ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Recruiting Notes: Monday

Nate Clouse

Nebraska Legend
Staff
Feb 14, 2012
Lincoln, Neb.
DtLbEGOVYAEH0fk.jpg

I have been reaching out to Noa Pola-Gates to get the latest on where things currently stand with him.

The 4-star safety has let me know that he is still thinking through his options and that he will NOT be signing anywhere on Wednesday. Instead, he is planning to announce his decision at the Polynesian Bowl and sign in February.

The current belief is that this is a Nebraska and Arizona State battle right now. I have gotten a lot of questions about Pola-Gate's cousin, DT Matthew Pola-Mao, and all I can tell you is that he still seems to be in play and we will likely see him visit Lincoln in January. I can also tell you that, as of today, Pola-Mao is not an option for the Sun Devils even though they have offered him.

================================================================

kywqhic1h9hfeji6gzkk

Offensive tackle target Jimmy Fritzsche was the only official visitor Nebraska hosted over the weekend and all indications are that the trip went extremely well.

The big, 6-foot-7, 250-pound lineman has pretty much gone quiet though following his visit to Lincoln over the weekend though. The latest I'm hearing is that Fritzsche is planning to sign on Wednesday. That is good news for the Huskers as they were wanting him to sign this week. However, from talking with the Clemson Rivals site, it appears the Tigers would also accept his LOI this week too.

Obviously this looks like the deck is stacked against the Huskers, but I still think NU is very much in play here. I'm hopeful to get some sort of comment from Fritzsche, but at the same time I don't want to harass him as it's pretty clear he and his family are doing some deep thinking in regards to his future. We may not have a great read on things until he announces his decision on Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News