ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield is what he thought he was

HUSKERBILL

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2001
Probably time to bring up Satterfield again. As Satterfields ability continues to be EXACTLY what his career history was, it is becoming CRYSTAL CLEAR that Rhule will need to fire him or have him become his Achilles heel. Just is what it is. I think Rhule is excellent but will he hold on too long to relationships over execution?

Time will tell.

As a reminder of what Satterfield is……I’ll cut and paste my old post in here plus the edits.

Satterfields Husker bio doesn’t discuss rankings EVER. Not once for Total O or scoring. They call out GAMES where his QB threw for a bunch of yards. They compare the offensive numbers to teams of the past. But never against his peers in the form of a ranking. His bio reads like a politicians speech. Showing cherry picked data data to paint a picture of success that goes against what reality actually was.

Satterfields last two seasons of Total Offense RANKINGS at South Carolina.

2021 - 110 out of 130
2022 - 70 out of 130 (this was with current NFL QB Spencer Rattler)

First two seasons at Nebraska

2023 - 117th
2024 - Entered today at 78th. Will be around 87th after today.

exhibit B - He wasn’t being retained at S. Carolina before we took him. the people that know you best are telling the story. Satterfield did not receive an extension at the end of the 2021 season. All of the coaches did other than Satterfield and the O line coach. His 2022 season at South Carolina was to be his last. Getting paid $900k. We signed him for $1.4M when he didn’t even have a contract for 2023 at the $900k he was making.

Probably time to bring up Satterfield again. As Satterfields ability continues to be EXACTLY what his career history was, it is becoming CRYSTAL CLEAR that Rhule will need to fire him or have him become his Achilles heel. Just is what it is. I think Rhule is excellent but will he hold on too long to relationships over execution?

Time will tell.

As a reminder of what Satterfield is……I’ll cut and paste my old post in here plus the edits.

Satterfields Husker bio doesn’t discuss rankings EVER. Not once for Total O or scoring. They call out GAMES where his QB threw for a bunch of yards. They compare the offensive numbers to teams of the past. But never against his peers in the form of a ranking. His bio reads like a politicians speech. Showing cherry picked data data to paint a picture of success that goes against what reality actually was.

2021 - 110 out of 130

2023 - 117th

exhibit B - He wasn’t being retained at S. Carolina before we took him. the people that know you best are telling the story. Satterfield did not receive an extension at the end of the 2021 season. All of the coaches did other than Satterfield and the O line coach. His 2022 season at South Carolina was to be his last. Getting paid $900k. We signed him for $1.4M when he didn’t even have a contract for 2023 at the $900k he was making.
It’s not just Satt- it’s the whole show. That starts the top.

It’s not just Satt- it’s the whole show. That starts the top.
We have some good coaches. I believe Rhule is a great. He just needs to prioritize the program over individual relationships he has.

This is a tough business but it’s tougher if nepotism prevents hard decisions from being made

Reactions: Dylman
We have some good coaches. I believe Rhule is a great. He just needs to prioritize the program over individual relationships he has.

This is a tough business but it’s tougher if nepotism prevents hard decisions from being made
Honest question. What has Rhule done that makes him great? He’s 2-21 against rated teams.

Yeah, I think so. I was willing to give him time but the results are the results.

everyone here was glued to Rhule's sermons while he hired guys who do not one iota align with his words

wake up, folks

all this "physical" talk has returned a finesse, pass-first team run by paunchy nice guys who'd finish dead last in any physical altercation they'd ever be forced to take part in

Time will tell.

2021 - 110 out of 130

2023 - 117th

It's the Nebraska way. Hire your buddies, family, former players, etc and not the best that money can buy. There is a reason why OSU, Alabama, and Georgia are who they are. Ryan Day goes and hires proven entities like Chip Kelly as his OC. Saban hired Lane Kiffin as his OC. We suck because the athletic department and the program wreaks of nepotism and has forever even going back to bob devaney who gave the reigns to his OC Tom Osborne. It has literally been the same story since then. Every staff has had nepotism.

Why was satt hired? Because he was the OC for Rhule at Baylor nothing more and nothing less.

Reactions: leodisflowers

Rhule is not great. He had a major fail at roster management. Failed at hiring multiple subpar assistants. Rhule has done nothing that is great. You are buying into his bs preaching

When most people’s reactions are “wtf” or “who is that?” to who you hired, you know it’s not going to turn out well.

When most people’s reactions are “wtf” or “who is that?” to who you hired, you know it’s not going to turn out well.
It's not a fair analysis to gauge Nebraska Fan's knowledge of college football on a national level. A large majority only watch 3 - 3.5 hours per weekend.

SC was not upset when we got Satt. Syracuse was disappointed that we got Tony White. It's a crude way to determine coache's fates but fairly accurate.

I haven't bought in to the firing of this clown till today. He needs to go as well as Foley. Rhule has one more year and his ass needs to hit the skids if he gets blowout again.

It's the Nebraska way. Hire your buddies, family, former players, etc and not the best that money can buy. There is a reason why OSU, Alabama, and Georgia are who they are. Ryan Day goes and hires proven entities like Chip Kelly as his OC. Saban hired Lane Kiffin as his OC. We suck because the athletic department and the program wreaks of nepotism and has forever even going back to bob devaney who gave the reigns to his OC Tom Osborne. It has literally been the same story since then. Every staff has had nepotism.

Why was satt hired? Because he was the OC for Rhule at Baylor nothing more and nothing less.
He wouldn't even give him the OC job at Baylor. TE coach.

How has Rhule been any better than Frost so far? Frost's teams at least were competitive and rarely got blown out. Rhule just lost by 50 to freaking Indiana.

Reactions: Dylman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT