ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Gregory: Suspended Again

Ho-Lee-Shit

Up to now I felt sorry for him and rooted for him, now I'm starting to wonder if he's just a dumbass. Man...what a waste. I still root for him, but can't bring myself to feel for him anymore....assuming this is true that is.

Im sure he knew what was at risk when he violated the policy. I think it is more than getting high with his buddies. I really believe that he has some mental illness, and smoking some dope is what makes him feel better. Its too bad that his career is going to end like this.

Reactions: mmunso7
AAF or XFL for $150K/yr. Not sure if those leagues have or will have penalties for substance abuse. It's sad because Gregory had a great future in front of him if he could have stayed clean.

giphy.gif

...and it's not addictive. Right. It just really messed up his life. He's not the first or the last.
Are you saying it is addictive like alcohol is addictive? That has messed up peoples lives. Or are you saying it is addictive like heroin? There is a big difference and I'm just looking for clarification.

Are you saying it is addictive like alcohol is addictive? That has messed up peoples lives. Or are you saying it is addictive like heroin? There is a big difference and I'm just looking for clarification.

He can't stop and just lost millions of $$$ and opportunities for him and his family. It's addictive.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
The term addiction has been watered down to mean anything and everything that ones can spend large amounts of time and focus on that may be detrimental .

If weed is addictive, sex is infinitely more addictive and damaging to society when abused .

Reactions: PHXskerz
The term addiction has been watered down to mean anything and everything that ones can spend large amounts of time and focus on that may be detrimental .

If weed is addictive, sex is infinitely more addictive and damaging to society when abused .

So you think it's not addictive, and RG is just an idiot?

Addiction is just a term used when people make bad decisions over and over. That sounds trite, but the fact of the matter is that we have the ability to control our actions even when our body or mind tells us to do something.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Addiction is just a term used when people make bad decisions over and over. That sounds trite, but the fact of the matter is that we have the ability to control our actions even when our body or mind tells us to do something.
Everything can be addictive then. And then the word becomes meaningless. Addictive now means having a potential to be habit forming .

I feel social media is much more "addictive" and harmful than marijuana.

anything can be addictive.
its a real demon hes fighting.
i myself dont give two shits about weed.

nfl could be as ‘proactive’ towards abusers...theyve struggled mightily with those decisions.

Well, if there is a mental illness that has something to do with this, then it’s not totally on him
Help me out here. If it's a mental illness then how is it not 100% on him? He had all the help he could possibly expect to receive? His employer gave him a hell of a lot more opportunities to rectify the matter than any other employer would offer to "regular" people.

He's an ignorant, simple-minded, near-sighted, immature fool. He wasted natural skill and talent to smoke some weed. Society gave him his opportunity with second and third chances and he pissed it down the drain.

He's the NFL's poster child of a classic dumbass. He will be nothing more than a footnote and a punchline.

Help me out here. If it's a mental illness then how is it not 100% on him? He had all the help he could possibly expect to receive? His employer gave him a hell of a lot more opportunities to rectify the matter than any other employer would offer to "regular" people.

He's an ignorant, simple-minded, near-sighted, immature fool. He wasted natural skill and talent to smoke some weed. Society gave him his opportunity with second and third chances and he pissed it down the drain.

He's the NFL's poster child of a classic dumbass. He will be nothing more than a footnote and a punchline.
well, weed is safer than football. ;)

I suspect you don't know him any better than I do. It's easy to look at it the way that you do, that he's just selfish and stupid. That may be true, I don't know, but IF there are significant mental health issues, then it isn't as easy as calling him a "classic dumbass." Lots of people suffer in real ways, every day, through no fault of their own because of mental health. Any respite from their condition is gold to that person, and frankly, to those who have regular contact with them. When I say it's not all on him, I'm not blaming anyone else, but saying that he has all the help he could want, if true, doesn't necessarily resolve the issue; mental health issues are funny that way.

Pelini had 0 tolerance for pot and I imagine if he found out that Randy tried the devil's lettuce when he was at UNL he would have been kicked off the team immediately. ;)

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Everything can be addictive then. And then the word becomes meaningless. Addictive now means having a potential to be habit forming .

I feel social media is much more "addictive" and harmful than marijuana.

Social media is the bane of society. If we could just implement a law that would require a person to be able to pass a 4th grade spelling test before being able to have an account, that would knock out about 80% of the users and make it slightly more bearable. Maybe have a similar policy for voting, that too would knock out about 80%.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
You mean the “mind” that isn’t firing on all cylinders? Wouldn’t that be “unhealthy mind over matter?”
Really? There’s been no question he has mental issues to deal with. And he’s been given his chance, multiple times. Maybe Jerry will finally say, “I’m sorry, I can’t help you any more.”

Really? There’s been no question he has mental issues to deal with. And he’s been given his chance, multiple times. Maybe Jerry will finally say, “I’m sorry, I can’t help you any more.”

Did I say anything about whether or not he should continue to be employed in the NFL?

for something that is gaining more widespread acceptance it seems the policy is out of date.

in other news, owners will probably declare handjobs by trafficked human beings to be of great therapeutic benefit - to owners, of course...

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT