ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Quick-hitting nuggets on 2025 DL targets amidst OV season

TimVerghese

Redshirt Freshman
Staff
Mar 15, 2024
*** As I hinted last week, Palatine (Ill.) High four-star defensive lineman Jaylen Williams committed to Michigan after his official visit to Ann Arbor this past weekend. Williams was scheduled to officially visit Nebraska June 21, but that will no longer happen. The Wolverines were the leader for a long time, but had faded at one point this spring amidst some defensive line coach turnover at Michigan, opening the door for Nebraska and Tennessee to gains some real momentum but new defensive line coach Lou Esposito got the Wolverines back in front in recent weeks, and this weekend's official visit put them over the top.

*** Continue to hear that Oklahoma leads for West Fargo (N.D) Sheyenne three-star defensive lineman Kade Pietrzak. He was back in Norman this past weekend for an official visit and sounds like a decision could be made sooner rather than later (no pun intended). Nebraska is scheduled to have him in town for an official visit June 21, but at this point, it's wait-and-see on if that visit even happens.

*** I hate to be the bearer of even more bad news but Nebraska is expected to host Somerville (N.J) High four-star defensive end Jayden Loftin for an official visit this coming weekend but I doubt that visit happens based on what I heard about his Tennessee official visit this past weekend. Penn State and Nebraska will continue to push but the Volunteers gained a lot of momentum over the weekend.

*** In good news, Nebraska will host Hitchcock (Tex.) High three-star defensive lineman Malcolm Simpson for an official visit this weekend and depending on how the trip goes, I've gotten the read this one could progress quickly for the Huskers. Defensive line coach Terrance Knighton has done a really good job building a relationship quickly and he's got Tyson Terry peer-recruiting him.

*** Nebraska's got some ground to make up, but I've gotten the read the Huskers could emerge as the leaders for 2025 Port Arthur (Tex.) Memorial four-star EDGE Michael Riles after he makes his official visit to Nebraska June 21. UCF and Oklahoma State are two programs to be wary of but Nebraska has really come on strong over the last month and the official visit could put them over the top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.