ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield's Offense is 2-7 vs the B1G

game's over if we do this. 5 plays, 20 yards means we're on the ILL 1 with no time left at the end of the game.

after the failed play action pass, we missed that FG from the 21 yard line with 3 mins left on the clock.

even if DR hits 44 for a score, there's no guarantee we stop ILL from tying it on the ensuing possession with 3 minutes at their disposal given how our defense played all night.

this is what I mean when I say complementary football. is there a guarantee we get 3 yards on 2 rushes to get a first down? no. but it's a much better bet than playing the cards we chose to play. throwing there is a result of our lack of culture and our lack of identity.

whether it works or not, it's bad process.

that's not splitting hairs or a circular argument. establishing an identity is far from pointless. we don't have one.

you clearly don't get it. and you're likely too butthurt to ever come around.

worth noting that on our final drive of regulation, we ran the ball 5 times for exactly 20 yards. yet, we felt the need to throw it 4x, including a mind-boggling trick play.
Your once again misquote of me mid-sentence makes your entire response irrelevant. Try using bigger bolder letters.

PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!! 😭😭😭

Your once again misquote of me mid-sentence makes your entire response irrelevant. Try using bigger bolder letters.

PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!! 😭😭😭
that's not a misquote - you literally typed those words.

the fact you dismiss it as a toss-up or culmination of 50/50 plays further underlines your complete lack of understanding of the fundamental foundations of winning football. re-read that post, you might learn something.

I'm curious - what would you say is this team's identity?

shocker, Rhule agrees:

time will tell if he actually practices what he's preaching & can reel in Satt a bit

I really do think Rhule wants to be physical. I'm just not sure he knows how and/or has the people around him bought in.

Reactions: leodisflowers
You have no other option if the running game isn't working
Without looking, I think we are primarily a middle/right handed running team.
Our strength is up the middle and then to the right side of the formation.

Don't recall that many plays that go to the left of center and many of them are of the wide varietly, i.e. Jacory reverse versus UNI?

If that's the case, and I don't know that it is, it makes the defenses job of run defense a lot easier.

You have no other option if the running game isn't working
the running game was working fine

we just abandoned it

we played like we were down multiple scores even though we had the lead or were tied for the majority of the game

Reactions: Bruce1981
the running game was working fine

we just abandoned it

we played like we were down multiple scores even though we had the lead or were tied for the majority of the game
I’d hoped Rhule would have learned in his first year in the BIG that’s it’s a different animal than the BIG XII. You’re not going to get 80 snaps a game to play basketball on turf. Hell even a guy like PJ Fleck has figured it out.

I’d hoped Rhule would have learned in his first year in the BIG that’s it’s a different animal than the BIG XII. You’re not going to get 80 snaps a game to play basketball on turf. Hell even a guy like PJ Fleck has figured it out.
Before this season he has always ran it 60% of the time plus. When they went 11-2 he was at 64%

But he is a car salesman. Like most coaches today.

that's not a misquote - you literally typed those words.

the fact you dismiss it as a toss-up or culmination of 50/50 plays further underlines your complete lack of understanding of the fundamental foundations of winning football. re-read that post, you might learn something.

I'm curious - what would you say is this team's identity?
Our team identity is extremely balanced. Here’s what you keep avoiding: Why did you put money on finesse Washington to win the national title last year over Michigan? Why would you waste your hard-earned janitor money betting on “non-winning” football? The more you flabber on in this thread the less sense it makes. Why does #2 Texas pass it more than us? How did they beat the piss out of “power” Michigan? How many more pointless questions are you going to ask me?

The answers of course are so nuanced that we could sit here and jabber for years about what offense is “the best” when even you apparently know it comes down to the players you have and who your opponent is. We’re balanced, we’re not pass-happy as you claim. The numbers prove it.

It’s not 1947 so I hate to break it to you, we’re going to pass the ball more than we did with HH, the offense will continue to be balanced on average, put up MORE points with LESS turnovers than he did and we’re going to win more games, so you’ll just have to get over it or go be an Air Force fan. Maybe you could even attend their games sometimes.

@timnsun has it right when he refuses to participate in this nonsense. Half the shit you say is contradicted by any of your other 18,000+ posts (seriously, are you a cashier at Boost Mobile or something?? Clearly your only responsibility on this earth is arguing with people on this board) so it really is pointless to even read any of it. A common problem with people who talk too much. They can’t keep it all straight and they tend to think less vs. talking more.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Our team identity is extremely balanced. Here’s what you keep avoiding: Why did you put money on finesse Washington to win the national title last year over Michigan? Why would you waste your hard-earned janitor money betting on “non-winning” football? The more you flabber on in this thread the less sense it makes. Why does #2 Texas pass it more than us? How did they beat the piss out of “power” Michigan? How many more pointless questions are you going to ask me?

The answers of course are so nuanced that we could sit here and jabber for years about what offense is “the best” when even you apparently know it comes down to the players you have and who your opponent is. We’re balanced, we’re not pass-happy as you claim. The numbers prove it.

It’s not 1947 so I hate to break it to you, we’re going to pass the ball more than we did with HH, the offense will continue to be balanced on average, put up MORE points with LESS turnovers than he did and we’re going to win more games, so you’ll just have to get over it or go be an Air Force fan. Maybe you could even attend their games sometimes.

@timnsun has it right when he refuses to participate in this nonsense. Half the shit you say is contradicted by any of your other 18,000+ posts (seriously, are you a cashier at Boost Mobile or something?? Clearly your only responsibility on this earth is arguing with people on this board) so it really is pointless to even read any of it. A common problem with people who talk too much. They can’t keep it all straight and they tend to think less vs. talking more.
tl:dr

giphy.gif

Prior to the year 2000, 70% of all offensive plays were between the tackles.
Since that time, 70% of offensive plays are outside the tackles.

we've been pass happy in 6 B1G games

we've lost all of them

only 1 constant - the play caller
Not having Mazzucha at guard is really hurting the run game! Has Brix played any this year? Hopefully this weekend against Purdouche the offense can get back to running the ball, a few more screens and laterals and utilize HH and Nelson a bit more!

only 5 of the top 25 teams throw the ball more than we do (Miami, LSU, USC, BYU, Okla St)

only 1 of the top 10 (Miami)

probably happenstance

Last edited:
Not having Mazzucha at guard is really hurting the run game! Has Brix played any this year? Hopefully this weekend against Purdouche the offense can get back to running the ball, a few more screens and laterals and utilize HH and Nelson a bit more!
I agree about committing to the run against purdue, which rank nearly dead last in the country in defending the run.

however, I think we need to leave HH to his backup QB duties. we have 4 backs who are capable of carrying the load.

game's over if we do this. 5 plays, 20 yards means we're on the ILL 1 with no time left at the end of the game.

after the failed play action pass, we missed that FG from the 21 yard line with 3 mins left on the clock.

even if DR hits 44 for a score, there's no guarantee we stop ILL from tying it on the ensuing possession with 3 minutes at their disposal given how our defense played all night.

this is what I mean when I say complementary football. is there a guarantee we get 3 yards on 2 rushes to get a first down? no. but it's a much better bet than playing the cards we chose to play. throwing there is a result of our lack of culture and our lack of identity.

whether it works or not, it's bad process.

that's not splitting hairs or a circular argument. establishing an identity is far from pointless. we don't have one.

you clearly don't get it. and you're likely too butthurt to ever come around.

worth noting that on our final drive of regulation, we ran the ball 5 times for exactly 20 yards. yet, we felt the need to throw it 4x, including a mind-boggling trick play.
If our defense didn't spend the game making a "shitty Illinois QB" look like a Heisman hopeful, then all this offense BS would be irrelevant. We weren't running the ball worth a crap and the offensive line wasn't protecting the pass along with receivers not getting open. Saying we averaged 4 yards a carry is a bit much when Neyor had one single run for 13yards. DD and RJ on their own averaged 3.7 yards a carry. If you throw in DR's seven carries for -52 yards we only averaged 1.56 yards on 32 carries. Passing we averaged 12.38 yards on 24 receptions. When it's all said and done, we totaled 48 rushing yards to their 166.

• Wow
Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
If our defense didn't spend the game making a "shitty Illinois QB" look like a Heisman hopeful, then all this offense BS would be irrelevant. We weren't running the ball worth a crap and the offensive line wasn't protecting the pass along with receivers not getting open. Saying we averaged 4 yards a carry is a bit much when Neyor had one single run for 13yards. DD and RJ on their own averaged 3.7 yards a carry. If you throw in DR's seven carries for -52 yards we only averaged 1.56 yards on 32 carries. Passing we averaged 12.38 yards on 24 receptions. When it's all said and done, we totaled 48 rushing yards to their 166.
Pretty sure the -52 yards do count in the final rushing numbers, don’t they? Not in pros, but in college they are subtracted from the rushing yards…

Unless I’m wrong, which could be true as well.

Reactions: king_kong_
we've been pass happy in 6 B1G games

we've lost all of them

only 1 constant - the play caller
Dowdell had 20 carries at 3.8 ypc....we couldn't run the ball. EJ needed some touches IMO and I don't care if Mazzccua got in a coach's face he needs to play.

Dowdell had 20 carries at 3.8 ypc....we couldn't run the ball. EJ needed some touches IMO and I don't care if Mazzccua got in a coach's face he needs to play.
Our running backs are average at best in my opinon. I'm not sure that any of them would start for another Big 10 team.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldjar07
The beauty of committing to it is those 1-2 yard gains turn into 3-4 yard gains

And the bigger ones go for scores
Well, before the season started ai said to myself, ill not get all riled up with losses as we are building & losses will happen. But darn, 3rd & 3yrds on the 23 yrd line. I find that its nothing but good getting a 1st on that situation. Run time, then kick for a better spot. Oh, yes, I would have been happy with a a TD. Not so much on a field goal. What Sattersfield, no confidence on th offensive line ? lot of talk on players learning to WIN. How about some coaches?

Before this season he has always ran it 60% of the time plus. When they went 11-2 he was at 64%

But he is a car salesman. Like most coaches today.
The money above all mentality has created these used car salesmen type of coaches.

The money above all mentality has created these used car salesmen type of coaches.
Coach your ass off, win more games than you lose, and in the program, the money will be there.

Just look in the mirror, have a good serious talk with yourself, decide if you are employing 2-3 subpar coaches that happen to be underperforming, and if you want the cash cow to continue, make some changes and hire better coaches.
It's not that hard.

Coach your ass off, win more games than you lose, and in the program, the money will be there.

Just look in the mirror, have a good serious talk with yourself, decide if you are employing 2-3 subpar coaches that happen to be underperforming, and if you want the cash cow to continue, make some changes and hire better coaches.
It's not that hard.
It cuts both ways. The schools are just as greedy, switching conferences and destroying traditions just to make more money in a different conference.

Defense didn’t blitz near enough, too afraid to play man d and line up at line of scrimmage..and Muzzuca missing at guard last two games has hindered our running game.

Yep, keep avoiding your own hypocrisy. Zero answer for it. I expected nothing more.
there's nothing to answer to. you're just wrong, as usual

I didn't bet Washington against Michigan straight up last year, I had a future on Washington to win the national title before that matchup was even set

Texas doesn't throw the ball more than us, and they're #1, not #2

as for my work, you spend your days begging strangers to pay the mortgage on some shithole you own in iowa while your alfa male wife brings home the bacon

I am posting this from my office in my custom home in the Ft Collins foothills

nobody is replying to your posts in this thread. if you were truly "owning" me, as you say, don't you think that'd look a little different?

by the way, Bill Belichick (ever heard of him?) was on the Pat McAfee show yesterday for about 10 minutes. during it, he talked about how much complementary football matters and how much committing to the ground game and establishing an identity helps the best QBs play even better.

so I suggest you take out a notebook and shut the f*ck up. maybe you'll learn something, ya butthurt little bitch

Last edited:
I don't know why we've buried EJ, either

he's a good change of pace guy, runs hard

Our running backs are average at best in my opinon. I'm not sure that any of them would start for another Big 10 team.
Pretty disappointed in how little push Dowdell got on those short runs. A power back he is not.

there's nothing to answer to. you're just wrong, as usual

I didn't bet Washington against Michigan straight up last year, I had a future on Washington to win the national title before that matchup was even set

Texas doesn't throw the ball more than us, and they're #1, not #2

as for my work, you spend your days begging strangers to pay the mortgage on some shithole you own in iowa while your alfa male wife brings home the bacon

I am posting this from my office in my custom home in the Ft Collins foothills

nobody is replying to your posts in this thread. if you were truly "owning" me, as you say, don't you think that'd look a little different?

by the way, Bill Belichick (ever heard of him?) was on the Pat McAfee show yesterday for about 10 minutes. during it, he talked about how much complementary football matters and how much committing to the ground game and establishing an identity helps the best QBs play even better.

so I suggest you take out a notebook and shut the f*ck up. maybe you'll learn something, ya butthurt little bitch
You picked a finesse team to win **the championship***…🤣🤣🤣 making your every word in this thread mean less than nothing. You practically shit a kidney in one of your classic toddler_kong bitch fits when power Michigan beat your pick, finesse Washington. I was there 😉

I forget, was that the bitch fit that caused you to have to buy a gold membership to be allowed back?? Or was that a different one?

You picked a finesse team to win **the championship***…🤣🤣🤣 making your every word in this thread mean less than nothing. You practically shit a kidney in one of your classic toddler_kong bitch fits when power Michigan beat your pick, finesse Washington. I was there 😉

I forget, was that the bitch fit that caused you to have to buy a gold membership to be allowed back?? Or was that a different one?
Yea I picked a team with multiple first rounders to win the title before the Pac 12 championship. They almost did

Btw I just saw that bowl season thread again (I went 19-7 on my picks, posted every single one of them. All -110 or better.)

You had both Bama and Texas in the semis (both losers) I had UM and Wash (of course, both winners)

This, yet again, is not quite the “gotcha” you think it is

Yea I picked a team with multiple first rounders to win the title before the Pac 12 championship. They almost did

Btw I just saw that bowl season thread again (I went 19-7 on my picks, posted every single one of them. All -110 or better.)

You had both Bama and Texas in the semis (both losers) I had UM and Wash (of course, both winners)

This, yet again, is not quite the “gotcha” you think it is
Except that you do think finnesse football can definitely be winning football. The stat with Texas was posted before rankings were updated and the season is young so I’ll give you that one but they dropped back 40 times when they blew out Michigan.

There are two teams in the top 10 that throw it more than us, not one like you said, (Georgia, Miami) and Ohio State throws it about the same as we do. We can absolutely play winning football throwing it exactly as much as we have, since that somehow wasn’t clear for you earlier. DR will get better, it will be exciting to watch!

Except that you do think finnesse football can definitely be winning football. The stat with Texas was posted before rankings were updated and the season is young so I’ll give you that one but they dropped back 40 times when they blew out Michigan.

There are two teams in the top 10 that throw it more than us, not one like you said, (Georgia, Miami) and Ohio State throws it about the same as we do. We can absolutely play winning football throwing it exactly as much as we have, since that somehow wasn’t clear for you earlier. DR will get better, it will be exciting to watch!
Not really. UW lost.

And Good as DR is, we are a far cry from ‘23 UW

Both on the field and on the sideline

Finesse is a losing proposition. “Balance” isn’t an identity

The end

Last edited:
Pretty sure the -52 yards do count in the final rushing numbers, don’t they? Not in pros, but in college they are subtracted from the rushing yards…

Unless I’m wrong, which could be true as well.

Yep! Good thing Illinois has a shitty QB! LOL

This might be the first game I shut off in the Rhule era. All the games I shut off under Frost didn't end well either.

What a joke.. unfortunately, it's not funny.

Is Raiola seriously going to come back for another year of this sh*t show? Especially when you know there will be SEC teams tampering and offering him huge money to transfer.
He seems like a me-first kind of guy

Hope I’m wrong and he’s able to lead

I just don’t see it right now

All the tangibles in the world, but that’s not enough when you want to be elite

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT