ADVERTISEMENT

Question about gameday in Lincoln

sfloudenback

Dec 1, 2007
Going to be up in Lincoln this weekend with the family (wife, s11, d13). Don't have FB tix, but will be going to VB game. We're going to head over for pregame and then were thinking of watching the game somewhere. Anyone recommend a good place that is kid friendly? We're thinking railyard, but if the kids want to sit inside, I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation.

Thanks for any help!

Going to be up in Lincoln this weekend with the family (wife, s11, d13). Don't have FB tix, but will be going to VB game. We're going to head over for pregame and then were thinking of watching the game somewhere. Anyone recommend a good place that is kid friendly? We're thinking railyard, but if the kids want to sit inside, I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation.

Thanks for any help!

That is sort of a tough one, I am thinking you might just find a restaurant in the area. Buzzard Billy's maybe? I think there is an Honest Abes too.

Reactions: sfloudenback

Thanks for any help!

Anywhere in the Haymarket would be fine. Haven't been there in a few years, but the N-Zone used to be fun.

Thanks for any help!
Thanks for those who have suggested. Those that said Memorial Stadium, I appreciate the humor, or those shooting for a laugh. Unfortunately, can't afford the tix this time for the whole family. But, thought it'd be nice to treat them to the environment of the pre-game and still be able to watch the game.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Thanks for those who have suggested. Those that said Memorial Stadium, I appreciate the humor, or those shooting for a laugh. Unfortunately, can't afford the tix this time for the whole family. But, thought it'd be nice to treat them to the environment of the pre-game and still be able to watch the game.
The railyard can be a real madhouse. Since you have two kids I would second the suggestion that you find a table at one of the sports bar/restaurant type places. I really like Buzzard Billy's as was suggested above.

Do they still have the practice fields to the northeast open for pregame? Probably have the game on a screen there.
The Husker Nation Pavilion is moving back to the track area, where it had been in the past, which is just south of the practice fields. In the past they had shown the game on the screen there, but I thought maybe that changed. The thing I saw mentioned showing other college football games on the screen throughout the day, didn't say anything about the Husker game though.

EDIT: According to the page I've liked below, it sounds like the game will be shown there, so a good place to enjoy the game atmosphere and watch the game.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=18618

Last edited:
The Husker Nation Pavilion is moving back to the track area, where it had been in the past, which is just south of the practice fields. In the past they had shown the game on the screen there, but I thought maybe that changed. The thing I saw mentioned showing other college football games on the screen throughout the day, didn't say anything about the Husker game though.
Good question. I don't think they show our game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT