ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Keith Jackson

With him, and Van Dyke passing I have 2 hits on the death pool halfway through January.

RIP Keith Jackson.

loved listening to him but when he did Husker games he seemed bias toward the other team, but either way he was the greatest off all time in the booth.

Reactions: baseball31ne
When we built the current press box (1999?), they named the restroom in the TV broadcast booth after him.

RIP.

Very shocked and saddened, Keith Jackson and Lindsey Nelson were my favorite College Football announcers...:(

RIP Keith.

Reactions: Arbitr8
Keith Jackson replaced Chris Schenkel as ABC lead play by play man announcing College football in 1974.

Schenkel was known for announcing the 1969 Texas and Arkansas and the 1971 Nebraska Oklahoma Game of the Century.

Reactions: huskers360
Keith Jackson replaced Chris Schenkel as ABC lead play by play man announcing College football in 1974.
One of the greatest upgrades in the history of the world, regardless of industry.

Schenkel seemed like a nice guy, but he could make any sporting event seem as exciting as that week's stop on the Pro Bowlers' Tour.

Reactions: scarletred
Very shocked and saddened, Keith Jackson and Lindsey Nelson were my favorite College Football announcers...:(

RIP Keith.

I enjoyed Lindsey Nelson as part of a threesome doing NY Mets television broadcasts for many years. With Ralph Kiner and Bob Murphy.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
I enjoyed Lindsey Nelson as a threesome doing NY Mets television broadcasts for many years.

He also did Notre Dame replay on Sunday morning, remember listing and watching every Sunday morning during the fall Devaney had his coach’s show around 6:00 pm on Sundays.Nelson also did many Cotton Bowl games on New Years Day.

Reactions: Catch50
I always looked forward to Keith Jackson calling college games on Saturday's. He was the greatest and I have missed him for years. Never thought he was biased against Nebraska or any team. After he retired I had always hoped that he would write a book about his experiences broadcasting college football, but it never happened. I suspect Keith Jackson probably forgot more about college football than most people ever knew.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT