ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule spring PC -new weight room done. Dylan and Pro Day

He got Dylan, which is why he was retained. Good on him.

“Improved OL play” is subjective. The people who know football here like @PeliniTheCrutch disagree.

And I have yet to see any objective single metric that proves it
He got an extension and new contract prior to Dylan committing if I recall.

Objective number?? Uhhhhh, did you see our yards per carry number? I believe that went up by about a full YARD this season.

And we had two all conference players. Haven’t had that in a bit.

Should I go on?

Reactions: dinglefritz
He got an extension and new contract prior to Dylan committing if I recall.

Objective number?? Uhhhhh, did you see our yards per carry number? I believe that went up by about a full YARD this season.

And we had two all conference players. Haven’t had that in a bit.

Should I go on?
before the public announcement, sure. before the commitment? doubt it

ypc increase can be attributed entirely to the QB run game, scrambles included

take the qb runs out for an apples to apples comp to the year prior, there was no improvement

honorable mention all-conference is something to hang your hat on these days? sounds about right

Reactions: Chuck003
You didn't "uncover" anything. I told you about how HBK (and others) help me rid the board of trolls from outside the state who have created now upwards of 200 usernames to try to come and start sh*t with Husker fans. But in your usual "fail to comprehend basic things" way, you like to pretend I told you he's my super special informant on everyone.

He literally only ever tells me about guys like RedMich (and his 50 screennames) and others like him. Honestly if you care about this board you should too.
Bump for pascal.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
don't forget purdy

without Haarberg's legs, we'd have averaged less than 4 ypc

yea yea yea no pass threat blah blah blah

if the coaches were caught by surprise by HH's performance in the passing game, it's on them

the people here who know way more than me about football aren't buying the "improved OL play" stuff, either. we couldn't run the ball for shit when we needed to.

Don did his job getting his nephew here. now we'll see if he can keep him upright. I'm glad Rhule only extended him 1 year.
You’re the one that can’t forget Purdy. I think most of us have moved on. All the QBs were incredibly bad last year. Time to move on.
Better things to come this year.

Sometimes I forget on how bad Jeff Sims was last year. How did that dude start for 2 D1 teams?
Georgia Tech fans said that the Jeff Sims they saw here was way worse than who he was there. South Carolina fans then chimed into say it was because of Satterfield.

That's why I'm glad Rhule brought in some extra help on his offensive staff.

I'm not going to fact check this but if true I had no idea....I did believe Purdy was the best QB on our roster though.
It’s true

Very few designed runs, mostly scrambling scared shitless the second the ball touched his hands at the snap

Volume also matters, and Haarberg was our leading rusher for the year despite missing the better part of 5 games

Those numbers are what buoyed our YPC this year, not “improved line play”

One of these guys better take the job and run with it

And Barthel is officially on notice

every asst coach on offense is in the final year of their contract. Go earn something for once!
I'm not in a position to put any coach on notice, but I've been less than impressed with the RB coach.
So far, no one has found a way to keep Ervin healthy, Rahmir was banged up, and frankly Johnson kept getting better
the more snaps he got.

But, this used to be RB University, and we need studs to want to play here again. You don't get studs by spreading that ball around to the backs with 12, 14 carries a game.

I'm not in a position to put any coach on notice, but I've been less than impressed with the RB coach.
So far, no one has found a way to keep Ervin healthy, Rahmir was banged up, and frankly Johnson kept getting better
the more snaps he got.

But, this used to be RB University, and we need studs to want to play here again. You don't get studs by spreading that ball around to the backs with 12, 14 carries a game.
If we had a stud RB, I’m pretty sure they would stick him. Haven’t had a stud, or even a good RB in awhile. Hopefully the kid from Oregon and Emmitt change our RB fortunes.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Except at the end of games, when it mattered.

You are free to disagree of course....and i'm glad we overhauled that room...but we didn't have anyone on the roster capable of playing that position at a high level for 4 qtrs...but if everyone had transferred, Purdy would have easily the best options to land between all 3....I know only two left, and I wish HH the best but am also hoping he never touches the ball as a QB for us again, sans a wildcat kind of play here or there.

Last edited:
He got Dylan, which is why he was retained. Good on him.

“Improved OL play” is subjective. The people who know football here like @PeliniTheCrutch disagree.

And I have yet to see any objective single metric that proves it
I personally think Raiola is a very good OL coach. I want to see more of a nastiness in the way they approach the game.

Now that Dylan is in the fold, and protecting him will be critical, I can imagine his old man might be in Donovan's ear about turning up the intensity in that OL. Could be wrong.

I saw plenty of nastiness from the Baylor/Florida transfer to know he should bring some aggressiveness. The same thing with Scott at center other than a couple of bonehead penalties. Now we need to find a way to get that "teddy bear"
softness out of Teddy, Corc, Benhart and that attitude can flow throughout the team.

Barring injuries, no reason this can't be NU's most productive OL in many, many years.

Last edited:
It’s true

Very few designed runs, mostly scrambling scared shitless the second the ball touched his hands at the snap

Volume also matters, and Haarberg was our leading rusher for the year despite missing the better part of 5 games

Those numbers are what buoyed our YPC this year, not “improved line play”
Yep. Our worst ypc rusher with over 5 attempts is who “improved” the ypc number… 🤡

Reactions: OzzyLvr
i had fun when HH was winning games. didn't have fun when he contributed to losses like the Michigan State game. i had exactly 0 fun with Purdy & Sims since they contributed meaningfully to 0 wins.

for some odd reason, this mindset is met antagonistically. seems to be borne of an inability to believe Rhule's original depth chart wasn't flawless.

hopefully Raiola is the catalyst for more fun wins.

Refresh my memory, which QB in that room was able to finish the game when it mattered?
we had just one single QB win a game for us last year.

and he's the only one the coaching staff asked to remain on the team.

not surprisingly, he's also the one every know-nothing here never misses a chance to shit all over.

I'm looking forward to watching him compete with DR in the spring and beyond.

we had just one single QB win a game for us last year.

and he's the only one the coaching staff asked to remain on the team.

not surprisingly, he's also the one every know-nothing here never misses a chance to shit all over.

I'm looking forward to watching him compete with DR in the spring and beyond.
Why did you leave off competing with Daniel Kaelin? he has more upside that HH..

Why did you leave off competing with Daniel Kaelin? he has more upside that HH..
I take the word of people who know much more football than me who say he's just a guy and is a long, long way from playing if he ever plays at all at this level.

he will (and should) redshirt.

Except at the end of games, when it mattered.
against decent competition Purdy at least got us in to position to have a chance to win at the end of the game. Considering he was put in the game after running the scout team all week instead of our own offense that’s pretty amazing. I expect him do well at Nevada or wherever the hell he ended up.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
against decent competition Purdy at least got us in to position to have a chance to win at the end of the game. Considering he was put in the game after running the scout team all week instead of our own offense that’s pretty amazing. I expect him do well at Nevada or wherever the hell he ended up.
he won't start at nevada

"pretty amazing"

LMAO

I take the word of people who know much more football than me who say he's just a guy and is a long, long way from playing if he ever plays at all at this level.

he will (and should) redshirt.
Be as it may Dylan and Daniel we throwing passes for Nebraska Pro day..
Didn’t see no hair or Hyde of HH in the video throwing..

Sure Kaelin will redshirt and mostly likely will unless some thing unfortunate happens to Dylan.

Be as it may Dylan and Daniel we throwing passes for Nebraska Pro day..
Didn’t see no hair or Hyde of HH in the video throwing..

Sure Kaelin will redshirt and mostly likely will unless some thing unfortunate happens to Dylan.
I'm looking forward to a QB room full of competitors and they all make each other and the team better

unlike last year's 2 quitter losers Haarberg had to carry all season

He led some damned nice scoring drives. You’re such a fair weather unobjective fan. Back on ignore.
1 long run, 2 long passes are the entirety of touchdown "drives" he led in 2+ games.

you're right, though. I'm the unobjective one.

No. It’s called objectively evaluating somebody’s play. He made some costly late game mistakes. We would have won more games with him starting instead of Sims IMO.
purdy and sims started the exact same amount of games

neither won a single one. objectively speaking, of course.

thank goodness both are outta here.

purdy and sims started the exact same amount of games

neither won a single one. objectively speaking, of course.

thank goodness both are outta here.
At least we got rid of 2 guys who had the tendency to mess up at the worst possible time.

Right now, NU has 1 known commodity at QB, and 2 unknowns. We've seen enough of HH to know what he brings to the table, IMO the more he played, the more his game was exposed and taken away by the defenses. He took a physical beating last year.

I look forward to the spring game so we can get a glimpse of what may be in store at the position. Maybe our expectations are raised, maybe they're lowered. No reason this team should not be markedly improved overall.

At least we got rid of 2 guys who had the tendency to mess up at the worst possible time.

Right now, NU has 1 known commodity at QB, and 2 unknowns. We've seen enough of HH to know what he brings to the table, IMO the more he played, the more his game was exposed and taken away by the defenses. He took a physical beating last year.

I look forward to the spring game so we can get a glimpse of what may be in store at the position. Maybe our expectations are raised, maybe they're lowered. No reason this team should not be markedly improved overall.
HH was just as bad as the other two. We thank all who did their best. Thankfully, we have two P5 QB recruits to choose from this time. If I was forced to pick from the 3 stooges, I'd have chosen Purdy to stay. HH has done everything that was asked of him. I wish him well at TE, where he belongs. He'll be like Turman. There is you need him.

No. It’s called objectively evaluating somebody’s play. He made some costly late game mistakes. We would have won more games with him starting instead of Sims IMO.
He objectively lost, the hair splitting is irrelevant.

The last couple drives are the most important in football. HH had a few good ones, Purdy and Sims had zero.

He objectively lost, the hair splitting is irrelevant.

The last couple drives are the most important in football. HH had a few good ones, Purdy and Sims had zero.
That’s not accurate. Purdy had multiple good drives but you do you.

That’s not accurate. Purdy had multiple good drives but you do you.
He had 0 game winning drives, that's why I made the distinction between last couple.

Winners show up when winning is do or die. Purdy never has and never will be a winner at high level football. He'll be selling insurance in a few years

Reactions: Frozone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT