ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, February 24th Nebraska at Grand Canyon (Huskers lose 7-5)

Didn't play very well tonight, multiple defensive mistakes including ones that don't technically go down as errors. Multiple missed opportunities to score. GCU's pitcher was apparently violently screaming at Nebraska players at one point. Sad to see the team capitulate like they did.

Reactions: sklarbodds
Didn't play very well tonight, multiple defensive mistakes including ones that don't technically go down as errors. Multiple missed opportunities to score. GCU's pitcher was apparently violently screaming at Nebraska players at one point. Sad to see the team capitulate like they did.
Yep. Let’s hope for a comeback win tomorrow to take this series against these GCU turds.

I’ve attended all the games and we are by far the better team. We do have to get a handle on the number of strike outs. Hopefully that will come with more playing time. The fans for GSU are let’s say testy. They are used to success and are pissed we are handling them so well. Not sure I like Clarke tomorrow and hopefully Bolt won’t stay with him too long. We most certainly should have won this tonight and gone for a sweep tomorrow … very disappointing. I did like the way we kept battleing back even though we couldn’t get the big hit.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Some days you win, some days you lose, and some days it rains.

I said that to a younger employee last week after Nebraseball blew two games in the 9th and got no reaction. So I gave him a list of recommended baseball movie viewing with Bull Durham at the top of the list. Here's the list I gave him:

Bull Durham (1988)
Major League (1989)
Field of Dreams (1989)
Little Big League (1994)
Everybody Wants Some!! (2016)
Major League II (1994)
Moneyball (2011)
Bad News Bears (1976)
Rookie of the Year (1993)
Angels in the Outfield (1994)

The Natural (1984) is good, too, but more of a character fable than a baseball/culture movie.
For the Love of the Game (1999) is alright as well.
The Scout (1994) has Brendan Fraser as "Steve Nebraska" and is worth it for a few laughs.
The thing about Little Big League is they legit got a bunch of baseball players to participate.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT