ADVERTISEMENT

Saban retired

Don't particularly like the guy or Alabama but he's probably the best to ever do it. Built an NFL factory in Tuscaloosa. His coaching tree is huge. He had that success with having to constantly reorganizing his staff due to everyone else hiring his guys. I for one will be glad to see Alabama go in the shitter for a while.

Not a huge surprise, I think it was speculated as a possibility for a while. The bigger surprise will be IF he can stay retired.

Who ever follows him - Good Luck
It makes no difference who they hire right now. The expectations are titles or bust...those fans will turn on that coach immediately if he doesn't win the first year.

Get ready for bama drama

Reactions: V-Doub
He should have waited until the day Harbaugh is announced as the Chargers coach, burying that story, as a final up yours to JH.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Don't particularly like the guy or Alabama but he's probably the best to ever do it. Built an NFL factory in Tuscaloosa. His coaching tree is huge. He had that success with having to constantly reorganizing his staff due to everyone else hiring his guys. I for one will be glad to see Alabama go in the shitter for a while.
He wins by having an overwhelming talent advantage. And by playing about 2 tough non-confernce games in his 17 years at Alabama.

Gotta think Dabo here. He probably wants to get out of dodge. ACC likely to struggle in the coming years and with what happened to FSU he probably knows that its time to move to one of the two big conferences.

Wish I could find a clip of this but I remember Saban at a press conference while at Michigan St prior to playing Nebraska. A reporter asked him about Nebraska's offense being pretty straight forward. He replied, I'm paraphrasing, " There's nothing straight forward about their offense. The Ass kicking they give you is straight forward but not their offense."

One of his best quotes ever

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT