ADVERTISEMENT

Really don't understand what Colorado was doing on offense

stan raymond

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2005
Rewatched the game and I don't know what the hell Shurmur and Colorado were doing. Why didn't they throw the ball quicker with shorter routes? 5 yard routes, WR screens, stuff like that. They just did the same thing over and over and let us tee off on Sanders. Why didn't they bring a TE or RB in to help block? So many empty sets with just the 5 OL to stop the rush. Why not a rollouts or bootlegs? Anything, I mean UTEP's QB got hit less, you can't tell me that UTEP's OL are more talented.

Another thing is how awful their OL was. This wasn't a White special with 6 or 7 guys at the LOS and you don't know who is coming. Most of the damage was done with 4 guys rushing and clearly identified who it was. Our pass rushers just simply whooped the man/men across from them. It wasn't chess, it was our guys beating their guys. Seems really stupid not to do something about that, to help the OL out that are getting beat. I have a very low opinion of the Colorado offensive coaches. The OL for Colorado was horrible, but Sanders doesn't help by not throwing it quick like the UTEP QB did and the playcalling certainly didn't help.

Another thing I noticed in the rewatch. I like a lot of things this offense did, or almost did. Lots of screen type plays to Barney and R Johnson, mix that in with our run game and a bit of downfield passing and this offense will be hard to stop. Just needs a little bit more work. We've got a good mix of plays going forward, pleased with Satterfield is headed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.