ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, April 27th Nebraska vs. Iowa (Huskers win 12-2 in 7 innings)

Update: The continuation of game 2 will begin approximately 3pm and game 3 will be played 45 minutes after the conclusion of game 2.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
3:15 official start as they are finish up getting the water off the field. Also, a run rule is in effect for both games today. Agreed by both coaches and the conference officials of course.

3:15 official start as they are finish up getting the water off the field. Also, a run rule is in effect for both games today. Agreed by both coaches and the conference officials of course.
Does the big 10 have any standardized rules around these situations? It seems like it just depends on the whims of the teams whether games are called complete after 4.5 innings or resumed the next day. And don’t get me started on decisions when to actually play games. This game should have been called complete yesterday, with a focus on getting the 9 inning Sunday game in today.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
Does the big 10 have any standardized rules around these situations? It seems like it just depends on the whims of the teams whether games are called complete after 4.5 innings or resumed the next day. And don’t get me started on decisions when to actually play games. This game should have been called complete yesterday, with a focus on getting the 9 inning Sunday game in today.
It's kind of surprising, it sounds like Iowa was very adamant about playing the resumption despite the fact that their bullpen makes Nebraska's look like the 2015 Kansas City Royals. I'd think they'd take the L and try to salvage game 3 with as many pitchers as they could muster, but they used at least one guy just now who had decent numbers (and he still sucked).

They have a run rule on getaway day. The exception made was to allow the delayed game from Saturday the same luxury was all.

It's kind of surprising, it sounds like Iowa was very adamant about playing the resumption despite the fact that their bullpen makes Nebraska's look like the 2015 Kansas City Royals. I'd think they'd take the L and try to salvage game 3 with as many pitchers as they could muster, but they used at least one guy just now who had decent numbers (and he still sucked).
I’m sure their hope was to take advantage of our bullpen and see if they come back. I actually see it the opposite and feel they had nothing to lose by seeing what could happen. They didn’t throw in the best pitchers regardless but you never know in the game of baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT