after HE SAID TO ME that it was 50-50 and that both Covid and family were making him reconsider his options.

Tonight Savea told me that he will not be signing tomorrow after all. Additionally, I asked if he had been in touch with Nebraska and he said that he has spoken with coach Tony Tuioti from Nebraska. Savea said that coach Tuioti reiterated how important he was to their recruiting class and team and that they really wanted him. He said that he was definitely still feeling the love from Nebraska and sounded happier talking about Nebraska than he did talking about any of the other questions I had to ask him.

If this changes and he signs anywhere I will be shocked. Still it's VERY clear that Nebraska wants Savea in the class and he definitely seems to like Nebraska. This extra time could really do him some good to get things under control and make a solid decision. He acknowledged that Nebraska said things are hectic this week for them as well since they are playing on Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News