ADVERTISEMENT

Really Happy for Iowa State

And yet Ferentz could only beat Bo Pelini once in 4 years. Congrats on beating a career .500 coach from Oregon State. Those days are over.

I've yet to see anything from Frost's defense that should intimidate anyone in the Big Ten. And the defensive players on UNL's campus presently are probably the softest in all of college football. Your offensive line hasn't shown anything in years. Nebraska is a fixer upper for the foreseeable future.

I've yet to see anything from Frost's defense that should intimidate anyone in the Big Ten. And the defensive players on UNL's campus presently are probably the softest in all of college football. Your offensive line hasn't shown anything in years. Nebraska is a fixer upper for the foreseeable future.
So why even post here? Go away if we are so irrelevant.
Really, go away.

Run your mouth while you can, junior. You know as well as we do that we're going to own you again. It's tradition. At least you'll still have wrasslin' and mushroom hunting.

Nebraska wishes it went 8-5 this year.

No, we don't. An 8-5 record might have prolonged the suckage of Eichorst and Riley. Instead, we now have an AD who knows what he's doing and our best coaching hire since Osborne walked away. Not saying we enjoyed the dumpster fire that was the 2017 season, but 99.9% of us are more than happy with the trade-off.

Congrats on finishing 4th in the Big Ten West with a scintillating 4-5 conference record, clearly much better than our 5th place finish at 3-6. See you on the field in 2018.

Rome wasn't built in a day...Don't expect the same team that has played Iowa the last 2 years to show up next year in Iowa City.

UCF went 0-12 two years ago. No other coach in history has gone from winless to undefeated in only 2 years. Amazing what a little coaching can do. No more "Beaver Ball" in Lincoln.

Just look at Matt Campbell. Inherited a 3-9 Iowa State program and already has them competing with the best in the Big 12. And he didn't even go undefeated at Toledo like Frost did at UCF. I think Frost and Campbell are starting to make Iowa fans pretty nervous.

Iowa.... I’m not shaking in my boots....

Congrats on being satisfied with average

Campbell is 0-2 against Iowa. We're shaking in our boots!

You must be, otherwise you wouldn't be posting in an Iowa State thread on a Nebraska message board.

Campbell inherited a dumpster fire and put up 41 on your vaunted defense a year later. The future looks pretty bright in Ames. And if losers like Pelini and Paul Rhoads could beat Ferentz more often than not - Campbell and Frost will likely own the Hawkeyes too once they get their systems in place.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Not happy with 8-5, but not miserable. Nebraska wishes it went 8-5 this year. We played one of the toughest schedules in the country and were only outclassed at Wisconsin. With our schedule and what we return, 10 wins should be the floor for Iowa in 2018. Just helping to keep you guys "the most knowledgeable fans in college football."
But but Scooter is taking them back to the 90's.

I hesitate to get involved in these idiotic piss fights, but I must admit your point concerning UNL’s defense interests me mucho, mucho.

I actually think the defense might be better than people think. What the D went through this year under Dreamy Diaco and the fact that they will be working out or a 3-4 that is admittedly schematically different than the 3-4 used by Frost and his buddies still suggests than the transition might actually be easier than what they went through this year.

As far as the offensive line, I think there is talent there. They just need good coaching. I’m not saying we will run wild in the West, but I think there will be improvement.

I think for Husker fans there is a realistic sense that improvement will come but it will take time.

No, we don't. An 8-5 record might have prolonged the suckage of Eichorst and Riley. Instead, we now have an AD who knows what he's doing and our best coaching hire since Osborne walked away. Not saying we enjoyed the dumpster fire that was the 2017 season, but 99.9% of us are more than happy with the trade-off.

Congrats on finishing 4th in the Big Ten West with a scintillating 4-5 conference record, clearly much better than our 5th place finish at 3-6. See you on the field in 2018.
About 56-14 better?

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Well, Iowa has more hardware than the Huskers this century so it's probably not a good moment to be judging programs. At least wait for Frost to be successful before digressing back to an unattractive Husker fan.
I like to think I'm pretty attractive. I seem to be a Husker fan and we seem to win more when were down than when Iowa has its best ups. Don't resist, being a Husker fan. I've known a few hogeye fans who saw the light...

Reactions: SOHusker11
In all seriousness, what will Nebraska do when Frost can’t win a championship? They can’t bring back their steroid program. Clawing at Wisconsin, at best. What will that earn Frost?

@Arbitr8 needs to change his/her handle to @Jan8or to better reflect his/her profession, not that there’s anything wrong with the custodial arts.

Probably the same thing Iowa has done about that problem for the last 100 years. Nothing.

Maybe.

But I think it's more likely that Nebraska fans boo him just like they did when he played for you, then the university fires him after he's won 9 games like it did Frank Solich and Bo Pelini because you think you're entitled to win 12 games every season, then Husker fans hail the next head coach as the savior of Nebraska football like they do with every new hire, there's talk of "dominating" and "restoring the order," then tshirts prematurely proclaiming Nebraska the Big Ten champs are printed up in the summer as was the case in 2011. Inevitably those shirts are seen worn by children rummaging through trash in third world countries by December. And repeat ad infinitum.

I've lived in Omaha for many years. I know how Husker fans operate. :cool:

Edit: also, every team that beats Scott Frost's Huskers "sucks," and the only reason they were able to win is because Nebraska just "sucks worse." That will also happen. Through these gates pass the best fans my ass, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeye_311
Iowa fan is this uppity after 20 years of mediocrity under KF, I can’t imagine what they’d be like if Iowa had a great history or actually wins a conference or national championship game, I am certainly glad we’ll never have to find out.

Congratulations to Iowa state and their wonderful fans.

Maybe.

But I think it's more likely that Nebraska fans boo him just like they did when he played for you, then the university fires him after he's won 9 games like it did Frank Solich and Bo Pelini because you think you're entitled to win 12 games every season, then Husker fans hail the next head coach as the savior of Nebraska football like they do with every new hire, there's talk of "dominating" and "restoring the order," then tshirts prematurely proclaiming Nebraska the Big Ten champs are printed up in the summer as was the case in 2011. Inevitably those shirts are seen worn by children rummaging through trash in third world countries by December. And repeat ad infinitum.

I've lived in Omaha for many years. I know how Husker fans operate. :cool:

Edit: also, every team that beats Scott Frost's Huskers "sucks," and the only reason they were able to win is because Nebraska just "sucks worse." That will also happen. Through these gates pass the best fans my ass, lol.
A sad existence for you... up on a Sunday morning, worrying about the inevitable continuation of your blandness.
Enjoy these last several years. GREAT years for Iowa.... a near run at s championship, occasional sell outs at your field, wins over a pretty bad Husker team... yep, life is good for you

Iowa fan is this uppity after 20 years of mediocrity under KF, I can’t imagine what they’d be like if Iowa had a great history or actually wins a conference or national championship game, I am certainly glad we’ll never have to find out.

Congratulations to Iowa state and their wonderful fans.
KF is in pretty good company for being "mediocre"
B1G-Coaches.jpg

To summarize, a Nebraska coach will never be retained for simply beating Iowa and will certainly be fired for losing to Iowa too many times, while an Iowa coach will never be fired for losing to Nebraska and will be certainly get a lifetime contract for beating Nebraska.

an Iowa coach will never be fired for losing to Nebraska and will be certainly (sic) get a lifetime contract for beating Nebraska.

Link to where this happened? Kirk got his lifetime contract for winning 12 games. That Nebraska was one of those is irrelevant. You could say - wrongly - that Kirk got a lifetime contract for beating Wisconsin or Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT