ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule spring PC -new weight room done. Dylan and Pro Day

As long as “fans” bash him.
Honest take here, and I could be wrong… Kong, you know how polarizing you can be.

I think the reason HH is getting bashed is more of a knee-jerk reaction to your praise of him and the way you torch, in particular, Purdy.

Purdy, to my untrained eye, looked more like a QB than HH. But he had a bad habit of Simsitis at the worst possible times, making him easy fodder for belittling. That certainly cant be ignored. It absolutely matters.

I believe if the games played were reversed and Purdy played those 8 games HH played, he would have had won games as well. 5? Who knows? Maybe, maybe not. But since we can’t do the hypotheticals, all that remains are the current facts, which show HH as clearly the better QB.

You complain about those crapping on HH, all the while you take a huge dump on Purdy even more than those crapping on HH. If you want to see fewer posters crapping on HH, I think lead by example with your posts about Purdy.

Just my 2 cents…

Honest take here, and I could be wrong… Kong, you know how polarizing you can be.

I think the reason HH is getting bashed is more of a knee-jerk reaction to your praise of him and the way you torch, in particular, Purdy.

Purdy, to my untrained eye, looked more like a QB than HH. But he had a bad habit of Simsitis at the worst possible times, making him easy fodder for belittling. That certainly cant be ignored. It absolutely matters.

I believe if the games played were reversed and Purdy played those 8 games HH played, he would have had won games as well. 5? Who knows? Maybe, maybe not. But since we can’t do the hypotheticals, all that remains are the current facts, which show HH as clearly the better QB.

You complain about those crapping on HH, all the while you take a huge dump on Purdy even more than those crapping on HH. If you want to see fewer posters crapping on HH, I think lead by example with your posts about Purdy.

Just my 2 cents…
Purdy never won a game here, pouted and cried like a bitch and then quit.

He deserves to be shit all over. He sucks. Hilariously committed to a lame duck coach the day before he left and now won’t start at Nevada.

I completely agree that HH getting dumped on has everything to do with me and (I hope) very little to do with his personifying what it means to be a Nebraska Cornhusker and everything that’s right about our great state and once great program

Have said as much many, many times

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Purdy never won a game here, pouted and cried like a bitch and then quit.

He deserves to be shit all over. He sucks. Hilariously committed to a lame duck coach the day before he left and now won’t start at Nevada. I’m glad Rhule told him to hit the road.

I completely agree that HH getting dumped on has everything to do with me and (I hope) very little to do with his personifying what it means to be a Nebraska Cornhusker and everything that’s right about our great state and once great program

Have said as much many, many times
Don’t know why I expected any different from you… used to be the fans of this great state thanked the players for playing, no matter how they did.

I loved that about our great state. Not sure why that had to change.

Don’t know why I expected any different from you… used to be the fans of this great state thanked the players for playing, no matter how they did.

It didn’t have to

Now opposing fans come into our house and thank us for playing after they run roughshod over us

Funny how that works

Haarberg winning a few games against crappy competition = winner

Nebraska basketball with 20+ wins this season = losers

?
Fred’s a loser

20 regular season wins is the equivalent to 6 in football

Fred made a bowl game and got blown out

Apologies for not getting on my knees for this “accomplishment”

Reactions: InMotion
Kong has a burning desire to get responses, and the only way he knows how is by being inflammatory. Multiple threads now where he is trolling other posters.

Kong’s biggest fear is that he will post something that no one will respond to. So this is how he operates. Insanely afraid of being irrelevant. I feel bad for him.

Kong, when you want to talk sports without all the flaming and baiting, I’ll happily join in. But only then.

Now is when you probably call me soft or some other name to try to incite me but it won’t work. Have a nice night.

Kong has a burning desire to get responses, and the only way he knows how is by being inflammatory. Multiple threads now where he is trolling other posters.

Kong’s biggest fear is that he will post something that no one will respond to. So this is how he operates. Insanely afraid of being irrelevant. I feel bad for him.

Kong, when you want to talk sports without all the flaming and baiting, I’ll happily join in. But only then.

Now is when you probably call me soft or some other name to try to incite me but it won’t work. Have a nice night.
I don’t think you’re soft, Tim. At least as far as mindset goes.

I like you. There isn’t a single poster here I don’t wish the best for. I like all of you. We are part of the same Husker family.

My thoughts really aren’t all that inflammatory when you boil them down. And I’m extremely consistent.

Championships are the standard. I’m not going to sing kumbaya and join the suckfest while our beloved Huskers remain the worst P5 program in the country.

Reply, don’t reply, I dont care. And I will never change my tune as far as my expectations for the athletic dept are concerned

I like you. There isn’t a single poster here I don’t wish the best for. I like all of you. We are part of the same Husker family.

My thoughts really aren’t all that inflammatory when you boil them down. And I’m extremely consistent.

Championships are the standard. I’m not going to sing kumbaya and join the suckfest while our beloved Huskers remain the worst P5 program in the country.

Reply, don’t reply, I dont care. And I will never change my tune as far as my expectations for the athletic dept are concerned
I agree that expectations for the athletic department need to be high. Where we don’t agree is how we get there. I’m content with the long game and you aren’t, at least, don’t appear to be.

If Rhule and Hoiberg get us there, that’s what I want. I like both of those guys. I think they rep the university well. As a result, I’m naturally gonna be more patient. I am results oriented, but it doesn’t have to be immediate results, as long as we get there.

Two different ways to skin a cat. But what that means is we will be at odds until they either turn the corner or get fired.

I agree that expectations for the athletic department need to be high. Where we don’t agree is how we get there. I’m content with the long game and you aren’t, at least, don’t appear to be.

If Rhule and Hoiberg get us there, that’s what I want. I like both of those guys. I think they rep the university well. As a result, I’m naturally gonna be more patient. I am results oriented, but it doesn’t have to be immediate results, as long as we get there.

Two different ways to skin a cat. But what that means is we will be at odds until they either turn the corner or get fired.
I don’t mind the long game

I do mind a nebulous long game with no end in sight and seemingly no urgency at every level

It’s been 20+ years. 10 really in the crapper.

Hopefully the new AD shares the expectations we have

I don’t mind the long game

I do mind a nebulous long game with no end in sight and seemingly no urgency at every level

It’s been 20+ years. 10 really in the crapper.

Hopefully the new AD shares the expectations we have
Agreed. And I freely admit that I don’t always see the nebulous nature of things. I could improve there.

That said, last year could have and should have been better. If the offense sputters again, I hope Rhule will make the necessary changes to our offensive coaching staff.

Agreed. And I freely admit that I don’t always see the nebulous nature of things. I could improve there.

That said, last year could have and should have been better. If the offense sputters again, I hope Rhule will make the necessary changes to our offensive coaching staff.
They’re all in a contract year

I hope the requisite urgency is applied from administration to NIL to north stadium to the locker room

You have to admit the landscape is different now.
College football is essentially NFL Jr, players are free to come and go, loyalty is only as good as the perceived payout. Hate to say it, but it's likely the staff will still have to recruit Raiola each off-season.

The allure to Haarberg is he succeeded through sheer force of will. He wanted the extra yards, and he wanted to punish people along the way. He won games doing it, and his body gave out.

It felt like for the first time in a long time, there was a guy successfully churning out wins because he was willing to be the most violent player on the team, and it was a fun story that would seem to run parallel with the ethos of Nebraska football.

Purdy was just another guy. Looked talented on paper, fumbled it away when we most needed it. Was he the worst of them? Idk, hard to say. All I know is I've seen enough of it and I'd hope everyone else has too

College football is essentially NFL Jr, players are free to come and go, loyalty is only as good as the perceived payout. Hate to say it, but it's likely the staff will still have to recruit Raiola each off-season.

The allure to Haarberg is he succeeded through sheer force of will. He wanted the extra yards, and he wanted to punish people along the way. He won games doing it, and his body gave out.

It felt like for the first time in a long time, there was a guy successfully churning out wins because he was willing to be the most violent player on the team, and it was a fun story that would seem to run parallel with the ethos of Nebraska football.

Purdy was just another guy. Looked talented on paper, fumbled it away when we most needed it. Was he the worst of them? Idk, hard to say. All I know is I've seen enough of it and I'd hope everyone else has too
Absolutely things have changed. And Nebraska hasn’t adapted. Frost was supposed to be the guy who would bring it all back. He was spectacularly unprepared and not up to the task. Rhule at least says the right things and seems to be doing the right things in practice… just waiting for it to translate on the field.

Loved Haarberg’s determination. Need more of that across the board. Seems like we are getting there, but need to get there at key positions as well. Hoping we see it at QB this fall with DR.

Fred’s a loser

20 regular season wins is the equivalent to 6 in football

Fred made a bowl game and got blown out

Apologies for not getting on my knees for this “accomplishment”
20 plus wins in basketball is the same as 6 in football? Thats rediculous.

Championships are the standard or else you suck? Also ridiculous.
We’re not going to be winning championships immediately. What you saw in basketball was a huge improvement and step in the right direction but you continue to pull his record since he’s been here, ignoring the fact that he has clearly grown as a coach and seemed to turn a corner this year.

If championships are the standard than I still don’t understand your obsession with Haarberg.

Championships or loser. Certainly there is a in-between where a team can have a successful season where they don’t have to wear the loser-belt of shame without a championship ring?

Considering the past several years of basketball making the tournament was certainly a legit step of success. Not saying Fred is the next Dean Smith but there’s a level of success met this season. If he follows it up with a bottom 3 finish in the B1G next year we will know it was smoke and mirrors.

Last year there was little success in record for the football team - but I think the attitude of the team and culture was better. Not hanging my hat on that by any means as there was zero reason we should not have at least gone to a bowl game. But if this year we win 8 games and go bowling that would be a sign of success - not the finish line by any means but a step closer to where we want to be.

I’m not saying I would be satisfied long term with that level but I would be in 2024. If it’s championships or another year of vitriol from Kong we better buckle in for a tough year.

I tend to lean with Giannis on this one …

Reactions: HuskerO and wkato

Huge difference. NFL players can't come and go. Most can't anyway.

I think I would like to see that tweaked first

Reactions: timnsun
20 plus wins in basketball is the same as 6 in football? Thats rediculous.

Championships are the standard or else you suck? Also ridiculous.
We’re not going to be winning championships immediately. What you saw in basketball was a huge improvement and step in the right direction but you continue to pull his record since he’s been here, ignoring the fact that he has clearly grown as a coach and seemed to turn a corner this year.

If championships are the standard than I still don’t understand your obsession with Haarberg.
They play 3x the games in hoops

Obviously

You saw a step in the right direction, I saw a repeat of 2013. Smoke and mirrors season where basically everything that could broke our way.

What Fred does next year will determine whether he’s “grown as a coach”

Also obviously

We are so desperate for any semblance of success we’ve forgotten the definition of it

He had 0 game winning drives, that's why I made the distinction between last couple.

Winners show up when winning is do or die. Purdy never has and never will be a winner at high level football. He'll be selling insurance in a few years
His sample size was extremely small. I liked the skill set he exhibited the best of the 3 options we had at QB by far. I kept hearing a couple of experts on here say he couldn't run......ignorance. Considering how little he played I'm not going to trash him for a couple of brain farts at crunch time. Unfortunately all of these young QBs watch Mahommes and think they can make the same plays. Eat the ball or pull it down and run to live for another play has to be learned the hard way apparently.

His sample size was extremely small. I liked the skill set he exhibited the best of the 3 options we had at QB by far. I kept hearing a couple of experts on here say he couldn't run......ignorance. Considering how little he played I'm not going to trash him for a couple of brain farts at crunch time. Unfortunately all of these young QBs watch Mahommes and think they can make the same plays. Eat the ball or pull it down and run to live for another play has to be learned the hard way apparently.
3 games in a row with game-ending interceptions is a big enough sample size. any thought otherwise means you're content with moral victories and losing, so long as there's sprinkles on the ice cream after.

3 games in a row with game-ending interceptions is a big enough sample size. any thought otherwise means you're content with moral victories and losing, so long as there's sprinkles on the ice cream after.
purdy played in 12 games at NU, started 4

5 total TD, 8 total turnovers

I am still laughing at being called "unobjective" by the poster whose unabashed blind love for purdy saw him drive his entire family to Lincoln just to watch him shit down his leg against iowa, sob uncontrollably on the bench and then dodge media questions

purdy played in 12 games at NU, started 4

5 total TD, 8 total turnovers

I am still laughing at being called "unobjective" by the poster whose unabashed blind love for purdy saw him drive his entire family to Lincoln just to watch him shit down his leg against iowa, sob uncontrollably on the bench and then dodge media questions
How long you going to beat the dead horse ?
This is day two of spring ball..
😵‍💫🔫

Reactions: king_kong_
Purdy was absolutely terrible and each time you dig your heels in you remind the board why you shouldnt be taken seriously.

Now that is a good question.

I gotta think Haarberg stays ahead of Kaelin though, and hopefully Kaelin redshirts.
I think some of this will depend on who fits the scheme we are running. Once Simms showed his true colors - the staff had to audible to play to HH’s strengths. I’m assuming if there are two capable passers who have similar strengths the staff will look to continuity of play calling and go with the person that best fits the offense.

Hopefully HH has made strides in the passing game since last year - if that’s the case I hope he is our #2 so DK can redshirt. If not I think DK will get the nod to allow the offense to mostly remain consistent.

I still hope we see HH plenty this season in RPO packages. I would love to see it in situations where it makes sense.

Purdy was absolutely terrible and each time you dig your heels in you remind the board why you shouldnt be taken seriously.
He was the best we had from a skill set standpoint . He made some bad mistakes that given first team practice reps and more experience he might not have repeated. Our QB room would have had better depth if he had stayed. Some of us can evaluate players objectively. Others trash young guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT