Recruiting Recruiting trail happenings - Wednesday 11/28 ***Updated 11:40pm***

Nate Clouse

Nebraska Legend
Staff
Feb 14, 2012
Lincoln, Neb.
DmNzkBsU8AAwYEA.jpg

DmNzkBuU4AA1feL.jpg

Omaha Burke teammates and Nebraska commits Nick Henrich and Chris Hickman tell me Huskers inside linebackers coach Barrett Ruud will be by to do in-home visits with them tomorrow night.

(Nate)
===================================================

DtJNsPoU4AEvA86.jpg

DB Noa Pola-Gates

Just touched base with 4-star DB Noa Pola-Gates out of Gilbert (Ariz.) Williams Field who tells me Nebraska was in-home with him tonight.

Pola-Gates said it was defensive coordinator Erik Chinander, DB coach Travis Fisher, and QB coach Mario Verduzco that were by to see him and his family tonight.

Will hopefully be getting more info to pass along about how the visit went soon.

(Nate)

================================================

btYN9Vcu_400x400.jpg

OLB Amare Barno

Spoke with El Dorado (Kan.) Butler C.C. outside linebacker Amare Barno tonight who told me Nebraska will be visiting him tomorrow.

The 6-foot-6, 220-pound Barno added that the Huskers see him as an OLB/edge rusher in their 3-4 defense and he will be taking an official visit to Lincoln next weekend and an official visit to FAU on Dec. 14. Barno said he's a 2-for-2 December graduate.

(Nate)

===============================================

UWfymWd8_400x400.jpg

OT Jimmy Fritzsche

Offensive tackle Jimmy Fritzsche out of Greenville, S.C. hosted Nebraska head coach Scott Frost and offensive line coach Greg Austin tonight. UCONN was also scheduled to visit Frtizsche tonight.

The 6-foot-7, 255-pound Fritzsche played both tight end and left tackle this season, but says the Huskers have been recruiting him as a tackle since they offered earlier this fall.

As of right now, the athletic tackle says he has official visits lined up to Syracuse for this weekend and will be visiting Nebraska the weekend of December 15.

Should be getting more from the visit soon.

(Nate)

====================================

tg5ix1nisahgibvwcjvq

OLB/DE Jamin Graham

OLB/DE Jamin Graham (6-6, 220) out of Attalla (Ala.) Etowa tells me he just got done meeting with Nebraska.

I have not yet heard back from Graham which coach(es) from Nebraska he met with, but I'm fairly certain Scott Frost was one of them. I will update more on Graham's visit as soon as I can.

(Nate)

=================================================

Husker offensive tackle commit Matthew Andersen will be hosting Nebraska coaches Scott Frost, Greg Austin and Ryan Held for an in school and in-home visit Thursday starting at 2:00 PM. His team is currently an undefeated 13-0 and they will be playing in the fourth round of the Louisiana state playoffs Friday. Anderson said that he is "100% Nebraska" and is looking for to signing his LOI,

(Mike)

================================

Cornhusker defensive back commit Quinton Newsome just tweeted this picture of his in home visit with the Nebraska staff on Tuesday.

(Mike)

==================================

Nebraska has offered Palm Desert (Calif.) College of the Desert DE Datona Jackson today (late last night).

The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Jackson had previously been committed to Colorado, but has recently opened his recruitment back up. He tells me he was happy to get the offer from the Huskers and after talking with DC Erik Chinander he feels like he could be a very good fit in NU's defense.

"I was happy about the offer," Jackson said. "I like where they fit me in their defensive scheme."

Jackson is a December grad and has a couple official visits already lined up, but thinks he might make it to Lincoln before he signs.

"I have official visits to UCLA this weekend then to Florida next weekend," Jackson said. "Nebraska could get one after that."

(Nate)

=======================================================

DtD3R2hU8AAlfKa.jpg

WR Winston Wright

Wide receiver Winston Wright out of Savannah (Ga.) Memorial Day met with Nebraska head coach Scott Frost this morning at his school.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound athlete told me the visit went very well. Wright said they mostly talked about his fit in Nebraska's offense and locked in an official visit date.

"I just met with Coach Frost," Wright said. "We just talked about how I'll fit in the scheme, a little about the school and how I would make an impact early. We talked about (visiting) and I'm going to take my official there next weekend."

Wright said the visit went about as well as it could have except for one part.

"Dang, I didn't get a picture with coach," Wright said. "It's OK though, he's going to eat lunch with my parents so they'll take a picture. I'll just have to post a pic of them!"

Last edited:
Take them both, Wright and Robinson. Need as many playmakers and speed as possible. Also these little slot guys seem to get banged up pretty easy. It would be good to have 2 or 3 of them rotating to avoid injuries.

Agree, we need speed everywhere plus he can return kicks as well.

Reactions: RedFanForever

Nebraska has offered Palm Desert (Calif.) College of the Desert DE Datona Jackson today (late last night).

The 6-foot-4, 260-pound Jackson had previously been committed to Colorado, but has recently opened his recruitment back up. He tells me he was happy to get the offer from the Huskers and after talking with DC Erik Chinander he feels like he could be a very good fit in NU's defense.

"I was happy about the offer," Jackson said. "I like where they fit me in their defensive scheme."

Jackson is a December grad and has a couple official visits already lined up, but thinks he might make it to Lincoln before he signs.

"I have official visits to UCLA this weekend then to Florida next weekend," Jackson said. "Nebraska could get one after that."

Posted this last week as a guy to watch

e

I'm not a defensive coach, (unlike most others on this board), but I really like his film. Looks like a high motor guy, with good discipline and instincts on D.

I'm not a defensive coach, (unlike most others on this board), but I really like his film. Looks like a high motor guy, with good discipline and instincts on D.
Offensive coaches like you are welcome to chime in. You know what kind of defenders are toughest for your offense to play against. Your opinion has value.

@Nate Clouse
The picture of Wright's parents with Frost as a resturant brought up a question for me.
Is it legal for parents to buy a coach lunch or dinner? Obviously they can cook dinner for the coach in the visit is in home, but can they take the coach to dinner if they want? I know the coach couldn't buy the family dinner, but can it work the other way around?
(Now, I'm sure more coaches would refuse the offer and pay for their own meals out of courtesy, but just wondering if it's legal)

Wright looks on film like he can definitely help in the horizontal passing game Frost likes to employ. Spielman is great at it but depth behind him is limited. I'm sure the staff is hoping Miles Jones can be that guy too but it would be nice to have 3-4 guys on the roster that can execute the horizontal passing game well in case someone goes down with an injury.

Take them both, Wright and Robinson. Need as many playmakers and speed as possible. Also these little slot guys seem to get banged up pretty easy. It would be good to have 2 or 3 of them rotating to avoid injuries.
Agree with everything you said. Bingo!

Sounds like Paul Johnson is retiring, maybe we can get on some g-tech commits

It's saying Dan Mullen likes 3 stars just as much as we do.
Mullen has is history with finding very good players. I saw this guys video and he is quick with a very high motor and well above average hands and looks pretty damn strong as well and good length. We need more than 1 3-4 body type DE in this class.

Cornhusker defensive back commit Quinton Newsome just tweeted this picture of his in home visit with the Nebraska staff on Tuesday.

(Mike)

==================================

(Nate)

=======================================================

DtD3R2hU8AAlfKa.jpg

WR Winston Wright

Wide receiver Winston Wright out of Savannah (Ga.) Memorial Day met with Nebraska head coach Scott Frost this morning at his school.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound athlete told me the visit went very well. Wright said they mostly talked about his fit in Nebraska's offense and locked in an official visit date.

"I just met with Coach Frost," Wright said. "We just talked about how I'll fit in the scheme, a little about the school and how I would make an impact early. We talked about (visiting) and I'm going to take my official there next weekend."

Wright said the visit went about as well as it could have except for one part.

"Dang, I didn't get a picture with coach," Wright said. "It's OK though, he's going to eat lunch with my parents so they'll take a picture. I'll just have to post a pic of them!"

Datona Jackson's HUDL film is filthy.

Reactions: CORNDOC
Husker offensive tackle commit Matthew Andersen will be hosting Nebraska coaches Scott Frost, Greg Austin and Ryan Held for an in school and in-home visit Thursday starting at 2:00 PM. His team is currently an undefeated 13-0 and they will be playing in the fourth round of the Louisiana state playoffs Friday. Anderson said that he is "100% Nebraska" and is looking for to signing his LOI.

Wright seems like a good kid. Good student and has been timed anywhere b/t 4.45 and 4.52 hand held

tg5ix1nisahgibvwcjvq

OLB/DE Jamin Graham

OLB/DE Jamin Graham (6-6, 220) out of Attalla (Ala.) Etowa tells me he just got done meeting with Nebraska.

I have not yet heard back from Graham which coach(es) from Nebraska he met with, but I'm fairly certain Scott Frost was one of them. I will update more on Graham's visit as soon as I can.

How old is the boy? Looks to be 25-30.

tg5ix1nisahgibvwcjvq

OLB/DE Jamin Graham

(Nate)

tve80212-19890306-2285.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT