ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterbacks- Past and Present

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
We’ve had some great QB’s in our history but this season has made me think at seasons when we didn’t have quality QB and how our season eventually ended..

I remember back in 1967 and 1968 we had Frank Patrick was 6-7 had a strong arm but wasn’t mobile and Ernie Sigler was just adequate and wasn’t asked to do so much..Until Devaney recruited Tagge and Brownson in 1968 the team went from being 6-4 and 6-4 to 9-2 and eventually National Champions..

Callahan, had Joe Dailey to start and Jammal Lord was Solich last QB before he was fired..Callahans teams had two decent QB’s Zach Taylor and Joe Gantz that you could hang your hat on and be successful..

Pelini best QB ‘s were Joe Ganz senior season and Taylor Marteniz and Tommy Armstrong and for the most part they were good enough winning you game and making bowl games.

Riley had Tommy Armstrong which I would be ecstatic to have a QB like that now..

Majority of Osborne teams that didn’t have that it factor at QB usually didn’t win the conference title.

Rhule has his work cut out and needs to find a QB for next season and be the starter the following season..

Realize it’s just not the QB it’s the trenches too. But the winning teams have quality QB that stays with them for 2-3 three years.

Reactions: 9and4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT