ADVERTISEMENT

Ripped Off

High Country Husker

Walk On
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2003
I tried to cancel my subscription, and was told tough shit, you didn't read the terms. I feel ripped off. I am sick and tired of these bait and switch tactics, auto renewal bullshit and all due some weasel putting this in the fine print of the terms and conditions. I know better than most about this crap, and will take the hit, but this is BS. If you would have sent out notification a week before it was renewing, this would not be an issue, but why something simple like that when you can rip people off. You must really need the money.

I tried to cancel my subscription, and was told tough shit, you didn't read the terms. I feel ripped off. I am sick and tired of these bait and switch tactics, auto renewal bullshit and all due some weasel putting this in the fine print of the terms and conditions. I know better than most about this crap, and will take the hit, but this is BS. If you would have sent out notification a week before it was renewing, this would not be an issue, but why something simple like that when you can rip people off. You must really need the money.
Exactly why I’ve been on the free board for years now. Well that and I’m cheap. I don’t trust them with my cc info. Always read the terms.

The big boom is coming to an end for a lot of websites. Twitter. Twitch. YouTube. Reddit(LOL protesting by taking popular reddits to private).
Pay or be bombarded with intrusive never ending ads, especially with their apps, and adblockers are beginning to struggle.
People are getting the screws put to them in general and theres very little left for F off money. And you know, or do know, NEVER trust a corporation. You have to be on top of it.
Live and learn (again) I guess. I hope you find resolution.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Just pay me. I'll get you the same info for half price.😌

And here you are slumming with us deplorables.

Tough shit.

They got me once within 24 hours of my yearly anniversary. Never again. Would've been less upset if Callahan didn't profit from it at the time.

On3 is worse. They dick you around like a broken slinky. Bunch a fing ego punks over there! Never be a member of on3 again

I had to pay for an extra year of The Athletic because I missed the cancellation period.

• Wow
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Just give me your CC and SS #. I'll get you all fixed up.😂

Do what I did, switch your payment info to a credit card that you’ve never used with them and will expire before your next billing. Surprisingly, that next billing the payment went through. But when I got the notification, I called the card company.

Me: I got a notification for a charge that I did not make.

Card Co.: Let me take a look, that appears to be a recurring payment.

Me: Is that so? Why don’t you search on your computer and tell me how many times you guys have handle a recurring payment from me to that company.

Card Co.: Let’s see, none, this was the first one.

Me: Exactly, I did not make or approve this charge.

Card Co.: Alright sir, we will take care of this matter for you.

The card company took the charge off of my account and I continued to post on the premium board for free for another 6 months, until Rivals figured out that I wasn’t going to update my payment method to an active card.

Last edited:
Who in their right mind would pay for this crap?
The difference is some lack of trolls on the pay board and there used to be lots of timely stuff. Twitter has kind of stolen their thunder. There were some good stories when we had a membership at our house.

Why would they send a heads up a week before the renewal? That’s a recipe for a failed business. Keep the pressure on the uninformed and lazy.

I hear ya. There are a few things that I normally would have subscribed to but did not due to their auto-renewal policy.

Motley fool does this crap too, except their subscriptions go for two years at a time so you really have a chance to forget about it.

I'm not sure what card you have, but from now on I'm going the route of logging into the website and generating a one-time card number that can be used. Then the auto-renew won't mean anything because the card number will not be valid in the future. Mastercard has this feature, at least the kind I have.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT