ADVERTISEMENT

Review of the new football recruits TODAY at Holy Ghost...

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Thursday, Feb. 13, Nate Clouse is scheduled to speak and take questions (maybe show video) about the fresh new group of football recruits. Starts at 7pm, doors open at 5pm. Be sure and get there early as parking and seating is limited. Carpooling is highly encouraged. 8 bucks to get in, 4 dollars for kids under 12. Food and drink available. Church located at S.52nd & 'Q' sts. in south Omaha. See you there.

Thanks Husker Online.

Last edited:
Per another site, I read these interesting insights mentioned.

1. Adrian hurt his throwing shoulder and his knee. He also came to camp a little overweight so thats why he was slower last year. His shoulder injury was much more serious than his knee injury.

2. The two coaches who left really struggled with recruiting, WR's didn't develop under Walters.

3. Pickering injured his hip messing around at the golf course and trying the happy gilmore swing. Frost was pissed at him.

4. Marvin Scott Jr. is gonna get minutes this year.

5. Betts needs to raise his ACT score.

6. Manning has big ass hands.

1. Adrian hurt his throwing shoulder and his knee. He also came to camp a little overweight so thats why he was slower last year. His shoulder injury was much more serious than his knee injury.

2. The two coaches who left really struggled with recruiting, WR's didn't develop under Walters.

3. Pickering injured his hip messing around at the golf course and trying the happy gilmore swing. Frost was pissed at him.

Some of us didn’t know if it was his throwing shoulder or the other shoulder....

If for fact that it was his throwing shoulder then that would explain why he performed the way he did in many of the games he played in and some of the play calling..

Be nice to see him get back to the weight he was closer to as a Freshman too..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Some of us didn’t know if it was his throwing shoulder or the other shoulder....

If for fact that it was his throwing shoulder then that would explain why he performed the way he did in many of the games he played in and some of the play calling..

Yeah I thought the shoulder thing was non-throwing arm.... but if it was the throwing arm, that gives me more hope for him if he can get healthy and also improve his decision making.

I think some of his playing overweight was the coaches and strength staff. I think everyone thought he needed to be heavier to withstand grind. Turned out he was playing at weight not comfortable at

Reactions: scarletred
I think some of his playing overweight was the coaches and strength staff. I think everyone thought he needed to be heavier to withstand grind. Turned out he was playing at weight not comfortable at

I when strength staffs do this, Bo’s did it all the time. We take guys who’s greatest strength is speed and quickness and bulk them up so much they slow down. AM’s quickness was one of his greatest assets, look at his first TD run last year, looked like a different guy.

Reactions: CatColumbia

I think it would have been better for everyone concerned if Adrian and Frost had admitted that Martinez hurt his throwing shoulder and knee when it happened. Yes, I know there are privacy concerns and worries about opponents getting too much information but I also think it is cruel for Adrian to have to be subjected to all the fan disappointment for his poor performance without fans knowing all the facts.

That said, I hope Adrian is back to his freshman self this coming season and not yet another one of those super players who has had his career ruined by being unable to fully recover from an injury.

So Adrian had shoulder surgery correct?
Wonder what prognosis for this type of surgery is?
Or where AM is at with recovery/PT?

I think it would have been better for everyone concerned if Adrian and Frost had admitted that Martinez hurt his throwing shoulder and knee when it happened. Yes, I know there are privacy concerns and worries about opponents getting too much information but I also think it is cruel for Adrian to have to be subjected to all the fan disappointment for his poor performance without fans knowing all the facts.

That said, I hope Adrian is back to his freshman self this coming season and not yet another one of those super players who has had his career ruined by being unable to fully recover from an injury.

A hurt shoulder doesn't make you lock on a single receiver.

A hurt shoulder doesn't make you lock on a single receiver.
And it continues… hey everybody, the sooner you admit Adrian sucks, the sooner this board can be at peace. Am I right?

Just waiting for someone to come in and express doubt that Frost has an open QB competition this spring and fall… That’s sure to come next.

Pickering also didn’t take treatment/rehab seriously. This ain’t intramurals and there are plenty of dudes who would die for that scholly. He needs to be gone like yesterday.

Reactions: BroskiRed
And it continues… hey everybody, the sooner you admit Adrian sucks, the sooner this board can be at peace. Am I right?

Just waiting for someone to come in and express doubt that Frost has an open QB competition this spring and fall… That’s sure to come next.[/QUOTE

Stating facts isn't saying he sucks but continue with YOUR narrative.

@Huskers_Rule I love how you say an injured shoulder doesn’t cause him to lock in on one player, but then an hour later you say the loss of Stanley and no one stepping up didn’t help either.

So you’re saying he doesn’t suck? If you had said that from the start I wouldn’t have posted at all. I would have agreed with you.

Just waiting for someone to come in and express doubt that Frost has an open QB competition this spring and fall… That’s sure to come next.
But Adrian was good freshman year. Explain that. That is why I give him the benefit of doubt in regard to injury being reason for poor play. Also the wr position was pathetic JD spielman, Wandale Robinson and then nothing. And protection was horrible. Bottom line Adrian is the best we have and when receivers get better and line improves qb play will improve. There is a reason why qb run game was most consistent play run. And remember vedral got injured in both starts and missed time and Mccaffery got hurt in his most extended action

But Adrian was good freshman year. Explain that. That is why I give him the benefit of doubt in regard to injury being reason for poor play. Also the wr position was pathetic JD spielman, Wandale Robinson and then nothing. And protection was horrible. Bottom line Adrian is the best we have and when receivers get better and line improves qb play will improve. There is a reason why qb run game was most consistent play run. And remember vedral got injured in both starts and missed time and Mccaffery got hurt in his most extended action
You’re preaching to the choir. I am totally of the opinion that AM can be great again. What I was agreeing with HR about is that AM may have locked in on JD because there wasn’t much else.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
You’re preaching to the choir. I am totally of the opinion that AM can be great again. What I was agreeing with HR about is that AM may have locked in on JD because there wasn’t much else.
And for those that say an injured shoulder doesnt affect decision making it can. If he isn’t confident he can make a throw then he is either late going there or tries to force it in elsewhere. In addition if there is pain ur avoiding contact in running game. Not to say absolutely that that is what was going on, but possible .

And for those that say an injured shoulder doesnt affect decision making it can. If he isn’t confident he can make a throw then he is either late going there or tries to force it in elsewhere. In addition if there is pain ur avoiding contact in running game. Not to say absolutely that that is what was going on, but possible .
Again, we’re on the same page.

Again, we’re on the same page.
I figured so. Just amazed me how quick people were to call him a heisman contender and then so quick to turn on him when he fails to meet expectations. Even his performance as a freshman has been discounted and use the 4-7 record as a starter that season against him. Now I’m all completion and playing the top guy, but I trust the coaches to make that decision regardless of who it is.

Look how fast and quick AM looked as a Freshman before the injuries and extra weight.

Also, at this throw, this is what we need back!

Reactions: timnsun
Yeah I thought the shoulder thing was non-throwing arm.... but if it was the throwing arm, that gives me more hope for him if he can get healthy and also improve his decision making.
I thought the non throwing shoulder is the one he injured in HS.

Reactions: Larry51
If Adrian was as hurt as it appears; I definitely think that information should have been managed better in order to take some heat off of AM last season. I get keeping everything secret as another facet of competitive advantage, but in this case it could’ve helped a young QB getting a lot of garbage from our Uncle Rico fans.

Reactions: timnsun
I’d have to also ask how hurt was he at season end when he started against Purdue, Maryland and iowa?

Thanks for the summary. Any more news on the incoming recruits?

Against Purdue he was beyond awful. I remember yelling at my TV questioning Frost for not benching him. Later found out that both Vedral and McCaffrey were out.

Did McCaffery get hurt in the Indiana game? and what was his injury.. Can’t remember..

Also 2AM played at times better in the Wisconsin game..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT