ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule's a big fan of Rahmir

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
It seems he's very enamored of Rahmir's game against Michigan a few years ago and didn't understand why he was put on a milk carton the year after. I wonder if it isn't a case of the offense not being able to play consistently enough to take advantage of his skill set. He's not the type that is going to be able to grind out yards. But out of all the backs that have played over the past few years, he's the one with the best burst and we will see him out there when a wheel route may be in the cards.

I can’t see him getting more than five touches a game. He’s gotta make the most of them.

It seems he's very enamored of Rahmir's game against Michigan a few years ago and didn't understand why he was put on a milk carton the year after. I wonder if it isn't a case of the offense not being able to play consistently enough to take advantage of his skill set. He's not the type that is going to be able to grind out yards. But out of all the backs that have played over the past few years, he's the one with the best burst and we will see him out there when a wheel route may be in the cards.
I think he has great versatility but if the wind blows the wrong direction he gets hurt. He's another , " He could have been " ,back.

If he's healthy, is there a better all-purpose back on the team?

His one drop on a wheel route might have cost us a game😕. Lots of talent. Hopefully he can stay AVAILABE.

A qb who can reliably hit passes will help tremendously with the running game.
We put the load of last year's troubles on the QB, but when you look at the depth we had at WR for the last few games, only Billy Kemp had any experience to speak of and even he wasn't operating at full speed. Pretty hard to put together a passing game when the QB throw talent is limited and the WR haven't faced B!G DBs.
The two kids we brought in at WR are legit and Lloyd is getting good reviews. Both Raiola and Kaelin have good arm talent. I think the offense is going to look very different this fall.

It cost us more than the Illinois game. A play or 2 after is where Casey got hurt.
I get what you’re saying, but that’s football, isn’t it? Maybe Casey doesn’t get hurt on the next play, but it is a violent sport, and he certainly could have gotten hurt on the next series.

Costly drop, no doubt, but the reason we lost Casey for multiple games? I think that’s a bit much.

The non-QB running game was bad. 10th in the league bad.

Same cast of characters now have to handle one extra defender.

We’ll see what satt has up his sleeves.
We had a zero threat to throw the ball last year. DCs around the league knew that.they won’t have that luxury this year. I love HH he played his off for us last year. But I watched HS kids on Friday night that would have been a bigger threat to throw the ball on Saturdays than he was .

The non-QB running game was bad. 10th in the league bad.

Same cast of characters now have to handle one extra defender.

We’ll see what satt has up his sleeves.
I’m excited to see how much the short and intermediate passing game helps out. He did not have the WRs or the QBs to run bubbles, slants or crossing routes effectively. The threat of a quick pass should help out a ton.

RB is the weakest position right now. The fact that everyone is getting praise isn’t always great news. Means no one is separating themselves. They were praising Mazzccuua last week. When everyone looks mediocre no one looks bad.

The little tape we’ve seen from the backs In live pads hasn’t looked good. But then again, they are facing a top notch D-Line. IDK, hope someone breaks thru. But I can promise you this, we ain’t loaded at RB. If it looks like we have a ton of options, it’s because we don’t have anyone great.

But I do know if Rhule doesn’t like his backs after spring, he’ll be looking in the portal. Remeber we don’t have anyone coming in this fall so Matt knows his hand. I wish nothing but the best for the RBs. I hope RJ is come back player of the year. But 3 years away from meaningful PT for a full season is hard to come back from

I will say coming in to spring , WR and RB were neck and neck on who’s the worst… WRs have flipped. They are looking solid. I know we have better arms throwing to them, but give the group credit too. They look much better.

Rahmir has had 1 good game.. well 1 good half.. I guess it's more like 2 great carries.

Previously, his career has had basically zero impact. Never got the first down in a critical situation, or anything like this before a great game last year, that we still lost..

Maybe we see the *new* Rahmir this year. It would be awesome to see that guy that ran pissed off for a couple of carries to do that all year long. Do you guys think I should I put money on that? I mean it's a given right? GBR!

Reactions: Truewooper
A legit threat of a forward pass should help out there.
the QBs are going to have to earn the respect so many here assume will be given to them

if you think we're not going to face stacked boxes constantly, you're in for a bit of a surprise

will be up to them (and the OC) to back them off, and when they do it'll be up to the OL and RBs (and OC) to make them pay

running out the same crew that couldn't get a foot when we needed it most over the last 2+ years and expecting something different is less than ideal

certainly should be interesting to watch. and hopefully not in the usual "wow, a train wreck!" sort of way

the QBs are going to have to earn the respect so many here assume will be given to them

if you think we're not going to face stacked boxes constantly, you're in for a bit of a surprise

will be up to them (and the OC) to back them off, and when they do it'll be up to the OL and RBs (and OC) to make them pay

running out the same crew that couldn't get a foot when we needed it most over the last 2+ years and expecting something different is less than ideal

certainly should be interesting to watch. and hopefully not in the usual "wow, a train wreck!" sort of way
I would agree with the second point for certain. If I were defending Nebraska I would continue to stacka and zone blitz. The running game has not shown the ability to overcome that and neither has the passing game. Until you have a series of things come together, nothing changes and it isn't just the QB.

Does the QB read the blitz coming and does he communicate the blocking changes to the O line and do they pick up the blitz and does the WR adjust his route for the blitz. How many times have we seen a blitz come completely clean and ideally you want a WR or RB to run to where the blitz came from. There are going to have to be lots of changes in everything from communication on hot routes and then execute them or D's will just continue to dog you. This isn't HS where you send a guy on a fly and chuck it up there.

Reactions: king_kong_
RB is the weakest position right now. The fact that everyone is getting praise isn’t always great news. Means no one is separating themselves. They were praising Mazzccuua last week. When everyone looks mediocre no one looks bad.

The little tape we’ve seen from the backs In live pads hasn’t looked good. But then again, they are facing a top notch D-Line. IDK, hope someone breaks thru. But I can promise you this, we ain’t loaded at RB. If it looks like we have a ton of options, it’s because we don’t have anyone great.

But I do know if Rhule doesn’t like his backs after spring, he’ll be looking in the portal. Remeber we don’t have anyone coming in this fall so Matt knows his hand. I wish nothing but the best for the RBs. I hope RJ is come back player of the year. But 3 years away from meaningful PT for a full season is hard to come back from

I will say coming in to spring , WR and RB were neck and neck on who’s the worst… WRs have flipped. They are looking solid. I know we have better arms throwing to them, but give the group credit too. They look much better.
Wide receivers were always ahead of the rb in my mind. Wideouts are young, very athletic, showed major potential, and stayed relatively healthy. Compare that to the rb room where there are durability issues for 2 of them.

I always thought Rhamir was underutilized/underappreciated due to either being ignored by the coaches or due to being injured. Hope he's able to have good final season.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Maybe someone like Trent Uhlir will come on and make some waves. Not sure if he is slated for fullback, but was a force in Class C.

Just realized Ramir could qualify for a seventh season. He has a hardship case from last year and he redshirted his first year.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Seem to remember he dropped a wheel route pass in a critical situation against Wisconsin. May have something to do with the milk carton.

Seem to remember he dropped a wheel route pass in a critical situation against Wisconsin. May have something to do with the milk carton.
Could be but if that play is the reason he got put on the milk carton then there was a whole lot of other players in the same time frame that deserved the same treatment.

How many years have we been saying this, though? I'm in I'll believe it when I see it mode.
You disagree that a QB who can reliably hit passes will help the running game? That seems pretty obvious to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT