ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Nebraska- Your thoughts?

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
NU and PBA will be too much for the Boilermakers. We should keep the train a-rollin'
Big Red 77-65
This post was edited on 2/22 1:31 PM by Charlie Marlow

Purdue is what? 2 and 6 their last 8 games. Their last win is 2 games ago at home vs. Indiana. Last conference road win was back in the middle of January. That being said, I don't expect Purdue to lay down and bow down before everyone's new basketball darlings.... The mighty Corn Huskers!

I expect Purdue to come out and try and hit us in the mouth. That seems to cause a lot of success in the B1G on the road as we're learning. Penn St gave us a physical game Thursday and I don't see the rugby scrum ending any time soon. The Huskers are down to the their last 5 regular season games. I think the other members of the B1G are getting a little tired about hearing about our little basketball team and want to knock us down to where they think we belong.

I thought Penn St would have been the traditional Husker basketball let-down game. It didn't happen. I don't know. Ever since Tim Miles sent Tubby Smith packing from the Gophers last season, something is different with Husker basketball. It didn't start at the new arena.

I want to believe this team is 'hot' enough to do some serious damage in the B1G tourney. I want to believe this team can go undefeated until then. I want to fill out my bracket and have the Huskers down as my disney princess Sweet 16 team only to beat Creighton and continue on to even grander fantasies. But alas, I am a Husker fan. And I know what that kind of thinking can do. Just enjoy the ride. Tim Miles is driving the bus and we are going on a little sight seeing tour. Hopefully we will get to see something we have never seen before.

Purdue Boilermakers. Not today. Packed arena. Hungry fans. Hungry team. This B1G team keeps the their home winning streak alive. We want this more than you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT