ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers fires OC Sean Gleeson

konaki

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2002
First off I don't know of any OC in America that could fix Rutgers offense, especially at their QB position which is a mess. You know Gleeson was the sacrificial lamb for HC Greg Schiano, he had no choice but to do something. I think we've finally seen the end of waiting till the end of the season when it comes to firing coaches and it should be that way.

Now we come to our problems with our team, Nebraska has fixed a few important issues with the team but I don't think Mickey can fix our problems with the OL unless he changes schemes to open holes and pass pro, it may be to late in the season to do so. I appreciate the job Mickey has done so far and I believe with more time Mickey could turn this thing around but I doubt it's going to happen this year. jmo

First off I don't know of any OC in America that could fix Rutgers offense, especially at their QB position which is a mess. You know Gleeson was the sacrificial lamb for HC Greg Schiano, he had no choice but to do something. I think we've finally seen the end of waiting till the end of the season when it comes to firing coaches and it should be that way.

Now we come to our problems with our team, Nebraska has fixed a few important issues with the team but I don't think Mickey can fix our problems with the OL unless he changes schemes to open holes and pass pro, it may be to late in the season to do so. I appreciate the job Mickey has done so far and I believe with more time Mickey could turn this thing around but I doubt it's going to happen this year. jmo
The Oline just needs to be totally replaced. Saban could not win with that line.

Yeah, even in a crappy BIG west, he's got a big challenge. I think Casey is probably the best qb for what we are currently doing, but wondering if we didnt go run heavy, that another qb wouldnt be better. Or, have packages for different qb's when the O is struggling.

IF, and i say IF, there was not any physical or one vs one in practices, this would explain why there is no push or killer instinct on the line. The only thing that will fix this is time. You can't say be physical and open holes if it is not practiced. The many deficiencies of the past coach will take time to correct.

Yeah, even in a crappy BIG west, he's got a big challenge. I think Casey is probably the best qb for what we are currently doing, but wondering if we didnt go run heavy, that another qb wouldnt be better. Or, have packages for different qb's when the O is struggling.
option

Rutgers needs to find a QB. They've been trying to duct tape an offense together but w/o a QB they have to manufacture points. Vedral is the best option this season, if he's healthy.

Reactions: Bold Words
I have noticed, the crowd who have been asking for some "wildcat" on thr offense, aren't saying much after a poor defensive team like Nebraska completely shut it down for Rutgers.

They are desperate to generate offense anyway they can.

I have noticed, the crowd who have been asking for some "wildcat" on thr offense, aren't saying much after a poor defensive team like Nebraska completely shut it down for Rutgers.

They are desperate to generate offense anyway they can.
All depends on the who the QB is and how effective the OL is. That Adrian Martinez guy at K St seems to be doing OK.

All depends on the who the QB is and how effective the OL is. That Adrian Martinez guy at K St seems to be doing OK.
Ok is probably the correct word. He had a monster game vs. OU who basically is now getting their ass beat by everyone. Before that he was basically a bottom Power 5 QB by the numbers. His stat line was alright against ISU, but 10 points on the board is bad. He's lucky KSU played pretty good D.

IF, and i say IF, there was not any physical or one vs one in practices, this would explain why there is no push or killer instinct on the line. The only thing that will fix this is time. You can't say be physical and open holes if it is not practiced. The many deficiencies of the past coach will take time to correct.
If they are just starting to practice it now, it is too late. They should have been practicing live one vs one's from the first day of fall camp.

Yeah, I’m just not convinced that our raw talent is that bad. They may not be amazing, but my inclination tells me it has much more to do with coaching and development. We’ve brought in too many players with decent enough star ratings while so many other schools do more with less.

Reactions: oldjar07
Rutgers needs to find a QB. They've been trying to duct tape an offense together but w/o a QB they have to manufacture points. Vedral is the best option this season, if he's healthy.
It appeared to me Vedral's injured thumb has not healed well enough for him to play well for an entire game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT