ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Sorensen decommited

I saw a post some days ago saying Nebraska hadn't been in contact with him for a while. It sounds like this has been in the works.

source.gif

Never want to se
I saw a post some days ago saying Nebraska hadn't been in contact with him for a while. It sounds like this has been in the works.

I don't know about the contact rate for the staff, but I do know he hasn't mentioned Nebraska or had anything on his twitter regarding being committed to Nebraska for a few weeks at least.

Just speculation, but I believe he was a the 1st recruit and recruit last fall. Im sure Frost and Co were willing to take any decent level guy who is willing to commit that early. Back up plan type of thing. As the year has went and they have had more time to look into other guys, wonder if they found guys they like better. They just lost interest. He felt the lack of priority from the staff and decided to just move on.

I can honestly say I wasn't super excited about him. Given I didn't know much besides his ranking.

If the rumors are true and we stopped communication, I'll trust we moved on for a reason.

I played DE in high school and was 180 lbs and one of the faster guys on the team. It doesn't really matter to me what position they play in high school.
he thinks just because it's called OLB in a 3-4 they have to cover slot guys/RBs and play sideline to sideline.

a pass rushing OLB (james harrison, jj watt, etc.) is the same thing as a DE. this concept is exceedingly complex for some.

I hear he had a peg leg, 20/400 vision, a size 52 waist, and often smelled of elderberries. So I guess what I'm saying is DWHA (Didn't Want Him Anyway).

he thinks just because it's called OLB in a 3-4 they have to cover slot guys/RBs and play sideline to sideline.

a pass rushing OLB (james harrison, jj watt, etc.) is the same thing as a DE. this concept is exceedingly complex for some.

That's the problem we have guys that can't get to the QB and are also to slow to cover the flats. Would be nice to have either speed or a real edge threat.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
He had Nebraska connections,relatives living in state.
Just a hunch, but the staff might be slowing recruiting down some, less projects left for walkons and home grown talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT