ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule spring PC -new weight room done. Dylan and Pro Day

Purdy was absolutely terrible and each time you dig your heels in you remind the board why you shouldnt be taken seriously.
I disagree. There were aspects of Purdy that were terrible. His end of game clown shows were terrible. But in game he showed that he could develop some… key word there is COULD. We will never know what he may have developed into, maybe he would not have improved, but I’m not ready to say he was absolutely terrible, under the circumstances.

He was the best we had from a skill set standpoint . He made some bad mistakes that given first team practice reps and more experience he might not have repeated. Our QB room would have had better depth if he had stayed. Some of us can evaluate players objectively. Others trash young guys.
you are not one of these people

purdy is 23 years old and will not start in the mountain west

He was the best we had from a skill set standpoint . He made some bad mistakes that given first team practice reps and more experience he might not have repeated. Our QB room would have had better depth if he had stayed. Some of us can evaluate players objectively. Others trash young guys.
Skillset wise you think Purdy and his noodle arm were the best? One of the most important skills of a QB is decision making and not making the big mistake. If he was the best at anything, it was making the biggest mistakes. A toss up between him and Sims. Our QB room is way better because those two are gone.

Skillset wise you think Purdy and his noodle arm were the best? One of the most important skills of a QB is decision making and not making the big mistake. If he was the best at anything, it was making the biggest mistakes. A toss up between him and Sims. Our QB room is way better because those two are gone.
Purdy and sims were also - by far - the most experienced in that room

Our worst quarterback room in the last 75 years.

he had the most accurate arm coupled with being very athletic. The clowns who kept saying he was slow and couldn’t run were clearly proven to not know what they were talking about.

he had the most accurate arm coupled with being very athletic. The clowns who kept saying he was slow and couldn’t run were clearly proven to not know what they were talking about.
He's not a good football player, and not sure why you love him so much. Jeff Sims actually had the best completion percentage out of the 3 and is hyper athletic, but it doesn't make him a good football player.

He's not a good football player, and not sure why you love him so much. Jeff Sims actually had the best completion percentage out of the 3 and is hyper athletic, but it doesn't make him a good football player.
It was mind-boggling and infuriating at the same time to watch these guys ship the bed week after week after week. I had the positive expectation late in the 4th quarter that they were going to blow the game and they rarely disappointed.

I believe the idea that he isn’t a good football player is ludicrous. Whether or not he can be a successful D-1 QB is yet to be proven

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
I believe the idea that he isn’t a good football player is ludicrous. Whether or not he can be a successful D-1 QB is yet to be proven
The Rock What GIF

Those last 15 or so posts really showed how mind bottling and mind boggling can exist side by side, and even kind of make sense.

Thank goodness we have better athletes throwing the ball now.

Glad Haarberg is still on the team.

And Barthel needs to get a HS running back in this recruiting class. Something he failed to do in the last class.
I'm not sold on the kid he is keying on right now either.. don't see a difference maker on the horizon yet.

I'm not sold on the kid he is keying on right now either.. don't see a difference maker on the horizon yet.
Here's a scouting report on him from Mike Farrell Sports:

"Good height, and an adequate frame. Needs to add 5-15 pounds of mass. Possesses very good change of direction, and good contact balance. Good speed for his size, and good vision. Ellusive back, mainly relies on speed, and shiftiness to gain chunk-yardage. Good burst, and patience, stays behind blockers until holes open. Good hands, and good route running. Occasionally used as a scat back, but also ran deep slants, and out-routes well. Pad level needs work, adequate at best. Not a good blocker. As a runner, Parker almost never targeted the A and B gaps on large gains. Cutting the ball outside was his strength, but he showed very few carries on tape being able to run it inside the gaps. High impact player when cutting it outside, but is a bit one-dimensional. Projects as a high impacts scat-back, or a third down back on a SEC or Big Ten level program. low-end, could be a very good G5 to low-end P4 workhorse after adding mass."

Jamarion Parker

Danny has nothing to lose right now. All the pressure is put on Raiola's shoulders let's be honest. I don't see him getting rattled like AM would.

Zero scoring drives over 6 plays

Zero red zone touchdowns, 2 red zone INT
Talk about cutting the data to suit your needs. Why are we even talking about a kid who isn’t here. Purdy looked better than Haarberg at moving the ball until he would turn the ball over and break our hearts.

Neither he or Haarberg were good enough to win games against anyone with a pulse.

Now we will be looking forward to see if

1. Haarberg has drastically improved with his ball control and decision making
2. Raiola is ready enough to start.

We won’t know any of this until August. Spring game should be fun.

But if Rhule is smart about it he doesn’t name a starter until the first game. And he tells everyone that the backup will see at least one series in the first game no matter what.

What he doesn’t need to do is name a starter early in camp like our resident idiot Frost did so that the backup transfers in fall camp like Gebbia.

Such a rookie move. Such foreshadowing to Frosts future ineptitude and ability to manage the chess board.

There is a difference here, one was the coach speaking about his player, the other is an observer at practice who has no skin in the game.

I get it. I’m just never a fan of comparing our QBs to NFL guys. Realistically, Raiola and Martinez could both make athletic plays and throws that NFL QB’s would struggle to make. No disagreement there.

The question is are they able to make pre-snap reads of the defense well, are they able to process through what coverage the defense is playing post snap and progress quickly and accurately through their progressions while avoiding the defensive pash rush during the play. I’m not a fan of comparing Nebraska quarterbacks to NFL QBs as our QBs likely have a LONG way to go before they are able to do the 2 above things as well as an NFL Qb.

Just not a fan of the comparison as simply making a throw is much easier than being able to read defenses well and process information accurately and quickly during the play

Reactions: thall_
Now we will be looking forward to see if

1. Haarberg has drastically improved with his ball control and decision making
2. Raiola is ready enough to start.

We won’t know any of this until August. Spring game should be fun.

But if Rhule is smart about it he doesn’t name a starter until the first game. And he tells everyone that the backup will see at least one series in the first game no matter what.

What he doesn’t need to do is name a starter early in camp like our resident idiot Frost did so that the backup transfers in fall camp like Gebbia.

Such a rookie move. Such foreshadowing to Frosts future ineptitude and ability to manage the chess board.
completely agree

really excited for the Spring Game

hopefully it's the same format as last year

You start Raiola and don't even need to think about it IMO. We open up with UTEP, Colorado will be a tough test in a fun environment - maybe a series with HH to run and keep em guessing. You then get UNI and Illinois next. Mind you the first 4 games and first 6/7 are at home. Gives him plenty of reps to try and win 2 or 3 of the last 5 games. Defense should be solid enough as well.

My understanding is that Raiola is as good as advertised. Lots of things are relative, of course, and QB play at NU hasn't been spectacular lately, but there's some buzz about what he's done and is doing at practice. Would not be surprised if efforts were underway to upgrade the talent around him starting yesterday. Not sure if that's good or bad news for this year, but we're okay at QB.

My understanding is that Raiola is as good as advertised. Lots of things are relative, of course, and QB play at NU hasn't been spectacular lately, but there's some buzz about what he's done and is doing at practice. Would not be surprised if efforts were underway to upgrade the talent around him starting yesterday. Not sure if that's good or bad news for this year, but we're okay at QB.
I do not watch many hudl clips, but what I saw on Riaola's was really something different.

He was the #1 recruit for a long time, regardless where he ended.

I am glad he is playing in Lincoln, and I bet Georgia wishes he was still in Athens.

Here's a scouting report on him from Mike Farrell Sports:

"Good height, and an adequate frame. Needs to add 5-15 pounds of mass. Possesses very good change of direction, and good contact balance. Good speed for his size, and good vision. Ellusive back, mainly relies on speed, and shiftiness to gain chunk-yardage. Good burst, and patience, stays behind blockers until holes open. Good hands, and good route running. Occasionally used as a scat back, but also ran deep slants, and out-routes well. Pad level needs work, adequate at best. Not a good blocker. As a runner, Parker almost never targeted the A and B gaps on large gains. Cutting the ball outside was his strength, but he showed very few carries on tape being able to run it inside the gaps. High impact player when cutting it outside, but is a bit one-dimensional. Projects as a high impacts scat-back, or a third down back on a SEC or Big Ten level program. low-end, could be a very good G5 to low-end P4 workhorse after adding mass."

Jamarion Parker
Yeah I didn’t see anything inside either.. everything was to the edge.

How so? Brook has a statue. Both are cool tributes to two Husker greats that died way too young. RIP. GBR!!
Kid came from a different era, I doubt anyone on the team or staff even knows of him. It just comes off as them trying too hard to create something special. No disrespect was meant.

Kid came from a different era, I doubt anyone on the team or staff even knows of him. It just comes off as them trying too hard to create something special. No disrespect was meant.
Brook?
The guy with a statue outside stadium with Osborne?

Nikki, this is absurd.

I just hope your rod is smaller diameter than your thumb, or you may still be in trouble.

Otherwise you are just stirring shit.

I think some people (younger?) think Brook was some Rudy like player that was lucky to see the field. When in reality he was 6'4" 218 lbs, ran a 4.69 40 at the combine, and was going to he a first day draft pick.

Reactions: Laner2 and bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT