ADVERTISEMENT

Reading between the lines

You care about the $ because it is a business. People deserve to be properly compensated for their time- overcompensate them and they tend to over value their importance and likewise with under compensation. Pay the right guy the right amount to do the right job and reward them well for exceeding expectations.

Reactions: tpmcg
I don’t care because it’s not my money and at this level of football all of these guys are insanely motivated. If you’re hiring a guy that won’t work as hard because you gave him $500k more than he thought he deserved then he’s not the right coach anyways. Target who you want and pay what it takes, it’s not complicated.

I mean if we want Frost but get outbid by Florida and he chooses them you’d be happy that we didn’t “overpay” because it’s a business and he deserves proper compensation? I have a feeling most of the fan base, including myself, would disagree.

Reactions: naturalmwa
You care about the $ because it is a business. People deserve to be properly compensated for their time- overcompensate them and they tend to over value their importance and likewise with under compensation. Pay the right guy the right amount to do the right job and reward them well for exceeding expectations.
I would keep the base mid to low, but the incentives extra good for results. Win/win for both. Tired of paying people we've fired.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I would keep the base mid to low, but the incentives extra good for results. Win/win for both. Tired of paying people we've fired.

Keep in mind that a Florida’s ass is in a crack with their coaching situation. If they lose Frost, they have publicly lost out on their top 2 candidates and the third or fourth will hold the cards. They’re going to be after him aggressively if he hasn’t already agreed to coach Nebraska.

Why do people care about the money? Pay whatever you have to to get the guy you want. It’s not my money, I don’t care at all about how much we pay.

Spoken by a true fan whose never been in a position of managing money because he's never made any.

Reactions: MitchL
Spoken by a true fan whose never been in a position of managing money because he's never made any.
Spoken by a random guy on a message board who doesn’t know the proper use of who’s or whose. I don’t care if the athletic department nickels and dimes to get the coach they want, they should identify the target and make every reasonable effort to bring him in.

Or spoken like an executive who understands the big business this is and says let’s not let $1 million get in the way of this important time in the trajectory of the program.

If the poster were an executive you wouldn't have made such a foolish statement. Fraud exposed.

Spoken by a random guy on a message board who doesn’t know the proper use of who’s or whose. I don’t care if the athletic department nickels and dimes to get the coach they want, they should identify the target and make every reasonable effort to bring him in.

Don't make stupid statements if you've never been in a position of needing to understand the meaning of fiscal responsibility.

If the poster were an executive you wouldn't have made such a foolish statement. Fraud exposed.

Perhaps if you wouldn't have wrecked our beloved native tongue, you wouldn't look so foolish at this moment. Better just sit back and start dialing Hooked On Phonics.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Or spoken like an executive who understands the big business this is and says let’s not let $1 million get in the way of this important time in the trajectory of the program.
The empty seats and early leaving fans this year cost us a lot more than a million dollars in concession money this year.

Reactions: chicolby
Don't make stupid statements if you've never been in a position of needing to understand the meaning of fiscal responsibility.

I think most of us have been in the position of having to understand fiscal responsibility. Familial fiscal responsibility counts.

However, let's say NU hires a coach on the cheap, again. And, lets say that coach delivers at the level of Riley. Do you really think fans are going to continue going to games, buying merchandise, or donating to the program? Fiscal responsibility is about putting your business/program in the best position to grow and improve. You can't make money without spending it.

The empty seats and early leaving fans this year cost us a lot more than a million dollars in concession money this year.
And moos addressed apathy big time. “I never want to see the stands empty in the third quarter again”

And moos addressed apathy big time. “I never want to see the stands empty in the third quarter again”
We hung in there until the last bloody interception and then I didn't even ask if we should leave. I just swore, jumped up and started walking...I had the Expedition keys.

I don’t care because it’s not my money

Some of it was your money if...

You buy tickets to any NU athletic game.
Buy anything at the game.
Donate to the program.
Buy husker merchandise or clothing.
Go to/Went to UNL.
Etc.

Of course we have little to no say how money is spent, but we should expect responsible financial moves.

I think most of us have been in the position of having to understand fiscal responsibility. Familial fiscal responsibility counts.

However, let's say NU hires a coach on the cheap, again. And, lets say that coach delivers at the level of Riley. Do you really think fans are going to continue going to games, buying merchandise, or donating to the program? Fiscal responsibility is about putting your business/program in the best position to grow and improve. You can't make money without spending it.
Bingo.

That may be a bit of a stretch but still between parking, tickets, concessions, memorabilia, etc over time we are talking about a lot of money.

That may be a bit of a stretch but still between parking, tickets, concessions, memorabilia, etc over time we are talking about a lot of money.
I've seen estimates of up to 5 million dollars per game in concessions and licensed goods sales per home game. It doesn't take many empty seats over the course of the seaons to cost you millions. 10% of 5 million is 500k per game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT