ADVERTISEMENT

Rival team rankings

I've been wrong on them forever now, keep thinking "Oh this year they take a step back", and instead, we do.
I wasn't dissing Wisconsin. I think they're going to be a similar team next year as they were this year. They have a great defense and so does Michigan and are a very good team. At the same time, I don't think they're unbeatable as many on here seem to suggest. With the struggles they have on offense at times, I think they are very beatable if we play a good game.

The same thing goes for Ohio State. People act like it's going to be impossible to beat them next year. Even though we've gotten blown out by them the last 3 times we've played them, we're going to be a completely different team next year. They got blown out by Iowa of all teams. Even though the chances aren't great, I do think we have a chance to beat Ohio State.

I'm chugging the Kool Aid at this point. Both hands.

How could you not? Frost and the AD department first moves appear to be a great indicator for the future.... now next year let’s hopefully load up on big nasty lineman!

I wasn't dissing Wisconsin. I think they're going to be a similar team next year as they were this year. They have a great defense and so does Michigan and are a very good team. At the same time, I don't think they're unbeatable as many on here seem to suggest. With the struggles they have on offense at times, I think they are very beatable if we play a good game.

The same thing goes for Ohio State. People act like it's going to be impossible to beat them next year. Even though we've gotten blown out by them the last 3 times we've played them, we're going to be a completely different team next year. They got blown out by Iowa of all teams. Even though the chances aren't great, I do think we have a chance to beat Ohio State.

Love your enthusiasm

Last year at the OSU game, I took my 11 year old son down to field level to say hi to one of my former players. We stuck around and watched the team come out of the tunnel- the players looked like they were in the waiting room to get a root canal done- they knew they were going to get their butts kicked. You could see it in their eyes and body language- told my son that the game was over- just try and enjoy the experience and good football- no matter what team it came from.

Our team was like the boxers who take a bout on 2 days notice and are out of shape. They fight for the first minute- see they had no chance- pretend to fight into the second round- then look for a soft part of the canvas to lay down on when the next flurry of punches land. Only problem is in football SOMEONE has to play the full 4 quarters= its on the coaches.

Pretty steep mental mountain to overcome- at least in year 1.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT