ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers week. Micah and injury updates

you seem to want to act like Rhule is General Patton for the way he's handling this completely obvious scenario

it's a zero

I'd much rather discuss his decision to have the guys circle up pre-game at the 50 yard line on Saturday for a pseudo bull-in-the-ring drill

that is much more of a culture instiller than benching an average player for being an alleged derelict
If it’s completely obvious to everyone why are people pissed he’s benched, including yourself?

If it’s completely obvious to everyone why are people pissed he’s benched, including yourself?
I'm pissed?

it's a zero.

kid's an average player who's been here for 5 minutes & got benched because he screwed up.

who cares. happens 100% of the time.

would much rather see fans talking about stuff that matters, like this:

Reactions: leodisflowers
This is always the most blown out of proportion thing in sports.

Being a father figure is great and stuff but that is not his job, his job is to win games. Period. Graduation rates don't matter, public service doesn't matter, hard majors doesn't matter. It is all nice and stuff and I know a lot of fans pretend to care about it but again, in the end, win games.

If staring Mazz this week will somehow ruin the culture of the team, boot him. But I am guessing it will not ruin the team and probably just help with run blocking and scoring points.
Actually, we should all care about that stuff. It is 100% possible to do both. I understand your sentiment, and technically I agree, winning trumps everything. But its a shitty way to go about life.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Sounds like he’s in line to play this week. Not as the starter, but he’s available. If Lutovsky doesn’t get the job done, I would expect he will go in.
What I find interesting is that Lutovsky graded the highest (PFF) of the OL against Purdue according to an article from Athlon Sports. Most everyone is bashing him. Maybe he hasn’t been the highest rated OL overall but I’ll take his performance against Purdue every time.

Reactions: king_kong_
Wonder if this tactic actually worked? If nothing else it was good theatrics.
I obviously am less than enamored with much of Rhule's rhetoric

but I appreciated this, even if just for show

combined with his obvious interference with Satt's pass-happy play calling in the 2nd half, he is playing the hits (pardon the pun)

hope he doubles down on it this weekend and we grind rutgers into dust with the running game

I'm pissed?

it's a zero.

kid's an average player who's been here for 5 minutes & got benched because he screwed up.

who cares. happens 100% of the time.

would much rather see fans talking about stuff that matters, like this:

He might be average but appeared that he’s better than Lutovsky. I’m fine with however Rhule chooses to handle his players.

Actually, we should all care about that stuff. It is 100% possible to do both. I understand your sentiment, and technically I agree, winning trumps everything. But its a shitty way to go about life.
Look, if we really cared about graduation rates and hard majors and community service our favorite teams would be

Harvard
Army
Yale
Air Force
Cornell

You get the idea...

Tony White Pre-Rutgers Presser #Huskers-Need the same mentality this week-Good to see Javin Wright back after he had football taken away from him for a bit-Will see Athan Kaliakmanis this Saturday after he was at Minnesota the previous few years-Pass rush is showing up but have to get into more third and long and passing situations-Running back Kyle Monangai is "Probably the best one we've seen to date"-Whole group for the running game is impressive-Getting young guys in has helped speed up development. "Every snap is valuable."-Marques Buford is a good leader and its personal when he's helping his brother Mario-Keona Davis is explosive and has elite traits-Rutgers is efficient on offense to not be in position to give up QB hurries and sacks-Ceyar Wright "has been ultra competitive"-"A lot of transfers that have been balling"-Ceyair is southern California through and through: "Got that laid back swag. He was also on Space Jam."-Ceyair is "damn close" to earning a Blackshirt-John Bullock epitomizes Nebraska

Marcus Satterfield Pre-Rutgers Presser #Huskers-"Have to cover the whole field when you play against us"-Perimeter blocking has improved but has to "continue to get better and better every day"-Rutgers is stout in the red zone but that doesn't change the play calling-On being creative on offense: "You wanna be the dumbest guy in the room when you're in my position and I am"-Jacory Barney is fast and athletic but most importantly he loves the game of football-There's a feel to getting Heinrich Haarberg on the field, it happened early last game-"We demand a standard of our scout team"-Saturday was good for getting the team to go win a road game-Need to be creative to get the run game going. Sometimes need to run when you're set to throw and vice versa.-Dylan Raiola was even more locked in last week with a game on the road.

this is - by far - the thing I like most about Rhule

he does seem to know good football players when he sees them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT