ADVERTISEMENT

RB Ajay Allen

I've been exceedingly nice and patient with people like you for years. All I get is disrespect back. Watch the film. Think for yourself. I no longer have patience for people who are too lazy or incapable of doing such things.
Lmao armchair scouting on a message board and thinks his time is worth shit

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
The Grant kid who is now on campus was a 5.8 4* out of HS. Rahmir iwas a 5.8 4*. As was Stepp. If you look at the stretch of RB play post AA, it is associated with a degradation in Oline play. A kid like Mills might have been more sufficient had there been better play up front. Get some better Oline along with Yant deciding to quit dicking around and the run game goes somewhere. But the line is the chicken and the RBs the egg.
On the nose

Actually wouldn’t mind Allen and the aTm kid… we have a handful of guys still who will never contribute on the field that need to be let go… Jackson, Mauga, an OL or two, wildeman, Cerni, etc
Not certain but I think Cerni is already gone ?

Not certain but I think Cerni is already gone ?
I haven't seen anything but there's no chance he's back. Pryzstup is already in the portal and as bad as he was, and he was bad, Cerni was worse.

The only problem is that Buschini better be good because the only other guy on the roster is a kid who has been here 3 years and still hasn't had a single punt. We were beyond awful last year and he didn't play in a single game despite not being injured and no longer having a redshirt available.

I haven't seen anything but there's no chance he's back. Pryzstup is already in the portal and as bad as he was, and he was bad, Cerni was worse.

The only problem is that Buschini better be good because the only other guy on the roster is a kid who has been here 3 years and still hasn't had a single punt. We were beyond awful last year and he didn't play in a single game despite not being injured and no longer having a redshirt available.
He's good. If he sucks/gets injured this year we are truly cursed

Ajay is probably the most interesting recruit of the class. Not really sure what we are getting with him. This kind of shows when you look at his rankings across the recruiting sites. One site has him a 4 star but then lists him a 3 in composite.

I don’t think I’m buying in to him as a factor as a freshman but who knows. I do know I’m glad as hell he’s N but he might have a major learning curve. But here are things to keep in mind about him

He plays in 4A football in LA. 4A is kind of a mix bag. 4A has its Eden Karr which is a power house that produces P5 talent every year. But you also have a lot of smaller bad football teams. Ajay played mostly bad football talent. Remember LA dividends private and public in football. 5A is the highest but they also have divisions for private schools. Some of their best football is private schools. So in a way he’s playing at the 3rd best level in LA.

Again 4A has good football all the same, but he didn’t play many of those teams and when he played one, he was shut down. One might think he was shut down because that was his line play But the most interesting factor about Allen is he played behind the best O-lineman in LA. His OT is the a top 50 recruit and ranks as high as the 2nd best OT in the 2022 class. He was on the edge of being a 5 star.

So you think, a kid playing against mostly lesser teams running behind the best lineman in the state. IDK? What I do know, is I’m glad he’s here to see what he’s got. I also am not penciling him in as the starter in Ireland nor will I be shocked if we don’t see him play much in 2022. His biggest issue is going to be pass blocking. That’s a given for most backs. If you want to put money on a new RB next year saving the day, put it on Grant. He’s been playing against men. But ultimately I still like Rhamir will be our dude in 2022

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Ajay is probably the most interesting recruit of the class. Not really sure what we are getting with him. This kind of shows when you look at his rankings across the recruiting sites. One site has him a 4 star but then lists him a 3 in composite.

I don’t think I’m buying in to him as a factor as a freshman but who knows. I do know I’m glad as hell he’s N but he might have a major learning curve. But here are things to keep in mind about him

He plays in 4A football in LA. 4A is kind of a mix bag. 4A has its Eden Karr which is a power house that produces P5 talent every year. But you also have a lot of smaller bad football teams. Ajay played mostly bad football talent. Remember LA dividends private and public in football. 5A is the highest but they also have divisions for private schools. Some of their best football is private schools. So in a way he’s playing at the 3rd best level in LA.

Again 4A has good football all the same, but he didn’t play many of those teams and when he played one, he was shut down. One might think he was shut down because that was his line play But the most interesting factor about Allen is he played behind the best O-lineman in LA. His OT is the a top 50 recruit and ranks as high as the 2nd best OT in the 2022 class. He was on the edge of being a 5 star.

So you think, a kid playing against mostly lesser teams running behind the best lineman in the state. IDK? What I do know, is I’m glad he’s here to see what he’s got. I also am not penciling him in as the starter in Ireland nor will I be shocked if we don’t see him play much in 2022. His biggest issue is going to be pass blocking. That’s a given for most backs. If you want to put money on a new RB next year saving the day, put it on Grant. He’s been playing against men. But ultimately I still like Rhamir will be our dude in 2022
Thank you for that unbiased hit piece.

So, Allen’s talent is questionable because he may not play against the best teams in the state.

His OT is the best lineman in the state because… he’s playing against the best talent in the state?

What am I missing here?

I get what you are saying about 4A Louisiana football, but the enrollment numbers for that level of football in Louisiana would put it between 23-38 in Nebraska. Basically lower enrollment of Class A and upper enrollment of Class B. I am not sure it is as much of a factor as you are making it out to be.

So, Allen’s talent is questionable because he may not play against the best teams in the state.

His OT is the best lineman in the state because… he’s playing against the best talent in the state?

What am I missing here?
What are you missing here? A lot

Allen’s talent is questionable because he may not play against the best teams in the state and he has one of the best OT in the nation blocking for him. You conveniently left this part out of your condescending response.

Lots of Backs are products of good O-Line play. I like Ajay. A lot. I stated that over and over again in my OP. I wanted to add color to why some love him and others put a lot of risk on him.

And yes 6’5 300 pound freakishly athletic lineman are easier to grade out in high school regardless of talent of their competition. If you haven’t learned that on your time on this website that’s not my fault.

and again, I like Ajay.

Allen’s talent is questionable because he may not play against the best teams in the state and he has one of the best OT in the nation blocking for him. You conveniently left this part out of your condescending response.

Lots of Backs are products of good O-Line play. I like Ajay. A lot. I stated that over and over again in my OP. I wanted to add color to why some love him and others put a lot of risk on him.

And yes 6’5 300 pound freakishly athletic lineman are easier to grade out in high school regardless of talent of their competition. If you haven’t learned that on your time on this website that’s not my fault.

and again, I like Ajay.
I hear you. It’s just funny to me that Allen is questionable for playing lesser talent but the OT is all world even though he is up against lesser talent.

Just seems like a bit of a double standard.

Sorry you felt I was being condescending for pointing out what I perceived to be a double standard. Next time I’ll just agree with you so as not to hurt your feelings.

and again, I like Ajay.
Almost your entire first post on Ajay had a negative tone. You also didn't state "over and over" that you liked him a lot.

If the kid misses, so be it. You don't have to play in the higher levels in high school football to be a standout in college.

Of course, as a freshman he will have a large learning curve, they all do. And pass blocking is sometimes the deciding factor. If he can't block, he won't play unless they slot him or something.

He's a talented running back. He has great feet, and really good vision, he also looks to take it to the house, and I like that in a RB.

He may be a bust or he may see a lot of snaps.

I've seen plenty of 6'5" 300 pound freshmen get knocked on their ass as linemen when they start playing kids just as big and just as strong as them.

For both of our viewing pleasure, I hope I'm right and you're wrong. LOL

I hear you. It’s just funny to me that Allen is questionable for playing lesser talent but the OT is all world even though he is up against lesser talent.

Just seems like a bit of a double standard.

Sorry you felt I was being condescending for pointing out what I perceived to be a double standard. Next time I’ll just agree with you so as not to hurt your feelings.
I don’t mind if you agree with me or disagree with me, just don’t misquote me. That’s an amateur move.

You are beat up on the smaller school but I’m more looking at Ajay having a star OT against inferior talent.Will Campbell effects Ajay Allen’s game way more than vice versa.

Also keep in mind that everyone in the P5 offered Campbell and that means that everyone in the P5 watched film on Ajay.

Almost your entire first post on Ajay had a negative tone. You also didn't state "over and over" that you liked him a lot.

If the kid misses, so be it. You don't have to play in the higher levels in high school football to be a standout in college.

Of course, as a freshman he will have a large learning curve, they all do. And pass blocking is sometimes the deciding factor. If he can't block, he won't play unless they slot him or something.

He's a talented running back. He has great feet, and really good vision, he also looks to take it to the house, and I like that in a RB.

He may be a bust or he may see a lot of snaps.

I've seen plenty of 6'5" 300 pound freshmen get knocked on their ass as linemen when they start playing kids just as big and just as strong as them.

For both of our viewing pleasure, I hope I'm right and you're wrong. LOL
No what I did was bring facts to the argument and you all got butt hurt that I didn’t hand him the Doak Walker award. He’s a fantastic find especially where we were sitting in recruiting back in November. I will state it again, A fantastic land. I think Emmett is too. And I wouldn’t put one if front of the other at this point

Cerni is on medical retirement scholly meaning he’s done and doesn’t count for #’s.

I don’t mind if you agree with me or disagree with me, just don’t misquote me. That’s an amateur move.

You are beat up on the smaller school but I’m more looking at Ajay having a star OT against inferior talent.Will Campbell effects Ajay Allen’s game way more than vice versa.

Also keep in mind that everyone in the P5 offered Campbell and that means that everyone in the P5 watched film on Ajay.
Not sure how I misquoted you. You said Allen went up against inferior talent and you weren’t convinced he was all that.

But the OLineman, who also presumably went up against inferior talent, is somehow a can’t miss player.

I fully agree that the offers seem to tell more of the story, which I didn’t compare between the two players. You make a good point there.

Somebody just tell our kickers not to try to emulate the Happy Gilmore golf swing and we should be OK.

82d3d9280e9e32dbff06aff2c54569ce.gif

No what I did was bring facts to the argument and you all got butt hurt that I didn’t hand him the Doak Walker award. He’s a fantastic find especially where we were sitting in recruiting back in November. I will state it again, A fantastic land. I think Emmett is too. And I wouldn’t put one if front of the other at this point
It is a fact that you don't hand out the Doak Walker. I'm glad to see you using words like fantastic now that I've called you on your initial post.

Hopefully, Rahmir, Grant, Ajay, and if healthy Ervin and maybe Yant will all have a chance to do battle.

Since you are touting Grant as the guy to put money on, I will pass. Juco kids are older but sometimes their learning curve is just as great as an incoming freshman. The last top ranked juco RB NU had didn't fare so well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT