ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers visits Lincoln as +6.5 Underdogs

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
I’m not the one that looks toward the next game before the one that needs to be played tomorrow.

Huskers are -6 point favorite at home.

Bucknuts -21 favorites over the Clarkeyes in Columbus.
Hooisers -10.5 over NW
Wisky -10.5 over Purdue
Wasington -1.5 over Meechigan
A&M -2 over Mizzou

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Tough game to call. Rutgers has been consistent in their level of play. We have been up and down on both offense and defense. We have shown flashes of greatness on both sides of the ball. We have also shown flashes of total ineptitude. Which one shows up? That will determine the outcome. Play like we did against Illinois and we will lose. Play like we did against CU and we will win,

I believe we are 4-1 ATS on the seaaon but I have to wonder if the wise guys will load up on Rutgers. Schiano is legit there...never matched his success there anywhere else of course, but for some reason he works there.

Tough game to call. Rutgers has been consistent in their level of play. We have been up and down on both offense and defense. We have shown flashes of greatness on both sides of the ball. We have also shown flashes of total ineptitude. Which one shows up? That will determine the outcome. Play like we did against Illinois and we will lose. Play like we did against CU and we will win,
Unfortunately, Rutgers is similar to IL in that they’re solid on both lines of scrimmage and dedicated to physical football. NU tends to shrink from that. And their QB is one of many backups (this one from MN) that we’ve made look like All-Americas. I fear we lose this one.

Unfortunately, Rutgers is similar to IL in that they’re solid on both lines of scrimmage and dedicated to physical football. NU tends to shrink from that. And their QB is one of many backups (this one from MN) that we’ve made look like All-Americas. I fear we lose this one.

I’m not sure any of this is actually true. Did we shrink from teams like Iowa, Minnesota, etc that tried to run at us last year? Seemed like TO’s were much more to issue. Did their QB look like an All-American in our game against him last year? I thought I remembered him really struggling.

I predict rutgers, sadly.

This would be a big win for Nu. Rutgers is good and well coached.

They are not all americans, however, as the delirious rutgers poster leads us to believe.

Rutgers looks pretty formidable now that they finally have a QB who can complete a pass for more than 10 yards. O-line also appears to be much-improved.

I’m not sure any of this is actually true. Did we shrink from teams like Iowa, Minnesota, etc that tried to run at us last year? Seemed like TO’s were much more to issue. Did their QB look like an All-American in our game against him last year? I thought I remembered him really struggling.
Not last year, but 2 years ago. He played 2nd half vs us in Lincoln when he was at Minny. Led them to victory.

After yesterday first half, I’ll take any kind of win how large or how small..
Absolutely. I don’t care if it’s 1 point win everytime. It would be great for the program to get used to winning close games instead of heading to the locker room with urine stains on their pants as has been the case for far too long.

Absolutely. I don’t care if it’s 1 point win everytime. It would be great for the program to get used to winning close games instead of heading to the locker room with urine stains on their pants as has been the case for far too long.
Like Rhule mentioned he wants to see us win a one score game..Hoping it’s next Saturday..

Vegas loves to overvalue Nebraska, they have a history of it. I'd take any points I could get in this game.
Except that NU is 4-1 ats (I think). This just seems way too easy to take the points, meaning, smart money gives the points, and Vegas cleans up on John and Jane Q Public.

Except that NU is 4-1 ats (I think). This just seems way too easy to take the points, meaning, smart money gives the points, and Vegas cleans up on John and Jane Q Public.
Last year they we're favored even when they proved they sucked. Hardly anyone has it figured out.

Purdy lost that game with his impossibly atrocious 2nd half performance

Grecian didn’t win it
Minny did nothing in the first half with their starter he was worthless. Dang injury brought the Grecian in the 2nd half and we got rolled over. Point being he will be ultra confident next weekend with that experience in his pocket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT