ADVERTISEMENT

RB's

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
1. Emmit
seems to have everything but being a power back and not sure about break away speed..stays healthy
2. Rammer
seems about the same as Emmit but more weight..hurt last year
3. Donte
I was impressed, minus the turnover (see rhule). defiantly a goal line back
4. Gabe
not sure he is as shifty as 1 & 2. defiantly a goal line back

(I might be biased cause emmit stayed healthy, and reminds me of the jet)

I can see why it is difficult to pick one when they all seem to bring something

I'm looking forward to rewatching the game and paying more attention to the RB performances. I watch the game so emotionally on gameday that many individual performances get lost in my excitement.

I was definitely impressed early on with Donte. Minus the turnover I'm a big fan.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I agree that E.Johnson is #1. DD looked really good as well, but if you can’t hang onto the ball you won’t play much. Rahmir lacks vision imo, but still a good back. Gabe - banger in short yardage situations

Emmitt Johnson is our best back in my opinion. That long run was textbook Emmitt Johnson- great vision, made one man miss and it was off to the races. And getting caught was also textbook Emmitt Johnson, he's not a burner. But I don't care. He just does so many things well. I also liked the pass that he caught and converted into a first down.

As for the others, I like Gabe and Donte back there in I formation as well as any other time Dylan is under center. Get either of those guys running downhill & hand them the ball. Or run play action/bootleg. That's playing to their strengths.

Last edited:
Emmitt Johnson is our best back in my opinion. That long run was textbook Emmitt Johnson- great vision, made one man miss and it was off to the races. And getting caught was also textbook Emmitt Johnson, he's not a burner. But I don't care. He just does so many things well. I also liked the pass that he caught and converted into a first down.

As for the others, I like Gabe and Donte back there in I formation as well as anytime Dylan is under center. Get either of those guys running downhill & hand them the ball. Or run play action. That's playing to their strengths.
We haven’t had a RB with great vision since Rex or AA. It’s the most underrated quality of a good back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT