ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Coach Ryan Walters: "I really can't stand that color, and I hate the N on their helmet."

Cornicator

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2009
Meadville
Congrats to Walters for bringing some extra animosity into Lincoln, Nebraska.

QmbT-E.gif

Sign of respect. At least we still have that big brother thing where everyone still wants to beat your ass because your Nebraska. Not sure how long that's going to last if we can't get our shit together as a program.

When you're the Purdue head coach and the sports information department begs you to generate interest in the upcoming game with Nebraska, you have to come up with something.

Have to believe most Boilermaker fans already have their eyes on basketball season.

I have no problem with it at all. I know if I were coach and Iowa game or Texas game was coming up, I’d be hard pressed not to say I can’t stand them and wish nothing but a plagues of locusts on each of them.

Reactions: t7w0c1
Sign of respect. At least we still have that big brother thing where everyone still wants to beat your ass because your Nebraska. Not sure how long that's going to last if we can't get our shit together as a program.
Eh, I think that has all but disappeared against Big Ten opponents. 4 years after our entry everyone started beating the crap out of us and have no feelings of us being superior. The history just isn’t there like it was with K State, KU, Mizzou, Iowa state where we beat some of them 20-30 straight games at one point. These big ten teams just don’t care like that. To them it’s just another win, same as taking care of business vs Indiana or Rutgers.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
I didn't think it was bad. He gave props to our fans and our stadium and said he doesn't like us. The man is if nothing else honest.

When you're the Purdue head coach and the sports information department begs you to generate interest in the upcoming game with Nebraska, you have to come up with something.

Have to believe most Boilermaker fans already have their eyes on basketball season.
Correct. We are looking forward to basketball and football signing day. Big fan of Walters.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
I think the remaining Husker games are going to be close due to all the injurise on the offensive side. I think the Huskers are only a 1 point favorite. If the D plays like they have the last two games And more importantly if the offense just plays solid. Keep the turnovers down and HH gets 100-130 yards in passing, I think it will be a win. Purdue shows nothing on offense.

So I am expecting another uncomfortable Saturday afternoon. Throw in the added pressure of wanting to beat my wife’s school. I feel sorry for the dog. He will be spending a lot of time going back and forth between my wife in one room and me in another. Take no prisoners. No friends on a Husker gameday. .

Last edited:
Eh, I think that has all but disappeared against Big Ten opponents. 4 years after our entry everyone started beating the crap out of us and have no feelings of us being superior. The history just isn’t there like it was with K State, KU, Mizzou, Iowa state where we beat some of them 20-30 straight games at one point. These big ten teams just don’t care like that. To them it’s just another win, same as taking care of business vs Indiana or Rutgers.
I don't totally disagree, but we still have a name and a brand. And what's left of our history still holds water...albeit very little anymore. I mean look how fired up Colorado was to play us! That doesn't happen to just anyone.

I don't totally disagree, but we still have a name and a brand. And what's left of our history still holds water...albeit very little anymore. I mean look how fired up Colorado was to play us! That doesn't happen to just anyone.

Funny...he uses K State, KU, Mizzou and Iowa State, former Big 12 teams, to make his point. And you use sCUm, arguably our biggest Big 12 rival, to make yours? Not sure you thought that rebuttal all the way through 😂

Last edited:
I think the remaining Husker games are going to be close due to all the injurise on the offensive side. I think the Huskers are only a 1 point favorite. If the D plays like they have the last two games And more importantly if the offense just plays solid. Keep the turnovers down and HH gets 100-130 yards in passing, I think it will be a win. Purdue shows nothing on offense.

So I am expecting another uncomfortable Saturday afternoon. Throw in the added pressure of wanting to beat my wife’s school. I feel sorry for the dog. He will be spending a lot of time going back and forth between my wife in one room and me in another. Take no prisoners. No friends on a Husker gameday. .

Injuries or not we find ways to make games uncomfortable. I expect no different this week. Just find a way to get the W.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT