ADVERTISEMENT

No longer a Rumor - Bad news for the OL

Who is behind Corcoran and Teddy at LT?
Prochazka started Saturday's practice as the second-team left tackle, behind Corcroan. When Corcoran went to the sideline after getting dinged, Prochazka replaced him.

Outside of Prochazka, other tackle options to provide depth behind Corcoran include sophomore Tyler Knaak (who was working at right guard Saturday but has tackle experience at Utah) and Jacob Hood, redshirt freshmen Gunnar Gottula, Grant Seagren and Brock Knutson and true freshmen Grant Brix and Xander Ruggeroli.

Might be next in seniority but not talent.

I think he's very talented, and from what I've heard, they are high on him. My guess is that he will be second string at LT, and Brix will be second string at RT (although he has a pretty big learning curve).

Last edited:
Reactions: BrighteRed24
Brix has the size and talent to play if needed. Just needs reps.
Suddenly the importance of making extra efforts to get a guy like that is showing it's importance... I.E. parking the Husker Semi & Trailer outside of his school

Feel bad for Teddy, that guy has wanted to be the Man for so long and has worked so hard only to have it end crushingly yet again... some guys are like that

Then maybe Rhule recruits 2 less position player and tries to pick up a couple kids that live to block, like your Rathman's, Markovicka's, etc. Everyone on that team understood their value as blockers.
There are a two TE recruits on the roster who were labeled as inline blocker types. Not sure how ready either of those guys are to play. And I agree with your post. I think there's something to be said for playing a fullback. Very few teams use them anymore and the smaller linebackers of today's game want nothing to do with a hard nosed fullback as a lead blocker. The tough part is convincing OC's to use them more often.

Be nice to get a David Sanders. Starter from day one at LT.
Sanders would be a huge get at maybe our most needed spot at this point. Whatever Tenn is offering we need to beat it.
We do have some good young guys but the better rated recruits are all in the last class and will need a year or two.

Corcoran will be playing left tackle this fall.

• Sad
Reactions: king_kong_
From what's previously been shown i'd agree. But I think some have potential and a good year could lead to 1 or 2 getting drafted.
they're all 23+ years old

scott, corc, benhart all came back because they were told "no thanks" by the league

same with ty robinson

maybe the guards?

if we want to have a better team, we need better players

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Might be next in seniority but not talent.
I was under the impression that Brix has a ton of upside, but hasn’t really pass blocked a whole lot in his HS career. So he may have some development in that area before he’s ready.

Well crap. You have to feel really sorry for the young man. He has worked his butt off to get healthy and now this. I wonder if it is time for him to consider dropping football entirely. It would seem he does not have the knees for it.

I was under the impression that Brix has a ton of upside, but hasn’t really pass blocked a whole lot in his HS career. So he may have some development in that area before he’s ready.
who's developing the developers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT