ADVERTISEMENT

Rest of the schedule

Illinois should be easy to run on, wasn't Kansas averaging nearly 7 ypc?

Rutgers is actually a scary team, and USC is shaping up to be an automatic loss. Riley had Rhule's number in the Big 12.

I will be pretty disappointed if we lose to Wisconsin or Iowa.

Illinois should be easy to run on, wasn't Kansas averaging nearly 7 ypc?

Rutgers is actually a scary team, and USC is shaping up to be an automatic loss. Riley had Rhule's number in the Big 12.

I will be pretty disappointed if we lose to Wisconsin or Iowa.
Rhule only lost by more than 8 to Oklahoma 1 of the 3 years. Including losing by 8 when Baylor won 1 game.

Not saying Nebraska will win but still...

ESPN matchup predictor currently has NU a fairly decisive favorite in all games except OSU, USC, and Indiana(!!). The Hoosiers are a 70% fave. Iowa is 50.2 - 49.8, so basically a toss up.

Reactions: Laner2
Rhule only lost by more than 8 to Oklahoma 1 of the 3 years. Including losing by 8 when Baylor won 1 game.

Not saying Nebraska will win but still...
difference is Lincoln Riley looks like he figured out he needed to get a defense together. they were swiss cheese at Oklahoma.

I see that 11 AM game at Purdue, coming off three straight night games in Lincoln, as a classic trap game.
I don’t know about trap games, more so matchup problems. We don’t have any glaring weakness on either side of the ball that teams like Purdue can exploit. USC and Ohio State will match or exceeded our skill and athleticism. In games like that, you hope to limit mistakes and still execute your game plan

Reactions: headcard
I will take the pessimistic side until we make a bowl game. Every game is losable. The offense scored 21 points, 7 off of a tipped pass that should have been an INT. So we basically scored the same amount of points this year as last against Colorado. Most of the penalties were accurate and weren't an act of nature, just bad football. The offense SHOULD get better every week, but if there is a coach that can take a 5 star qb and make him into a mess it is SATT, as evidenced by all of our qbs getting worse the longer they played last year. Something obviously off with how SATT teaches, or prepares the offense...the team just slowly unwinds into a mess repeatedly. Everybody knew the moment he was hired that Rhule would either fired him or go down with him. Defense is good but we don't have a kicking game, special teams are pretty bad...so it would much more sense we win 6 games, lose a ton of close games, get blown out twice. Now if the offense grows as it should, alvano becomes reliable, Dylan stays healthy, and we find a reliable deep threat on offense we could win 8-10...the back to back road games are a killer, almost always end up in two Ls, and the November schedule sucks..win 6 and beat Iowa is victory.

Reactions: InMotion
I will take the pessimistic side until we make a bowl game. Every game is losable. The offense scored 21 points, 7 off of a tipped pass that should have been an INT. So we basically scored the same amount of points this year as last against Colorado. Most of the penalties were accurate and weren't an act of nature, just bad football. The offense SHOULD get better every week, but if there is a coach that can take a 5 star qb and make him into a mess it is SATT, as evidenced by all of our qbs getting worse the longer they played last year. Something obviously off with how SATT teaches, or prepares the offense...the team just slowly unwinds into a mess repeatedly. Everybody knew the moment he was hired that Rhule would either fired him or go down with him. Defense is good but we don't have a kicking game, special teams are pretty bad...so it would much more sense we win 6 games, lose a ton of close games, get blown out twice.
Nailed it. Good post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT