ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Hosts Announced

@RobsterMobster @HuskerFan31

If you guys find out the baseball forum is free, please let me know. I see your posts over there but can't reply. I know, I know, $1 for a year. Still though, it's free here.
I’m working with Mike to see what he can do as my assumption is they are assumed to be premium boards unless configured not to be.

Regardless, I’ll stay present on this board as it is free and I do enjoy it. I guess we will see how the new staff handles Husker Baseball though.

It's only $1. Don't know if they plan to make it free (I hope they do)

I vote for staying here. I wouldn’t care about $1.00 but I hate changing bookmarks!
This makes me laugh a lot haha

Charge me whatever but don't make me change a bookmark on my computer haha 😂

Not making fun just enjoying that

On3 Nebraska is currently $1.00 for the FIRST year. $99.99 per year or $9.99 per month after that.

Conference standings can't matter. Wait, it depends on the year to fit their narrative against others. They finished 9-11-1 in a TERRIBLE conference in 2022. 3rd place, while going 1-2 in their conference tournament. Brutal. Zero justification they're in the tournament regardless what their (needs revamped) SOS &/or RPI is. 9-11-1 in a conference this season that's an auto-bid conference only.

I haven't put the time in to map out major baseball programs within a 4-hour drive to Piscataway. Or other conferences travel to the area on the weekend where they can tie skmething in (see Oral Roberts playing Omaha on the weekend, staying Monday night in Lincoln for a Tuesday game then leaving for Brookings for a Thur-Sat series. This is tough though, maybe it happened since school was out for them). Weekday competition could be out of their hands, like it is for Minnesota.

Better RPI? It needs reworked. Crazy how scheduling 2 teams like Nebraska & Florida State, both predicted to win their respective conference, ended up hurting an RPI. Why? Because those 2 teams didn't hold up "their end of the bargain"!? This is TCU - they're penalized for this while winning the B12. All while DBU sucks in the MoValley. :rolleyes:
Three of the teams I had the biggest issue with getting at-large bids (Grand Canyon, Dallas Baptist, and Liberty) all went 2 and 'que. There's obviously no way to know what Rutgers would have done, but Maryland and Michigan are in Regional finals...

Three of the teams I had the biggest issue with getting at-large bids (Grand Canyon, Dallas Baptist, and Liberty) all went 2 and 'que. There's obviously no way to know what Rutgers would have done, but Maryland and Michigan are in Regional finals...
DBU went 2 and 'que. I mean, hey, at least it rhymes.

Review at 2B in the Michigan game not overturned is absurd. Dudes left fingers bent backwards on the tag. Instead of 3 outs, the Ville scores 4 to take an 11-9 lead going to T9.

Brutal they didn't overturn the call.

Review at 2B in the Michigan game not overturned is absurd. Dudes left fingers bent backwards on the tag. Instead of 3 outs, the Ville scores 4 to take an 11-9 lead going to T9.

Brutal they didn't overturn the call.
Bad call on the field, even worse on the non-overturn. To top it off they squeezed the Michigan pitcher, even the batter thought he struck out before that homer.

Big Ten's postseason might be coming to an end. Maryland goes up 1-0 on a leadoff HR, but then in the bottom of the first UConn plates six runs on 4 walks, a HBP and a grand slam. Yikes - six runs on one hit.

Big Ten's postseason might be coming to an end. Maryland goes up 1-0 on a leadoff HR, but then in the bottom of the first UConn plates six runs on 4 walks, a HBP and a grand slam. Yikes - six runs on one hit.
If there's one thing I've learned during this first weekend of the tournament, it's this: No lead is safe.

If there's one thing I've learned during this first weekend of the tournament, it's this: No lead is safe.
I have also learned I hate that all the games--and the whiparound channel--that used to be on ESPN3 are now on ESPN+.

I have also learned I hate that all the games--and the whiparound channel--that used to be on ESPN3 are now on ESPN+.
Yeah that sucks. And then I read too late that today's Louisville-Michigan game was on the ESPN app. Would have watched part of that had I known, but I had given up on any of the games being on the app.

Oh that's definitely true, but the Terps don't seem to have any arms left.

Maybe UConn doesn't either, but Larry Mondello of Leave it to Beaver fame is putting up a pretty good outing so far.

Yeah that sucks. And then I read too late that today's Louisville-Michigan game was on the ESPN app. Would have watched part of that had I known, but I had given up on any of the games being on the app.
I believe the entire postseason is on the app and/or TV.

I believe the entire postseason is on the app and/or TV.
On Sunday I could not find any games on the app that weren't already on ESPNU or ESPN2. They were limited to ESPN+.

I should have probably done a free ESPN+ trial when the regionals started, but I guess I was expecting them to be on the app.

On Sunday I could not find any games on the app that weren't already on ESPNU or ESPN2. They were limited to ESPN+.

I should have probably done a free ESPN+ trial when the regionals started, but I guess I was expecting them to be on the app.
I must have misread it then, I thought they had all the games on there for free. As I typed that last sentence it dawned on me that Disney doesn't do anything for free...

You may have experienced an error or were looking in the wrong section of the app (that’s especially easy to do on the smart TV version of the app—it’s happened to me more than once). All ESPN live content is available via the ESPN app or at espn.com/watch.

Sadly, free trials of ESPN+ are no longer available. I think they stopped offering them less than six months after it launched.

Last edited:
I must have misread it then, I thought they had all the games on there for free. As I typed that last sentence it dawned on me that Disney doesn't do anything for free...
Fortunately, all super regionals games are on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU.

ESPN referred to the East Carolina HR that Texas bobbled over the fence as “controversial.”

Why? Because it happened to Texas?

Last edited:
Glad to see Tennessee got what they deserved (game 1, Vol player dropped 2 f-bombs on the ump for calling a low strike after being warned 2-3 innings prior to tone down his mouth, got ejected, UT fans proceeded to throw crap on the field, then took to Twitter to declare him a victim, but glorious Vol victory was inevitable, etc lol). Too bad it was Notre Dame but oh well.

Reactions: sklarbodds
I’m working with Mike to see what he can do as my assumption is they are assumed to be premium boards unless configured not to be.

Regardless, I’ll stay present on this board as it is free and I do enjoy it. I guess we will see how the new staff handles Husker Baseball though.
My fears have been realized on the new staff's baseball "coverage"

ADVERTISEMENT