ADVERTISEMENT

Refs didn't get the memo for OSU - Oregon game?

Landomatic

Junior
Nov 11, 2022
Does that game put to bed the conspiracy theory? OG B1G highly rated undefeated darling against the noobie. Game certainly close enough for the refs to impact the outcome without raising many eyebrows. If ever there was a setup for it, it was that game. Is it possible the B1G just has shite refs across the board and sometimes we're on the short end and sometimes others are? I was actually starting to buy into the conspiracy, but that OSU/OU game last night pretty much shot it all to hell.

Does that game put to bed the conspiracy theory? OG B1G highly rated undefeated darling against the noobie. Game certainly close enough for the refs to impact the outcome without raising many eyebrows. If ever there was a setup for it, it was that game. Is it possible the B1G just has shite refs across the board and sometimes we're on the short end and sometimes others are? I was actually starting to buy into the conspiracy, but that OSU/OU game last night pretty much shot it all to hell.
Is it true that Oregon had 12 men on the field deliberately yesterday at the end of the game in order to run 10 seconds off the clock which was not restored. The 10 second runoff was more valuable than the 5 yard penalty. If so, that was a great cheat code

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Is it true that Oregon had 12 men on the field deliberately yesterday at the end of the game in order to run 10 seconds off the clock which was not restored. The 10 second runoff was more valuable than the 5 yard penalty. If so, that was a great cheat code

Hadn't heard that was done on purpose but regardless, I thought OSU could decline it and save the 10 seconds if they wanted to but didn't?

It is a flawed rule but I don’t think the clock resets in any circumstance. Oregon put 12 out there with 10 seconds to avoid a big play and let the clock run.
I think the Giants did the same thing to the patriots years ago

A 5 yard penalty in exchange for 4 seconds in that situation

Last edited:
They would have got those back? Day is going to get blasted for that for sure.

Yeah, I tried to go back and find it, but I couldn't. Must not have been a scew up on OSU's part or we'd be hearing a lot more about it. I have no clue how that rule works. I don't think the announcers did either, because it seemed like they kind of brushed over all of it.

At any rate, if Oregon did it on purpose to exploit a flawed rule, Lanning is playing chess. Most coaches (including ours) can't even manage basic end of game clock situations.

Last edited:
At any rate, if Oregon did it on purpose to exploit a flawed rule, Lanning is playing chess.
Absolute masterclass if intentional. Then seeing Day lose his mind about it when they did it on purpose to lose the time from the play would be a chef’s kiss.

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Yeah, I tried to go back and find it, but I couldn't. I don't know how that rule works. Must not have been a scew up on OSU's part or we'd be hearing a lot more about it. I have no clue how that rule works. I don't think the announcers did either, because it seemed like they kind of brushed over all of it.

At any rate, if Oregon did it on purpose to exploit a flawed rule, Lanning is playing chess. Most coaches (including ours) can't even manage basic end of game clock situations.
The announcers asked a review official during the game for the ruling, but it sounded like mud soup and went over my head. Either way, tOSU got caught with their pants down, coaches and prayers, and it cost them.

Refs were definitely helping the buckeyes early. The “catch” onn the first drive was absurd. Stopping play to see if Oregon stepped out of bounds on the long pass play was absurd as well. But the officials couldn’t do anything about Ohio state not being able to run with the Oregon wr’s. They had no answer for oregons speed and offensive balance.

Refs were definitely helping the buckeyes early. The “catch” onn the first drive was absurd. Stopping play to see if Oregon stepped out of bounds on the long pass play was absurd as well. But the officials couldn’t do anything about Ohio state not being able to run with the Oregon wr’s. They had no answer for oregons speed and offensive balance.

Yeah, but that's kinda my point. It just proves a couple crappy calls and that's it. If they really wanted to have OSU win, they could have made a couple more crappy calls/no calls easily.

The announcers asked a review official during the game for the ruling, but it sounded like mud soup and went over my head. Either way, tOSU got caught with their pants down, coaches and prayers, and it cost them.

Hahaha glad I'm not the only one

How does that game “put to bed” what we have seen happen in the past? Did all the other B1G screw jobs just not happen now?

So all the times we have seen it with our own eyes, time and time again. All the times Nebraska was blatantly robbed, now means nothing because Oregon over came their bad calls and wasn’t cheated at the very end of their game last night?

That’s some interesting logic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT